Graphic Card for long term

Dr. Abhi

I want to build a pc for gaming. Is ryzen 3500 + rtx 2060 by zotack twin blade is enough to play games for atleast 5 years in high settings or an unlocked i5 9th gen + rtx 2060 is required?!

You should change every 2-3 years, 5 is a long time and you will sacrifice experience if you buy any games after 2-3 years.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

gernally no but it also depends on your target fps and resolution.

want to play 1080p with atleast 60fps. Not a hardcore player. But need a decent or better experience while gaming. As I am playing most of my games in low or medium setting with low resolution.

2 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

You should change every 2-3 years, 5 is a long time and you will sacrifice experience if you buy any games after 2-3 years.

need change graphic card or whole setup?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Abhi said:

I would recommend GPU every 2-3 years if you buy midrange cards, just to keep the same experience for new games.

I only play older games and rarely buy new so I change far less often, my RX580 will be my card for 2 more years I think.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

3 minutes ago, Dr. Abhi said:

graphics card will be the bottleneck in both cases if you want to continue to play tripple A games on high settings. Just buy a rx2060 now and upgrade it in ~3 years down the road rather than going all out now and with a rtx 2080ti.

1 hour ago, Dr. Abhi said:

I want to build a pc for gaming. Is ryzen 3500 + rtx 2060 by zotack twin blade is enough to play games for atleast 5 years in high settings or an unlocked i5 9th gen + rtx 2060 is required?!

haha no...not even close. GPU is weak ...won't even play some of the current games on high settings 60FPS.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I wouldn't trust anything out of the Turing gen to last five years and still be decent. Not one year before a new console gen with a new baseline games are going to be programmed towards. And not when Turing is mostly just a big price bump. God I wish there was something like what the GTX 970 was in 2014 in this gen. My lack of faith in this gen's lasting power makes me lean towards going cheap with a 1660 Super and then going bigger when something decent actually comes out, as I'm (sadly) in the market for a gpu now too.

42 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I wouldn't trust anything out of the Turing gen to last five years and still be decent. Not one year before a new console gen with a new baseline games are going to be programmed towards. And not when Turing is mostly just a big price bump. God I wish there was something like what the GTX 970 was in 2014 in this gen. My lack of faith in this gen's lasting power makes me lean towards going cheap with a 1660 Super and then going bigger when something decent actually comes out, as I'm (sadly) in the market for a gpu now too.

i would agree...turing is 1st gen of a new technology...next gen cards we might see the amount of tensor cores and RT cores ramp up significantly...very likely even an order of magnitude improvements.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR