Itunes replacement

Chap

I've been looking for a replacement for Itunes for a while now and have yet to find any solid options so i thought I would see what all you guys & girls are using.  I am interested in the audiophile geared options and my daily use cans are a pair of ath-m50's for most of the time.

So what is everyone using, and what do you like/dislike about your program of choice?

-Chap

Spotify

Its awesome

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Go for Foobar2000, there is no better music player: 

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

Google play music, you can stream music anywhere from the cloud, holds every song for free, and theres an app for iOS and Android. Also if you don't like music manager you can manually upload with the chrome extension: MusicAlpha. Music Manager will automatically sync all of your itunes songs.

EDIT:

You can also pay for there Radio thing like Itunes radio,Spotify's radio and Pandora I believe.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Go for Foobar2000, there is no better music player: 

just downloaded and compared it to itunes and can confirm theres no difference.

Thanks for the advice, Tek syndicate's guide is very helpful, so far foobar2000 seems like a great option.

just downloaded and compared it to itunes and can confirm theres no difference.

Foobar isn't as userfriendly as iTunes out of the box, no.

But when you've configured it to your liking, it's better in pretty much every way.

You can change the way it looks and the way the lay-out is set up, it plays nearly all audio-files (unlike iTunes)

Also, it's completely open source, so experts can confirm that the audio isn't altered in any way.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

Protip, changing your play WILL NOT change the quality of your music. 

soon he'll be batch tagging from the clipboard with dynamic metadata fields like a pro

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Winamp is also an option to consider.

Decent layout out of the box, I couldn't be bothered to change the one I had created on Foobar.

And it was easy to put playlists on my Clip Zip, so I 'm happy.

THE signature

Foobar isn't as userfriendly as iTunes out of the box, no.

But when you've configured it to your liking, it's better in pretty much every way.

You can change the way it looks and the way the lay-out is set up, it plays nearly all audio-files (unlike iTunes)

Also, it's completely open source, so experts can confirm that the audio isn't altered in any way.

lol, i downloaded and listened to 2 of the same songs on both itunes and this and it sounds exactly the same

lol, i downloaded and listened to 2 of the same songs on both itunes and this and it sounds exactly the same

it really shouldn't sound different, there's no difference in playback, same codec and probably same decoder for both at this point.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I like winamp.....   I've also tried Foobar 2000 but didn't like the layout options even with the teksyndicate video helping me configure it.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I'm currently using Spotify, in both Ubuntu/Linux Mint and Windows 7. It allows me to play my own music and also search for new music. When it is down for me or when it is going incredibly slow, I use Banshee when in Linux and Windows Media Player when in Windows. Though WMP is a real pain in the ass for me it gets the job done.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm currently using Spotify, in both Ubuntu/Linux Mint and Windows 7. It allows me to play my own music and also search for new music. When it is down for me or when it is going incredibly slow, I use Banshee when in Linux and Windows Media Player when in Windows. Though WMP is a real pain in the ass for me it gets the job done.

aaaahh-thats-my-nigga.jpg

lol I use Windows Media Player, as I don't bother setting up other players. I also really like the Library function of it, so it's whatever really. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Haven't switched to foobar yet, but I was in the same predicament as you, so I went through a load of media players.

I used media monkey for awhile, but it was very bloaty, but it was pretty and had a crapload of functionality out of the box.

I haven't touched my stored media in so long, I have so much music stored, but I just stream on spotify nowadays ..

#!

Protip, changing your play WILL NOT change the quality of your music. 

The track will only sound as good as the original recording and file format will allow.  I was more curious to see what alternatives to iTunes people were using and what they liked/disliked about their program of choice.

I didn't find foobar2000 hard to set up and i am liking the amount on customization it provides but its not exactly a program a would recommend to friends and family without a forewarning on the setup/config steps required.

The track will only sound as good as the original recording and file format will allow.  I was more curious to see what alternatives to iTunes people were using and what they liked/disliked about their program of choice.

I didn't find foobar2000 hard to set up and i am liking the amount on customization it provides but its not exactly a program a would recommend to friends and family without a forewarning on the setup/config steps required.

Personally I use iTunes and VLC. iTunes plays my most listened to and iPhone stuffs.

VLC takes care of everything else. 

I could never get into foobar, linux, or rooting my phone simply because I can't be arsed to do all that boring technical babble - got tired of customization by the time facebook destroyed myspace.

Using Winamp kinda shitty with meta info but really is so much better then itunes. I wish there was something that made the album work like in itunes, also miss organizing by artists and seeing tops song :(

Personally I use iTunes and VLC. iTunes plays my most listened to and iPhone stuffs.

VLC takes care of everything else.

dont use VLC and especially dont use it for music as its a video player and MPC-HC is better at that.