My computer can run everything but minecraft!!!

19 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Unfortunately windows is an unoptimized pos that doesn't care how much ram you have,  it'll simply use your disc and declare that as ram if it needs to be. 

Source: my PC regularly uses way above 16GB "RAM" and I only have 16 installed lol.

It also loves to put unused memory in standby for no reason whatsoever causing stutters in games because it randomly decides to use this "standby ram" which causes issues.  Windows really isn't optimized for gaming at all, it's all just workarounds,  overheads and "just throw more power at it" kinda solutions. 

You can always go to System Properties -> Advanced -> Settings (under Performance) -> Advanced -> Change (under Virtual memory), uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives", then manually set all the drives to no paging file. Restart Windows and it'll only use your system RAM from now on, no more using your HDD or SSD.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

41 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

You can always go to System Properties -> Advanced -> Settings (under Performance) -> Advanced -> Change (under Virtual memory), uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives", then manually set all the drives to no paging file. Restart Windows and it'll only use your system RAM from now on, no more using your HDD or SSD.

Thought about that, but I'm unsure about any possible downsides to this procedure? 

Are there any? 

Btw I installed ISLC yesterday and it seems to have solved the issues I was experiencing perfectly fine (even though that might not be directly related to the page file system, not sure) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Thought about that, but I'm unsure about any possible downsides to this procedure? 

Are there any? 

Btw I installed ISLC yesterday and it seems to have solved the issues I was experiencing perfectly fine (even though that might not be directly related to the page file system, not sure) 

The page file is generally used as a sort of overflow for your RAM, that way if you fill up all your RAM, there's still a place for your system to store data, although it will be significantly slower than your system's actual RAM.

It's also used for storing the data of applications that Windows thinks you aren't currently using, like that English paper you've had sitting open in Word that you haven't touched for the past 6 hours. That's why sometimes applications take a couple seconds to come back up if they've been sitting for a while; because they were moved to the page file instead of sitting in RAM. 

Disabling the page file does have the risk of applications crashing if you run out of RAM instead of overflowing into the page file, so I'd recommend keeping a page file of at least 4GB available on one of your drives. SSDs will be much faster than HDDs for this, however it'll also mean quite a bit more writing for the SSD, and some extra space being eaten up. 

I personally keep an 8GB page file on one of my smaller less important SSDs, just in case I manage to use all 32GB of RAM I currently have installed.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W