Wozniak says Apple should make an Android phone

Tim Cook would rather give up rounded corners and pinch to zoom than make an Android phone!  Apple's philosophy from the start has been for complete walled garden and integration.  Running Android would break that.  

Having said that, if they ever did, they'd probably find a way to patent stuff and sue every other company making Android based phones.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Please elaborate.

What's there to elaborate? I would like stock android running on the hardware of an iphone 5s, perfectly, with all hw and software functioning as intended. Throw in airplay too, and mind blown.

Reason why: aside from HTC, i haven't seen anyone make any phone at all that can compare to a recent iphone in build. And i'm a firm believer in smaller high end phones. Also, audio out at the bottom of the phone. 

I could just imagine how confused people would be when they try to get an app that their friends use only to find its not available on their phone even though its an Apple just like their friends'. This especially could confuse people if the android version looked the same as the usual iPhone.

I get why Woz has this idea, but at the end of the day its not like Apple is having any trouble selling their phones as is, they just came of their biggest quarter of iPhone sales ever after all.

I mean sure spend years building up your store ecosystem so you can give it away to google by opening the doors with an Android apple phone. Seriously Woz there is only one pic that fits this statement and you all know which one it is:
wat_png__by_katysz__by_katysz-d6j542d.pn

-------

Current Rig

-------

All Hail Woz

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

it would bee cool to have an android iphone, but apple products they have built so far would not be great for android. I would need a 4.7-5inch display 1080p ips, much faster processor, i doubt it will happen

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

What's there to elaborate? I would like stock android running on the hardware of an iphone 5s, perfectly, with all hw and software functioning as intended. Throw in airplay too, and mind blown.

Reason why: aside from HTC, i haven't seen anyone make any phone at all that can compare to a recent iphone in build. And i'm a firm believer in smaller high end phones. Also, audio out at the bottom of the phone.

Ummm... You just elaborated. I knew you could.

Thanks.

This doesn't make any sense to me, if apple did that then we'd just have an android phone with no USB.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

sorry i am new

u can edit your posts and add stuff instead of posting more.

Op this would hilarious and very surprising he would say something like this.

Apple would be to scared of their customers hurting themselves if they let them have choices and the ventured into the scary world of android. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

People don't understand that Woz is not associated with apple anymore, so his opinion is equal to ours in terms of value. Apple will not do this because that's how they are, but also the fact that it makes no business sense to do this. People have raised the argument that the rest of the ecosystem that Apple has made will become obsolete, they will not allow that to happen. Jobs despised Google's android before his death and his close relationship with Cook probably wont allow Apple to do something that Jobs would never approve of. Apple enjoys walled gardens and if they adopted android, they will lock it down just as much as iOS, so what difference will it make? They would likely have to modify android resemble themselves. Apple is not known for taking software but for taking ideas. If they see something they need then they will copy it, they will never base their OS from android. Don't even consider it.

Comb it with a brick

the perfect smart phone would have a hybrid os of  ios and android with the build quality of Apple and innovation of Samsung

the perfect smart phone would have a hybrid os of  ios and android with the build quality of Apple and innovation of Samsung

Samsung, Innovation, Really?

Comb it with a brick

it would be a disaster.nokia would have to shitch to android and samsung will bring another os to the market. microsoft would buy htc and sell nokia .google will drop the nexus line and focus on motorola.sony and lg will adopt the new samsung os and ios together with windows mobile will be history. they will all colapse and nokia will rise from the ashes.

but seriosly who cares

They should have it dual boot to Android! Best of both worlds.

Definitely. I like my iPhone. I like how it looks and I like the size (don't you think about it). But maaaan does that OS stink. So I have a debit card attached to my account, and I haven't added money to it for like 2 months, because I'm using a different card. So the card attached to the account has been put on hold. And just because I don't have an active card, I CAN'T DOWNLOAD FREE APPS. I CAN'T EVEN UPDATE EXISTING ONES. That thing drives me crazy. And I like how Android works..... and the OS as a whole. So yeah, a Dual Boot would be awesome, although I wouldn't use the iOS.

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Rubbish idea wozzy.

Pro idea:

Push more / develop killer subscription services to supplement reduced retail price of iPhone

Definitely. I like my iPhone. I like how it looks and I like the size (don't you think about it). But maaaan does that OS stink. So I have a debit card attached to my account, and I haven't added money to it for like 2 months, because I'm using a different card. So the card attached to the account has been put on hold. And just because I don't have an active card, I CAN'T DOWNLOAD FREE APPS. I CAN'T EVEN UPDATE EXISTING ONES. That thing drives me crazy. And I like how Android works..... and the OS as a whole. So yeah, a Dual Boot would be awesome, although I wouldn't use the iOS.

That sounds as if you owe Apple money, when you owe them money thats what happens. I've had an inactive card on my account and had no issues updating apps and getting free ones. Apple allows you to create an account without a card attached to it even so you can get free apps.

That sounds as if you owe Apple money, when you owe them money thats what happens. I've had an inactive card on my account and had no issues updating apps and getting free ones. Apple allows you to create an account without a card attached to it even so you can get free apps.

How the F*ck am I owing money. I can't purchase stuff  unless I had money in the card. Right ?

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

How the F*ck am I owing money. I can't purchase stuff  unless I had money in the card. Right ?

Actually Apple doesnt typically charge cards right away. They tend to wait a bit in hopes that you will purchase more. Every transaction costs them money, so charging right away on every say 99 cent app would be stupid on their part. So it is possible to buy a few Apps when your card has no money on it.

Actually Apple doesnt typically charge cards right away. They tend to wait a bit in hopes that you will purchase more. Every transaction costs them money, so charging right away on every say 99 cent app would be stupid on their part. So it is possible to buy a few Apps when your card has no money on it.

Ohhhhh. Ok. That explains. I bet there is no such BS with Android :D

This isn't happening....although a dual boot would be nice...

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Lol Woz is trolling

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

People don't understand that Woz is not associated with apple anymore, so his opinion is equal to ours in terms of value. Apple will not do this because that's how they are, but also the fact that it makes no business sense to do this. People have raised the argument that the rest of the ecosystem that Apple has made will become obsolete, they will not allow that to happen. Jobs despised Google's android before his death and his close relationship with Cook probably wont allow Apple to do something that Jobs would never approve of. Apple enjoys walled gardens and if they adopted android, they will lock it down just as much as iOS, so what difference will it make? They would likely have to modify android resemble themselves. Apple is not known for taking software but for taking ideas. If they see something they need then they will copy it, they will never base their OS from android. Don't even consider it.

Good point

apple.com