Port Forwarding Xbox One (Huawei Router)

theereal

Im attempting to achieve Open NAT on my Xbox One, UnPn is enabled and ive attempted to port forward, allthough im not sure ive done it correctly... I still have a Moderate NAT type...

Ports i wish to open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

Screenshot of what ive done:

image.png.394ce92fbc93fd2f0cb228cb2a43a6ca.png

Have i done it correctly? Or is there something im missing? Any help is greatly appriciated :)

There are websites you can use to test if you have opened a port successfully: portchecker.co

If all of them appear closed you may be behind a double NAT.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

There are websites you can use to test if you have opened a port successfully: portchecker.co

If all of them appear closed you may be behind a double NAT.

They all appear to be closed :P Any idea if ive done something incorrectly based on the photo? And whats a double NAT? :P

5 minutes ago, theereal said:

They all appear to be closed :P Any idea if ive done something incorrectly based on the photo? And whats a double NAT? :P

Assuming the software recognizes the port numbers as correct & the Xbox's IP is 192.168.8.101 then everything looks in order. On my own router though Port Forwarding is under Firewall. I'm uncertain if Virtual Server is the same thing for you here. I'm not familiar with your router.

Double NAT is when the router you're configuring is connected to another router before reaching your ISP. By configuring said router you are not configuring the edge router who's ports are still closed. So when you try to check if the ports are open the edge router doesn't allow the connection though for the router you actually configured.

Many ISP provided modems are also Routers. Is this Huawei router one you bought yourself or was it provided by the ISP?

well, is ur router connected to ISP modem? are you sure the ISP modem doesn't have router built in? If it does you will need to dmz your router on the ISP router first, or put ISP modem/router combo into modem only mode.

40 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Assuming the software recognizes the port numbers as correct & the Xbox's IP is 192.168.8.101 then everything looks in order. On my own router though Port Forwarding is under Firewall. I'm uncertain if Virtual Server is the same thing for you here. I'm not familiar with your router.

Double NAT is when the router you're configuring is connected to another router before reaching your ISP. By configuring said router you are not configuring the edge router who's ports are still closed. So when you try to check if the ports are open the edge router doesn't allow the connection though for the router you actually configured.

Many ISP provided modems are also Routers. Is this Huawei router one you bought yourself or was it provided by the ISP?

Its a 4G router than was provided by my ISP when i signed up. I think its a Huawei B525.

image.png.04c4fb788678248a90356f1f66e98bda.png

These are my options when selecting "Firewall".

3 minutes ago, theereal said:

Its a 4G router than was provided by my ISP when i signed up. I think its a Huawei B525.

These are my options when selecting "Firewall".

Well that's definitely not it.

Something that's worth noting is that some ISP's don't allow Port Forwarding, from what I've heard cellular based networks in particular. Some will allow Port Forwarding but will charge you a fee for each port you want to open. I can't say what the case will be for your ISP in this case. You may have to call them and ask.

17 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Well that's definitely not it.

Something that's worth noting is that some ISP's don't allow Port Forwarding, from what I've heard cellular based networks in particular. Some will allow Port Forwarding but will charge you a fee for each port you want to open. I can't say what the case will be for your ISP in this case. You may have to call them and ask.

Ok thanks ill do that in the morning then :) Is there anything else you can think of that might work? Like restarting the router? Or the Xbox? :P Some toturials mentioned setting up a "static IP" for your Xbox

18 minutes ago, theereal said:

Ok thanks ill do that in the morning then :) Is there anything else you can think of that might work? Like restarting the router? Or the Xbox? :P Some toturials mentioned setting up a "static IP" for your Xbox

If you clicked apply for the "ports that you opened" (I'm not certain Virtual Servers is the same thing as Port Forwarding - maybe @mynameisjuan can enlighten us on that) then that's all you can really do there.

Ideally you would configure a static IP on the Xbox, or better yet reserve the IP in the router and associate it with the Xbox's MAC address so it just automatically takes the same IP over DHCP. The reason is if the IP lease expires and gets taken over by another device the ports would be open for that device and not the Xbox. When the Xbox turns back on DHCP would give it the next available IP (no longer the IP it had when you configured Port Forwarding) and everything would stop working.

Who is your ISP?

I'd be willing to wager that because you're on a 4G network then you're almost definitely behind Carrier Grade NAT (CG-NAT) and as such will never be able to port forward directly without going through a service of some kind to tunnel traffic back.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Who is your ISP?

I'd be willing to wager that because you're on a 4G network then you're almost definitely behind Carrier Grade NAT (CG-NAT) and as such will never be able to port forward directly without going through a service of some kind to tunnel traffic back.

Im in Norway so my carrier is Telia Norge. Not sure if that tells you anything :P

14 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I'm not certain Virtual Servers is the same thing as Port Forwarding - maybe @mynameisjuan can enlighten us on that

You can treat them as the same. Virtual servers are more accurate as its what it was made for originally (reachability to a server behind NAT) as port forwarding is more akin to NAT. Just talking about naming!

1 hour ago, theereal said:

a 4G router t

Not sure about your provider. But like all US cellular providers use CGNAT. That could be your issue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.