Do people still play LoL

PurplDrank
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
2 hours ago, Soag said:

DotA's harder, LoL is more casual - that would be the most overall statement.

Must be why I enjoy LoL and barely even played DOTA. I play most games casually.

I know alot of people still play Dota 2 but do people still play League of Legends? Is it still most played online PC game?

58 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

I know alot of people still play Dota 2 but do people still play League of Legends? Is it still most played online PC game?

I've been playing daily since this summer. Completely ignored LoL before then. Totally regret waiting so long. I always thought it was for kids. Boy was I wrong. One of the most addicting games I've ever played. It's variety is off the charts.

9 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Completely ignored LoL before then. Totally regret waiting so long.

If you were there before Fortnite wiped the kids out of it or even before change which introduced role assignment on SR you wouldn't be that thrilled :D.

And, unfortunately, that variety is slowly being killed by RIOT who pushes the meta into the game making unusual stuff unplayable.

Apart from Garen-Yuumi bot, I suppose :D. If you like variety then DOTA has plenty more. And it's said by that strange type of person who prefers DotA but plays LoL not having a team in the former...

But yeah, game's still pretty popular.

lots of people play it, sadly

needs to die

or some game needs to replace it for me

I've been wanting to quit this shit game since s7

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Tegos, they will keep it relevant at all cost.

Sheer amount of revenue the company gains from pro scene is out of this world.

And with no interest in the game, there will be no interest in the pro matches...

5 hours ago, Soag said:

who pushes the meta into the game making unusual stuff unplayable

Meta? Unusual stuff unplayable? What are you talking about exactly? What's a meta? What unusual stuff unplayable?

5 hours ago, Soag said:

If you like variety then DOTA has plenty more. But yeah, game's still pretty popular.

I played DOTA back in 2017 but didn't get hooked for some reason so I uninstalled it. I know it's just like LoL so I should probably reinstall it since I enjoy LoL so much.

The reason I find LoL so great, it's basically like discovering X-Men trading cards as a kid. So much different powers from so many characters. I love it.

Meta is basically a perceived best way to play in order to win (Most Effective Tactic Available). From role assignment, to champ picks, through item builds, skill leveling order and way way more than that. And the usual setup of tank/offtank/bruiser top, AP carry/assassin mid, 1 jungler, adc+support bot.

You want to run 2 junglers? You're ruining the game for others.

You want to play a roaming support? That's not the way to go.

You want to try Ap carry top? How dare you!

God forbid trying these things in ranked.

One of the most known examples here:

And they have a track record of reworking stuff to make it unplayable in an unusual way like tank ekko. A typical "we weanted him to be X but someone found an effective way to play him in Y way, so we'll rework it to maky Y unplayable".

Check comments under a video they were kinda forced to make (due to the attention the issue had at the time) to understand it:

Only 1 season in pro scene where people were swapping top and bot lane to gain an advantage, only 1 season of, if I remember corectly, top laner farming along jungler for a bit of the beggining of the game, only 1 season of AP bot instead of ADC. Garen has already been slightly altered and my guess is to make Garen-Yuumi duo bot obsolete.

On one end I get it - thay want to make sure the pro games get the attention/views otherwise there's no profit. On the other end they take away a lot of options from casual players.

On the contrary, in DotA they embrace n0tail's "everthing can work" approach. At least that's how I see it.

Oh, and these 2 games only share a genre. A fair amount of in-game mechanics is different. DotA's harder, LoL is more casual - that would be the most overall statement.

Yes. But its Community is still full of flamers, kids and assholes. I wonder if the report function does anything at all.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, Soag said:

Meta is basically a perceived best way to play in order to win (Most Effective Tactic Available). From role assignment, to champ picks, through item builds, skill leveling order and way way more than that. And the usual setup of tank/offtank/bruiser top, AP carry/assassin mid, 1 jungler, adc+support bot.

You want to run 2 junglers? You're ruining the game for others.

You want to play a roaming support? That's not the way to go.

You want to try Ap carry top? How dare you!

God forbid trying these things in ranked.

One of the most known examples here:

And they have a track record of reworking stuff to make it unplayable in an unusual way like tank ekko. A typical "we weanted him to be X but someone found an effective way to play him in Y way, so we'll rework it to maky Y unplayable".

Check comments under a video they were kinda forced to make (due to the attention the issue had at the time) to understand it:

Only 1 season in pro scene where people were swapping top and bot lane to gain an advantage, only 1 season of, if I remember corectly, top laner farming along jungler for a bit of the beggining of the game, only 1 season of AP bot instead of ADC. Garen has already been slightly altered and my guess is to make Garen-Yuumi duo bot obsolete.

On one end I get it - thay want to make sure the pro games get the attention/views otherwise there's no profit. On the other end they take away a lot of options from casual players.

On the contrary, in DotA they embrace n0tail's "everthing can work" approach. At least that's how I see it.

Oh, and these 2 games only share a genre. A fair amount of in-game mechanics is different. DotA's harder, LoL is more casual - that would be the most overall statement.

Whatever all that is, I just play the game. I've yet to even play a ranked game. Hundreds of hours playing vs bots has been completely fine for me. I don't have much time to worry about all that stuff.

2 hours ago, Soag said:

DotA's harder, LoL is more casual - that would be the most overall statement.

Must be why I enjoy LoL and barely even played DOTA. I play most games casually.

11 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

I myself couldnt get into dota 2. I got 62 hours into it and i left. Heroes of the storm i have the most hours in, but blizzard is kind of killing it off so to speak. 

League of legends i played back in 2012. Out of all of them i think league is a good middle ground between heroes of the storm and dota 2. Ill reinstall LoL and give it a go again.