Undeclock ram to get better timings - viable?

Hey guys,

Planning to upgrade my CPU/Mobo/Ram this black friday and as such, i've started my research.

So we can all agree that Ryzen 3 series performs best paired with ram at 3200MHz and CL14 timing, right? The other "more viable" option is 3600MHz CL 14/15, but that's waaaay to expensive around here (im talking 220€+ for a 16GB kit).

On the other hand, 3200MHz CL14 is basically non-existent too, the only kit I can find is a really ugly Team Group T-Force Night Hawk Legend RGB kit.

So I'm just thinking of getting a set of 3466MHz CL16 Ram, which I can get for around 120€ (16GB) and underclocking it to 3200HMz and tightening the timings.

I'd be buying a Ryzen 5 3600 or 3600X - depending on the black friday deals.

Here are my questions:

How viable is this?
Does the motherboard I buy have any influence? (Of course, my desired speed would be supported, thinking of B450 or B550 if it has been released by the time I purchase)

Im on a tight budget, around 400€ for the whole thing, so I wanna squeeze the most performance I can from my parts :). Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link