Itunes replacement

Chap

dont use VLC and especially dont use it for music as its a video player and MPC-HC is better at that.

Refer to one of my previous statements. 

Refer to one of my previous statements.

I dont see anything relevant besides what I quoted.

No but it will change how its handled which is especially important for video. Also VLC is not a audio player is a video player the only reason it can play audio is because its in the video. Also what will change is the interface like if you want to have a library and other more music related stuff.

No but it will change how its handled which is especially important for video. Also VLC is not a audio player is a video player the only reason it can play audio is because its in the video. Also what will change is the interface like if you want to have a library and other more music related stuff.

I would facedesk, but its new and glass and I don't want break it. 

So this will suffice

k0yNjVF.jpg

The player has NO effect on quality regardless of intent of usage. Also failing to see why VLC's original purpose has to do with its effectiveness. 

I would facedesk, but its new and glass and I don't want break it. 

So this will suffice

k0yNjVF.jpg

The player has NO effect on quality regardless of intent of usage. Also failing to see why VLC's original purpose has to do with its effectiveness.

The player which has decoders and renderer's and may other things can indeed effect things if say its not implemented properly, as well as another program, or say the other program just has better ones or the ability too use better ones. So you fail to see how a program designed with playing music and managing a music library in mind would be more effective than a player intended to play video baring in mind that the only reason it handles sole audio being that those same formats are used in the video its intended to play?

The player which has decoders and renderer's and may other things can indeed effect things if say its not implemented properly, as well as another program, or say the other program just has better ones or the ability too use better ones. So you fail to see how a program designed with playing music and managing a music library in mind would be more effective than a player intended to play video baring in mind that the only reason it handles sole audio being that those same formats are used in the video its intended to play?

I think you misunderstand that "using VLC occasionally" != "using VLC exclusively"

I think you misunderstand that "using VLC occasionally" != "using VLC exclusively"

Nope I understood that but thats not really what he said initially. He basically said that he used it for anything iTunes doesnt handle, which is everything but mp3, m4a and its derivatives, and possibly wav. there are plenty of light weight audio oriented that could handle that. I just trying to VLC is not intended to be a audio player. the reason why im uptight about it is that you wouldnt imagine how much ive seen it be used that way.

Nope I understood that but thats not really what he said initially. He basically said that he used it for anything iTunes doesnt handle, which is everything but mp3, m4a and its derivatives, and possibly wav. there are plenty of light weight audio oriented that could handle that. I just trying to VLC is not intended to be a audio player. the reason why im uptight about it is that you wouldnt imagine how much ive seen it be used that way.

Well VLC claims it's a media player, not just a video player, just like Windows Media Player, and iTunes can also play videos, so then it's a media player, not just music player. VLC isn't that bad, unless you turn up the volume past 100%

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Well VLC claims it's a media player, not just a video player, just like Windows Media Player, and iTunes can also play videos, so then it's a media player, not just music player. VLC isn't that bad, unless you turn up the volume past 100%

Well WMP can actually handle audio decently and even has a library. it can also handle video quite well once you install a select few direct show decoders. iTunes can play videos because it has to as it sells them. Its support for them and what you can do with them is quite limited to watching them. Also VLC or any media player has digital volume your best bet there is just to leave it at 100 and control via speakers/amp or windows general volume control.

Well WMP can actually handle audio decently and even has a library. it can also handle video quite well once you install a select few direct show decoders. iTunes can play videos because it has to as it sells them. Its support for them and what you can do with them is quite limited to watching them. Also VLC or any media player has digital volume your best bet there is just to leave it at 100 and control via speakers/amp or windows general volume control.

You're just arguing about personal preferences, which is quite pointless to do on the internet. Mr. Rarity has a specific use for VLC so he uses it - end of story.

You're just arguing about personal preferences, which is quite pointless to do on the internet. Mr. Rarity has a specific use for VLC so he uses it - end of story.

im just saying use a audio optimized player for audio and a video optimized player for video. But yes MPC-HC is my personal preference, because its better. I could go through all the reason but ive done it before and this isnt the thread for that.

im just saying use a audio optimized player for audio and a video optimized player for video. But yes MPC-HC is my personal preference, because its better. I could go through all the reason but ive done it before and this isnt the thread for that.

and here I thought we had all agreed that all media players sound the same, as EmoRarity said. 

@Chap

foobarfoobarfoobarfoobarfoobarfoobarfoobarfoobarfoobarfoobarfoobar... o barf o barf o barf o barf!

Consider Music Bee! It has a couple of color schemes to choose and has a very similar layout to iTunes with a little more convenience and shorter loading times. ;) I fiddled with foobar for days, after i switched from iTunes. Then i found MusicBee and never looked back. Mobile device sync is also pretty easy with it.

who cares...

and here I thought we had all agreed that all media players sound the same, as EmoRarity said.

Want me to find you one with something that handles the audio wrong an easy thing to pick on would be DTS since most decoders on PCs dont handle that properly in the least. But yes they may sounds the same but what does that have to do with anything a music player isnt just the sound...

Want me to find you one with something that handles the audio wrong an easy thing to pick on would be DTS since most decoders on PCs dont handle that properly in the least. But yes they may sounds the same but what does that have to do with anything a music player isnt just the sound...

We're on the subject of music playing, where obviously DTS would be horrible. and some people might want a light weight player, which VLC is, along with at least Win-Amp. I also know many people who don't even use library functions, so then something like VLC or Win-Amp is fine, where-as iTunes (example) is pretty slow and heavy, at least what I experienced on my old laptop, haven't used it since.

We're on the subject of music playing, where obviously DTS would be horrible. and some people might want a light weight player, which VLC is, along with at least Win-Amp. I also know many people who don't even use library functions, so then something like VLC or Win-Amp is fine, where-as iTunes (example) is pretty slow and heavy, at least what I experienced on my old laptop, haven't used it since.

DTS is used for music, usually for surround music though. If you want light weight music foobar as it even has a portable option. But winamp isnt a bad option, it should be noted it has quite good library functions actually. As for lightweight I have to argue that MPC-HC is lighter weight than VLC and if you really insist you could use it for audio too. :D

DTS is used for music, usually for surround music though. If you want light weight music foobar as it even has a portable option. But winamp isnt a bad option, it should be noted it has quite good library functions actually. As for lightweight I have to argue that MPC-HC is lighter weight than VLC and if you really insist you could use it for audio too. :D

Sure, there are many options for "portable" and light weight players. but who in the world would have surround music? and then- virtual surround in headphones sounds bad anyway, at least imo.

Give up brother, you're talking to a rock. 

Sure, there are many options for "portable" and light weight players. but who in the world would have surround music? and then- virtual surround in headphones sounds bad anyway, at least imo.

There are special recording and mixes done for them. I think I have one BD of a Japanese band I quite like. It apparently something for those who really like music and are willing to pay far more than the average album. Besides that you also need quite a good setup to even be able to listen/play the stuff, especially if its older, nowadays thats no so much the case.

Give up brother, you're talking to a rock.

Yep since its what ive found out my self and usually ive spent a considerable amount of time on the subject. There are many good players for music but i wouldnt consider VLC one. I used to consider it as a turnkey solution for video but not for sometime since MPC-HC has only gotten easier and easier to the point where eve more advance users no longer have to poke it much.