How old is my pc?

2011PCGuy

I've been recently thinking about upgrading and like to see if my specs now are good for modern AAA games. They are obviously here you just can't see them because your monitors suck. :)

Assuming the parts list on your profile is the one you mean, no it's terrible. Get an i7 2600K or 3770k, overclock like crazy, throw a GTX 1070 in there, and you're much better off.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, 2011PCGuy said:

I built this a few years back.

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses, or use @2011PCGuy

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

That's logical, if i were to completely make a new one should i get a ryzen 3 2200g?

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses, or use @2011PCGuy

fair. this is my first time on this website.

1 minute ago, 2011PCGuy said:

That's logical, if i were to completely make a new one should i get a ryzen 3 2200g?

A Ryzen 3 is a good start, of course going from 4 cores to 4 newer cores isn't amazing for a performance uplift. The ryzen 5 2600 is not that expensive, what kind of budget would you have for an upgrade?

Primary PC:

Just now, Caroline said:

With the stock cooler OP probably has? You can't overclock by 200MHz before hitting the thermal wall with that thing.

What about the board?

Cheap tower coolers off eBay are viable

Primary PC:

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

With the stock cooler OP probably has? You can't overclock by 200MHz before hitting the thermal wall with that thing.

What about the board?

My board?

Cheap tower coolers off eBay are viable

I don't 100 percent always trust ebay, as i've gotten faulty hardware from it.

A Ryzen 3 is a good start, of course going from 4 cores to 4 newer cores isn't amazing for a performance uplift. The ryzen 5 2600 is not that expensive, what kind of budget would you have for an upgrade?

I'm not sure, I've just been thinking. I could also get a new cpu cooler. I'd say around 700-800 dollars for my budget.

I'll respond later. This is completely out of context so you know. 

Maybe.

Last week I installed a $15 cooler on top of a 4770K and it amazed me to see how temps dropped by 20C vs stock.

Yes.

gigabyte z68xp-ud3

1785451548_runningbelowbase.PNG.1502eb2a20e95fc8c1ff9081fda937f4.PNG

2 hours ago, SleepingGiant said:

Tell us your buget and @Fasauceomewill help you find a good match for your budget

$700-800 usd

@SleepingGiant its running below base and it shows 3.30 ghz on the thing, i'm not as experienced with overclocking may this cpu be overclocked?

6 minutes ago, 2011PCGuy said:

I'm not sure, I've just been thinking. I could also get a new cpu cooler. I'd say around 700-800 dollars for my budget.

For that kind of budget you can fit some pretty decent hardware

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $117.58 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.98 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card $324.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $592.54
  Mail-in rebates -$15.00
  Total $577.54
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-04 20:28 EST-0500  

I left a lot of room for your needs, are you targeting high refresh rate Gaming? If so, get the ryzen 5 3600. Need some 1440p capable hardware? You can get a power supply upgrade (if you don't already have a decent one) and a 5700 XT

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

For that kind of budget you can fit some pretty decent hardware

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $117.58 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.98 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card $324.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $592.54
  Mail-in rebates -$15.00
  Total $577.54
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-04 20:28 EST-0500  

I left a lot of room for your needs, are you targeting high refresh rate Gaming? If so, get the ryzen 5 3600. Need some 1440p capable hardware? You can get a power supply upgrade (if you don't already have a decent one) and a 5700 XT

How much is a rtx 2080 or 2080 ti since i'll have some extra cash on the side

3 minutes ago, 2011PCGuy said:

@SleepingGiant its running below base and it shows 3.30 ghz on the thing, i'm not as experienced with overclocking may this cpu be overclocked?

It's underclock. Could you check the bios to see your multiplier for your cpu

1 minute ago, SleepingGiant said:

yeah

5 minutes ago, 2011PCGuy said:

A 2080 basically your whole budget. Given that the CPU is not gonna stack up in modern titles, blowing the whole budget on a graphics card is not a good strategy.

Primary PC:

9 minutes ago, 2011PCGuy said:

You could, but we don't recommend buying a $1200 gpu

its was at 33x100 now i put it on 36x100 it said max was 59x100

You could, but we don't recommend buying a $1200 gpu

Yeah logical, the 2060 is good still

$400 for the card itself, $400 more for "ray tracing x"

300 dollars for the nvidia name then 100 dollar shipping

A 2080 basically your whole budget. Given that the CPU is not gonna stack up in modern titles, blowing the whole budget on a graphics card is not a good strategy.

how is the i7-8700k and is the i9-9900ks my whole budget almost basically

2 hours ago, imreloadin said:

How old is your PC?

Gonna say it's from around 2011...

Just thought of a random name i'm really not sure.

34 minutes ago, 2011PCGuy said:

I've been recently thinking about upgrading and like to see if my specs now are good for modern AAA games.

"2011PC Guy"...

You have a Sandy Bridge system. Upgrade to a DDR4 system (eg a Ryzen system), or just sit and wait a while more for DDR5. That's the only problem when upgrading from a DDR3 system, is you have to replace the CPU, RAM a Motherboard as a single unit, and thus a $800 budget might require you to compromise on one of those options.

For reference. RAM typically has to be purchased from the same production line to ensure the best compatibility and reliability. So if you can't afford the amount of RAM you want right now, make sure that you are comfortable throwing out what you buy now.

Just now, 2011PCGuy said:

Just thought of a random name i'm really not sure.

The i5-2500K was released in January of 2011 lol.