Cpu weight

Go to solution Solved by goto10,

if you sell it alone, it should weight less than a pound, 500 grams, the cpu itself doesn't weight 100 grams, but most delivery services will charge you for such low weight the same as one pound, or 500 grams

if it comes with the heatsink, that heatsink weights like 200 gram, still under the pound/500 grams

if your delivery service charges you for the weight and you sold it without the heatsink, 150 grams is a valid number including the packaging

if you sold it with the heatsink, a safe number would be 600 grams, including packaging, if your package goes over that number, most companies will charge you for the entire pound, so you end paying 2 pounds, or 1000 grams, all depends on how they charge and what rules they have

I have recently upgraded from a ryzen 3 2200g to a ryzen 5 2600x. Due to this I'm trying to sell my ryzen 3 processor however I don't know how much it weighs, thus the costs of posting it in France, if anyone could inform me on this topic it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks already, Louis. 

According to amazon, in its packaging (with a cooler) it weighs 500 grams. But if you have the CPU available, can't you just place it on a kitchen scale? Including its packaging.

If you're gonna ship it, be sure to properly protect the pins at the bottom of the CPU

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just ballpark it, say 200 grams. The cooler's probably 300+ grams and the cardboard's a few grams as well.

Or just go to some mall where you can buy produce and put it on the scale as if it's an orange or something and you got your measurement.

if you sell it alone, it should weight less than a pound, 500 grams, the cpu itself doesn't weight 100 grams, but most delivery services will charge you for such low weight the same as one pound, or 500 grams

if it comes with the heatsink, that heatsink weights like 200 gram, still under the pound/500 grams

if your delivery service charges you for the weight and you sold it without the heatsink, 150 grams is a valid number including the packaging

if you sold it with the heatsink, a safe number would be 600 grams, including packaging, if your package goes over that number, most companies will charge you for the entire pound, so you end paying 2 pounds, or 1000 grams, all depends on how they charge and what rules they have

1 hour ago, goto10 said:

I'm going to send it in the plastic case it comes in +the small cardboard box that higher end ryzen cpus come in, in a padded envelope, that should come right under 100 grams right? 

150 to be sure, but remember, the cost could be based as i mentioned, under 500 grams, perhaps you pay the 500 grams, so don't worry that much about that exact number

150 to be sure

It is weird, that someone would buy a 2200g from another country. Did You list it for free?  

2nd hand 2200g with 2 years warranty typically goes around 50€, so the shipping cost is proportionally quite high, compared to product value. 

I used to weigh bike parts on department stores, where You can weigh veggies and fruits on scales before buying. But whenever i sell something, I'm just giving a nr greatly exceeding real value.  Sent afew 200-300 gram package with stated 3kg weight. As the courier company charges the same amount for 3000 grams and anything below that. 

Id just use the largest weight which still falls into the smallest category. Sjould not be more than ~666 grams though, not even with extra wrapping and cooler.. 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )