half centimetre clearence for PSU

frozensun

Hey guys.

Well was using this PC for more then 7 years and didn't have any issues.

Just noticed that PSU has a fan and it's installed at the bottom of the case,but there is just around half centimetre clearence for PSU fan from bottom (floor).

Is it enough for PSU to don't get damaged?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

5 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i mean, it has been running for 7 years. if it would damage the PSU your rig would have died by now.

Yep I agree on that one.

13 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Hmm I would suggest going back in time 7 years and raising it up another 5mm

But the case doesn't have support for bottom,only rubber feet which are like 0.5cm in height.

I thought about that but how could I raise to 0.5 cm more,maybe to glue rubber standoffs on all 4 corners of the case.

Quite old PC but still functional.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

If you're worried flip the PSU around so the fan is at the top and pulls air from inside the case (if you don't have a PSU shroud)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

After 7 years, I would think about replacing that power supply.  I think the clearance is probably fine given that the old one has lasted for so long.

12 hours ago, r.b said:

After 7 years, I would think about replacing that power supply.  I think the clearance is probably fine given that the old one has lasted for so long.

why would I replace PSU?

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

why would I replace PSU?

Because having a PSU break can be dangerous in more ways than one, and yours is close to the amount of time you can reasonably expect a PSU to last. Unless it's a high-end model with a 10 year warranty or something.