My computer can run everything but minecraft!!!

Alrighty. So about 2 days ago I logged onto minecraft and every time I turned / moved my perspective my game lagged out. Whenever I moved my mouse I would get major lag spikes. I made a cry for help on the minecraft fourms but it got me nowhere. Before 2 days ago, my game was silky smooth, almost no lag ever. I tried reapplying thermal paste like 2 times and I even put back on the stock cooler for my Ryzen 5 2600X. Nothing helped. I went onto Rainbow Six Siege and I was able to play the game on High Settings with 70-80 FPS. I then went onto Cuphead and got 60FPS, no drop at all. My PC isn't overheating (I believe) I think this is a software issue but i'm not sure at all. I even allocated 6GB of Ram to my minecraft game. Nothing is working, super confused. If you want to see my original forum post, here it is: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/java-edition-support/2995540-minecraft-randomly-became-laggy 

Edit 1:

Windows 10 64bit

650W  80+Gold Power Supply

Ryzen 5 2600X

Corsair 16GB Ram

MSI RX580 Armor OC

Samsung SSD 250GB

Hard Drive 500GB

Edit 2:

I have the Optifine mod already installed

Edit 3:

Very odd, I went into spectator mode on my server. I clicked into my friend's characters and whenever I "watched" them play, it was silky smooth!!! Whenever I turn my character it lags the game, but when the character turns in spectator, it doesnt lag! Additionally, like right after I made this post, my game was running smoothly and then like 20 minutes later, the game continued to have the same problem. Super odd, very confused 

try to turn on afterburner and riva and monitor the CPU/GPU usage. there might be something like a CPU problem due to chunk loading or items that are on the floor that doesn't despawn. Another possible reason would be a mod installed that actually strikes the CPU/GPU hard like the ray tracing mod. 

mine craft is the easiest and the hardest game to run depending on the mod installed.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Have you tried going to appdata/roaming and deleting .minecraft, then reinstalling?

Did you update Java by chance? If not, give that a try. If you did, try going back to an older version. (I'd suggest using Java 8 )

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

14 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Have you tried going to appdata/roaming and deleting .minecraft, then reinstalling?

Did you update Java by chance? If not, give that a try. If you did, try going back to an older version. (I'd suggest using Java 8 )

I've already tried deleting the .minecraft folder. Didn't work. I re-copied it though because i didn't want to lose all of my stuff. Just installed the latest version of Java and restarted my PC, nothing changed with my minecraft situation. If possible, can you link where to download an older version of Java?

I'm guessing its an issue with a corrupted file when u downloaded it. That or try to play with the settings in video to see if its fixed by lowering render distance.

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

Sounds like something on the server side changed and the chunk render distance greatly increased and changed. Does this happen on single player mode?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Sounds like something on the server side changed and the chunk render distance greatly increased and changed. Does this happen on single player mode?

Yeah, this is definitely a client-side thing

23 minutes ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

I'm guessing its an issue with a corrupted file when u downloaded it. That or try to play with the settings in video to see if its fixed by lowering render distance.

I've tried lowering my render distance and stuff, nothing helps

1 hour ago, Martin2132 said:

try to turn on afterburner and riva and monitor the CPU/GPU usage. there might be something like a CPU problem due to chunk loading or items that are on the floor that doesn't despawn. Another possible reason would be a mod installed that actually strikes the CPU/GPU hard like the ray tracing mod. 

mine craft is the easiest and the hardest game to run depending on the mod installed.

So I installed afterburner and riva. I don't know how to use them though... is there by any chance you could send a video tutorial or something?

im not sure. try to find the setting button and find monitoring. in thre there will be an option on what to put in the OSD. there are tons of videos online pertaining on how to set it up

That is the first video in youtube.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

13 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

im not sure. try to find the setting button and find monitoring. in thre there will be an option on what to put in the OSD. there are tons of videos online pertaining on how to set it up

That is the first video in youtube.

Okay so I got it to work. My Graphics card & CPU are both at 58 degrees celcius. I dont think it has to do with overheating. my GPU memory clock is stuck at 2000 Mhz, never changing. Does this mean anything? Here's a picture of what it looks like (it's at the left of the screen)

4564545hg.PNG

15 hours ago, Ripalodeon said:

Okay so I got it to work. My Graphics card & CPU are both at 58 degrees celcius. I dont think it has to do with overheating. my GPU memory clock is stuck at 2000 Mhz, never changing. Does this mean anything? Here's a picture of what it looks like (it's at the left of the screen)

4564545hg.PNG

so its not the CPU/GPU usage. hmm. does the ram usage go passed 16 gb? that could also be a cause.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

4564545hg.PNG

so its not the CPU/GPU usage. hmm. does the ram usage go passed 16 gb? that could also be a cause.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

27 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

I only have 16GB of ram in my PC

I only have 16GB of ram in my PC

ye i mean how much ram does the game use? if it nears 16gb , it might be the cause. try to close Chrome in the backgound if its open. it might be one of the cause

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

33 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

ye i mean how much ram does the game use? if it nears 16gb , it might be the cause. try to close Chrome in the backgound if its open. it might be one of the cause

It uses, according to task manager around 3.2gb of ram, I allocated 6gb of ram for it though

It uses, according to task manager around 3.2gb of ram, I allocated 6gb of ram for it though

have you tried reinstalling the game or updating to the latest version of java?

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

1 minute ago, Martin2132 said:

have you tried reinstalling the game or updating to the latest version of java?

Yeah I installed the latst version of Java. I've tried deleting the .minecraft folder and it didn't help either.

Yeah I installed the latst version of Java. I've tried deleting the .minecraft folder and it didn't help either.

have you tried reducing the resolution of the game?

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

1 minute ago, Martin2132 said:

have you tried reducing the resolution of the game?

I mean I'd prefer not to reduce it's resolution, my PC is fully capable of running MC and has only started lagging very recently. I don't think reducing it's resolution will help solve it.

try locking the FPS that might help with the stuttering. lock it at near the lowest playable frame rate you get.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

5 hours ago, Ripalodeon said:

I mean I'd prefer not to reduce it's resolution, my PC is fully capable of running MC and has only started lagging very recently. I don't think reducing it's resolution will help solve it.

Was there any software update recently on this PC, minecraft,  drivers,  Windows,  anything? 

Because usually these things don't happen just like that they usually happen after updates,  unless hardware related. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Martin2132 said:

Unfortunately windows is an unoptimized pos that doesn't care how much ram you have,  it'll simply use your disc and declare that as ram if it needs to be. 

Source: my PC regularly uses way above 16GB "RAM" and I only have 16 installed lol.

It also loves to put unused memory in standby for no reason whatsoever causing stutters in games because it randomly decides to use this "standby ram" which causes issues.  Windows really isn't optimized for gaming at all, it's all just workarounds,  overheads and "just throw more power at it" kinda solutions. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 hours ago, Ripalodeon said:

I've already tried deleting the .minecraft folder. Didn't work. I re-copied it though because i didn't want to lose all of my stuff. Just installed the latest version of Java and restarted my PC, nothing changed with my minecraft situation. If possible, can you link where to download an older version of Java?

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

Make sure you get Java SE Runtime Environment. The versions are ordered from newest (top) to oldest (bottom) on that page.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W