Samson SR850 vs Philips SHP9500

Dreadnought
On 10/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, rice guru said:

depends on what your looking for the 990 is a decent step up in fidelityu and resolution but it's a bid sound signature chane you will get meatier mid bass aas well as sharper highs often too much for many people. It's fine for me as  I just use it for games. games is where this thing shines the imaging on it is reat and very precise mixed with a nice wide sound stage really makes it great for gaming. but if you want something closer to the m40x isn sound signature I would say look at the he 4xx or d 58x as the lean closer to a more neutral sound signature. 

what do you mean by good for gaming??

i mean which headphone are you talking about???

11 minutes ago, M.R_KING said:

what do you mean by good for gaming??

i mean which headphone are you talking about???

a headphone good for gaming is defined by a wide soundstage and good imaging. soundstage is how side and deep the sound of a headphone is a good soundtage for gaming is something that is wide an can makes sounds sound close and far away . imaging is how precise sounds can be placed within that respective soundstage. the headphones I was talking about before was my dt 990, but becuase he was talking about the m40x which are fairly neutral closed backs I referred him to more neutral pairs of heaphones that are also neutral , which are the he 4xx and 58x which are open backs that are better than the m40x in regards to gaming. 

9 hours ago, rice guru said:

a headphone good for gaming is defined by a wide soundstage and good imaging. soundstage is how side and deep the sound of a headphone is a good soundtage for gaming is something that is wide an can makes sounds sound close and far away . imaging is how precise sounds can be placed within that respective soundstage. the headphones I was talking about before was my dt 990, but becuase he was talking about the m40x which are fairly neutral closed backs I referred him to more neutral pairs of heaphones that are also neutral , which are the he 4xx and 58x which are open backs that are better than the m40x in regards to gaming. 

so do you tell me the m40x is not very well for gaming as the hxx and 58x???

On 9/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, rice guru said:

Yep

and the taskar 82 pro is it better also than the  cooler master mh751??? or is it at the same level??

because  unfortunately the cooler master headset in not available in the market....it's just on aliexpress with 110$+24$shipping it's a high price for me and the budget i can give
so do you reccomend to me the taskar 82 pro?? do you test it by yourself??
i see you talk about it and tell us it is good

They perform almost identically In respect to gaming. Yes I have played using them and based on my experiences with them I am reccomending them they are one of the better closed backs sub $100. Another pair you can look at if you don't mind open back the shp 9500s personally im not a fan for music but much better than the takstars in regards to gaming. And seemingly so are ago 9600s which I have yet to test

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, Dreadnought said:

I know I know, the SHP9500 cost twice as much, but is it worth the price premium?

I'm not an expert, but the Samson SR850s sound very good with equalizer adjustments.

Screenshot (292).png

In my experience there is no inferior vs superior, just different experiences within a price range.  I couldn't read all of this thread but I think you need to follow the people with first hand experience with the exact product.  I can say that the shp9500 is well regarded in the audiophile community while I'm on my 6xx but I honestly wouldn't know.  I just go off sources that I have vetted... Ones that have reviewed the hardware that I have and can understand what they're saying about it.

You can make this a hobby, which I'm assuming it is since this thread is two pages long, or you go go right for endgame.

I think you need to find reviewers in your demographic and get something they highly recommend, then rewatch their reviews so you know what they say when they say it.

This audio game is in the league that you have available to you.  I've been told that you don't know what you are missing until you go backwards from it to know. So I say that you experience everything you can and become a pro at it.

*there is no perfect solution, just different solutions

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission