Experiences Cooler Master SK630

Coming from a Corsair Strafe RGB mk1, I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a Cooler Master sk630, because I like the idea of low profile switches, the design as well as the tenkeyless layout.

Since every new tech got it's weaknesses I'm wondering what are your long term experiences with it or at least with cherry mx low profile switches.

Also it would be nice if you can tell me if the Cooler Master Software is at least usable, since iCUE is quite good and I think I might gonna miss it.

7 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

since iCUE is quite good and I think I might gonna miss it.

Wow, iCUE is hot garbage.  I still use it because tK70 LUX, but really?  It's buggy as hell and a giant resource hog.  Cooler Masters software isn't any worse.  So take that for what it's worth.  

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

1 minute ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Wow, iCUE is hot garbage.  I still use it because tK70 LUX, but really?  It's buggy as hell and a giant resource hog.  Cooler Masters software isn't any worse.  So take that for what it's worth.  

Ok that's interesting since I didn't have any problems so far with iCUE and I'm not using it just for the keyboard (AIO, Fans) The only thing I have to concern is that they updated it long time ago and my profiles were gone but since then the software improved so much I wasn't even mad. Thanks for the quick response! ?

Cherry has a long history of making the worst low profile mechanical switches on the market. The new low profile switches just continue that trend. Add to that the flat keycaps with no room between them, and you end up with a terrible keyboard that just looks nice.

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

Cherry has a long history of making the worst low profile mechanical switches on the market. The new low profile switches just continue that trend. Add to that the flat keycaps with no room between them, and you end up with a terrible keyboard that just looks nice.

ok so which keyboard would you recommend me, that has a wireless option (for on the go use), tenkeyless, comes with German layout (QWERTZ) and maybe even got rgb?

I found some Logitech ones I like (like G Pro which isn't wireless?) but other than that I cant think of any other keyboard that caught my interest.

edit: if not wireless, at least with detachable not proprietary cable to switch between pcs more easily

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Coming from a Corsair Strafe RGB mk1, I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a Cooler Master sk630, because I like the idea of low profile switches, the design as well as the tenkeyless layout.

Since every new tech got it's weaknesses I'm wondering what are your long term experiences with it or at least with cherry mx low profile switches.

Also it would be nice if you can tell me if the Cooler Master Software is at least usable, since iCUE is quite good and I think I might gonna miss it.

I recently bought the sk630. i love low profile keys and 10 keyless is a bonus for me, havent used any cherry mx prior to this keyboard, software is great.

1 minute ago, DylanG21 said:

I recently bought the sk630. i love low profile keys and 10 keyless is a bonus for me, havent used any cherry mx prior to this keyboard, software is great.

Thank you for your response ?

4 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

ok so which keyboard would you recommend me, that has a wireless option (for on the go use), tenkeyless, comes with German layout (QWERTZ) and maybe even got rgb?

I found some Logitech ones I like (like G Pro which isn't wireless?) but other than that I cant think of any other keyboard that caught my interest.

edit: if not wireless, at least with detachable not proprietary cable to switch between pcs more easily

What's your budget? Do you really want TKL specifically? Or are other layouts like 60%, 65%, 75% and 96 key also fine?

The layout is determined in software. A keyboard can have a Y printed where you want a Z, but as long as you select the keyboard language in Windows, it will be fine. Just ignore the legends. 

:)

19 minutes ago, seon123 said:

What's your budget? Do you really want TKL specifically? Or are other layouts like 60%, 65%, 75% and 96 key also fine?

The layout is determined in software. A keyboard can have a Y printed where you want a Z, but as long as you select the keyboard language in Windows, it will be fine. Just ignore the legends. 

i dont like those keyboards where the arrow keys are cramped in on the side like on laptops those are called 60% as i know so as long as those have a dedicated space im ok with it 

and yeah i know that its just the print but i find it very confusing because with german layout you got the öäü keys and because of that all special characters are somewhere else.

i now have a custom keycap set for like a year or so and i cant really enjoy it because of that 

budget: 150-170 but if its more expensive send it maybe im considering it