New to CPU Please Help

@scuff gang I didnt buy anything for this pc, i was gifted the entire set up and it happened to have two gpus and the sli bridge. Only thing ive purchased is the scythe, so far atleast

22 minutes ago, ThatNewGuy01211 said:

@scuff gang I didnt buy anything for this pc, i was gifted the entire set up and it happened to have two gpus and the sli bridge. Only thing ive purchased is the scythe, so far atleast

Yeah, but what I'm wondering in these situations, are you running SLI also in games that don't support it?  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

not really a big deal, anything 80 or lower is a perfectly fine temp. 

With an AIO? Honest question I thought they'd run a lot cooler 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

With an AIO? Honest question I thought they'd run a lot cooler 

generally a large AIO would keep it cooler but if something like MCE is on then the temps aren't unreasonable, and even if the temps are higher than expected, they're still within safe boundaries. I'd only be concerned if the temps started getting into the 90s. But as we found out, the peak temp came to 87 so something seems off for sure.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

27 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah, but what I'm wondering in these situations, are you running SLI also in games that don't support it?  

So on this note, I believe that the SLI had been disabled in Nvidia settings. I had noticed the dedicate to physX box had been checked, and i had noticed this after I ran into the original incident that i had first mentioned. Since I have unchecked it and checked the maximize 3d performance and SLI has enabled. Only two games i really play on here are Apex and Battlefield 5 although I havent touched battlefield since because its such a demanding game and the last time i played i had around 50-60 fps and has alot of lag. All I really know at this point is that i only have chrome with this one tab open and coretemp and these are my temps. And I keep hearing that that is not good. Max values are from a cinebench 

image.png

Edited by ThatNewGuy01211

I downloaded Corsair Link and put my H100 settings to extreme and didn't notice much change, left it at extreme and ran cinebench and experienced a worse score than the day i had cleaned it and reapplied thermal paste. Which was two days ago

24 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

generally a large AIO would keep it cooler but if something like MCE is on then the temps aren't unreasonable, and even if the temps are higher than expected, they're still within safe boundaries. I'd only be concerned if the temps started getting into the 90s. But as we found out, the peak temp came to 87 so something seems off for sure.

Yea Im being told the same but have no idea what is or how to find the issue. I also don't know what an MCE is, just anxiously waiting for this air cooler and hoping it helps. But also kind of doubting that it may be the fix I need 

10 minutes ago, ThatNewGuy01211 said:

Yea Im being told the same but have no idea what is or how to find the issue. I also don't know what an MCE is, just anxiously waiting for this air cooler and hoping it helps. But also kind of doubting that it may be the fix I need 

I'm also not sure what MCE means but Wikipedia has the following to say 

Poor CPU cooling due to a CPU heatsink and fan that's clogged with dust or come loose.

Overclocking beyond the highest clock rate at which the CPU is still reliable.

Failing motherboard.

Failing processor.

Failing memory.

Failing i/o controllers, on either the motherboard or separate cards.

Failing i/o devices.

Inadequate or failing power supply.

Poor case cooling due to inadequate or clogged case fans or filters.

So I think what @Fasauceome probably means is that your AIO is possibly failing or similar. 

Which was also my first thought that you should at least check thermal paste,  the AIO, etc 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, ThatNewGuy01211 said:

I also don't know what an MCE is

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I'm also not sure what MCE means

Multicore enhancement is a feature that boosts CPU speed and in turn produces more heat. Since it's less precise than a manual overclock it might sometimes go overkill on the voltage and overwhelm some coolers. Although if you didn't turn it on yourself in the BIOS, it's probably not on.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Multicore enhancement is a feature that boosts CPU speed and in turn produces more heat. Since it's less precise than a manual overclock it might sometimes go overkill on the voltage and overwhelm some coolers. Although if you didn't turn it on yourself in the BIOS, it's probably not on.

Oh ok,  thanks! 

Well I still think it's something with the AIO,  the CPU or similar,  even if it's not a "machine check exception"  (which honestly didn't make much sense to me either because OP didn't say anything about errors lol)

@ThatNewGuy01211  just for clarification,  do you have actually serious issues while gaming,  any error messages,  crashes, etc? 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

@Mark KaineI haven't experienced anything serious, yet atleast. But would love to nip it before it gets to anything too crazy. And i would imagine things are going to progressively get worse. I also don't know if it was ever overclocked or not at any point before it was given to me. 

Update: I have received and installed the Scythe Fuma 2, thank you for the recommendation @Streetguru. Attached are New Idle temp and max temp after a Cinebench. Pump must've been shot. My after bench temps are what my idles used to be. After installation I found out I lost one of my front intake fans because I don't have a spot to plug it into. But doesn't seem to matter too much given the pics. I also noticed my motherboard has a CPU Mode Switch that has the options for Default and OC Mode, was going to change it until I read that it comes standard with the switch set to OC mode. So all seems to be well again. I thank everyone who posted for their help @scuff gang @Fasauceome @Streetguru @Mark Kaine Thank you guys. My next and only other issue is, @scuff gang I think im going to leave the SLI bridge in because I feel like it may help things when i go back to play Battlefield 5. If it's not please explain as I don't imagine just one card atleast from this era being too well off trying to mid/high setting 1440p. Also forgot to mention that i have reset my resolution back to 1440 and will try gaming on atleast low settings (especially BF5) and see how things go.

Idle 1.PNG

Cine1.PNG

Also may try to fiddle with overclocking? But I'm novice and borderline inept to it and don't want to get too ahead of myself lol 

9 minutes ago, ThatNewGuy01211 said:

Also may try to fiddle with overclocking? But I'm novice and borderline inept to it and don't want to get too ahead of myself lol 

Linus has an old guide, but the VRM heatsink looks pretty small on that board, you should probably just put a fan on it somehow and give it some direct airflow.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

51 minutes ago, ThatNewGuy01211 said:

p must've been shot. My after bench temps are what my idles used to be. After installation I found out I lost one of my

52 minutes ago, ThatNewGuy01211 said:

Update: I have received and installed the Scythe Fuma 2, thank you for the recommendation @Streetguru. Attached are New Idle temp and max temp after a Cinebench. Pump must've been shot. My after bench temps are what my idles used to be. After installation I found out I lost one of my front intake fans because I don't have a spot to plug it into. But doesn't seem to matter too much given the pics. I also noticed my motherboard has a CPU Mode Switch that has the options for Default and OC Mode, was going to change it until I read that it comes standard with the switch set to OC mode. So all seems to be well again. I thank everyone who posted for their help @scuff gang @Fasauceome @Streetguru @Mark Kaine Thank you guys. My next and only other issue is, @scuff gang I think im going to leave the SLI bridge in because I feel like it may help things when i go back to play Battlefield 5. If it's not please explain as I don't imagine just one card atleast from this era being too well off trying to mid/high setting 1440p. Also forgot to mention that i have reset my resolution back to 1440 and will try gaming on atleast low settings (especially BF5) and see how things go.

Idle 1.PNG

Cine1.PNG

if you have sli working on battlefield 5 than dont take it out, its not bad if you already have it, alot of people just drop money on it un-informed or trying to be flashy. thats why i said  "no why the sli" ?. good luck to you

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6