Thermaltake AIOs

I can't find the max TDP of my floe riing 240mm anywhere on their site or on other sites.  There's nothing written in the spec sheets other than lies about their 3600 rpm motor that runs at 1800rpm.  Is this a normal thing?  I tried this same post on their forums but I guess they're not into customer service so I have to ask here.  I don't expect anyone to know for sure but if anyone has any inkling on where it might lie give or take I would greatly appreciate the information.  It's cooling an 8700k 4.6ghz @ 1.28v Idle 1.296v load which while gaming it will peak at around 81 - 82c on a few cores.  Cinebench r20 it hits like 87c no problem.  I can't really even test using prime or aida, instant spike to TJmax.  I just can't figure out what that TDP is.

I plan on replacing this garbage with a dark rock pro 4.  I'm constantly worried this POS is going to spring a leak just based off of their shady overstating of capabilities.

NOCTUA FTW!!!

My advice -

I had a corsair AIO for a bit and the infamous enermax TR4 AIO on a threadripper system.  Both retired or returned and UPGRADED to Noctua coolers.

If you hate the Noctua look, go for a bequiet darkrock or other quality air cooler.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

NOCTUA FTW!!!

My advice -

I had a corsair AIO for a bit and the infamous enermax TR4 AIO on a threadripper system.  Both retired or returned and UPGRADED to Noctua coolers.

If you hate the Noctua look, go for a bequiet darkrock or other quality air cooler.

Yea that's the plan.  I was going to get a corsair h100i but i'm really not into the whole AIO thing as I thought.  I know they're generally manufactured properly but the law of averages always screws me so I'm just going to go back to air cooling.  dark rock has a neat mobo compatibility check plus the pic on the dark rock pro 4 page shows the clearance of an ASUS board with the same ram that I have. 

CoolerMaster and Corsair AiO's are the shit. They've consistently been great. It's just weird that MasterLiquid Pro series are so incredibly hard to find in Europe...

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

CoolerMaster and Corsair AiO's are the shit. They've consistently been great. It's just weird that MasterLiquid Pro series are so incredibly hard to find in Europe...

Yea I have to go with another AIO.  The dark rock pro 4 won't fit in my case and all the air coolers that do can't cool an oc'd 8700k
Corsair h100i v2 it is.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:59 PM, ThreePeenSoup said:

I can't find the max TDP of my floe riing 240mm anywhere on their site or on other sites.  There's nothing written in the spec sheets other than lies about their 3600 rpm motor that runs at 1800rpm.  Is this a normal thing?  I tried this same post on their forums but I guess they're not into customer service so I have to ask here.  I don't expect anyone to know for sure but if anyone has any inkling on where it might lie give or take I would greatly appreciate the information.  It's cooling an 8700k 4.6ghz @ 1.28v Idle 1.296v load which while gaming it will peak at around 81 - 82c on a few cores.  Cinebench r20 it hits like 87c no problem.  I can't really even test using prime or aida, instant spike to TJmax.  I just can't figure out what that TDP is.
I plan on replacing this garbage with a dark rock pro 4.  I'm constantly worried this POS is going to spring a leak just based off of their shady overstating of capabilities.

Where are you getting the info for the pump being 1800rpm? What makes you think the capabilities are overstated?

What case are you using, where is the cooler mounted, and what rpm are the fans at during load? Have you tried reseating the cooler?

TDP can be useful isn't very precise. How it's measured and what it means varies depending on which manufacturer or product you're looking at and I generally avoid using it. Noctua for example, doesn't use TDP.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you getting the info for the pump being 1800rpm? What makes you think the capabilities are overstated?

What case are you using, where is the cooler mounted, and what rpm are the fans at during load? Have you tried reseating the cooler?

TDP can be useful isn't very precise. How it's measured and what it means varies depending on which manufacturer or product you're looking at and I generally avoid using it. Noctua for example, doesn't use TDP.

I wouldn't have put the information in the question if it weren't precise.  The 1800 rpm pump speed comes from hwinfo.  My AIO is plugged into the AIO pump header and I'm assuming that's how hwinfo gets its data.  Reseating the cooler upwards of 15 times, no exaggeration, switching thermal paste brands, ultimately landing on MX4 which dropped the temps by ~3c didn't do anything significant.

https://www.thermaltake.com/C_00003120.htm?id=C_00003120#additional

Click "specifications" and then read the line where it says "Motor Speed: 3600rpm"

The case is also a TT piece of garbage.  I had to take the front face off in order to get any airflow and then add a corsair 2000rpm fan to it in order to get the temps in line so I can actually put the glass panel on the side.  Another overstating of capabilities.  The amount of suction I was seeing with the front panel on was ridiculous.  After adding the corsair fan, the other two fans would start spinning backwards until I took the face off.  There's plenty of room here, btw, for a 360mm AIO if you front mount it, but they, for some reason, put two horizontal bars across where the top fan would mount so you have to pry those forward in order to get a fan there without interfering with it's operation.  Now why on Earth would they say it can only accommodate a 240mm top/front if you can easily put a 360 in the front?  Could it be to sell this same case frame with different aesthetics at higher prices?

Regardless. now there's plenty of ~25c air moving through it.  The cooler is top mounted exhaust with ~1600rpm fans, but that number comes from their shitty TT RGB plus software so it could just be overstating that as well seeing as how the description in the specifications reads "500 - 1400rpm" and they don't seem to be under any obligation to actually be real about anything they sell.  If Thermaltake can't give me a reason why it stays "3600rpm" in the specs and only runs at 1800rpm when I asked in their forums then I'm just going to assume they lied to sell units.  The fact that it's top mounted exhaust doesn't account for the still pretty high peaks of 81 - 82c that I see when this thing hits full load for a few seconds when loading a BFV map or some shit in BL3.  Maybe this AIO works better front mounted intake, I don't know.

The one guy they have answering all the questions in their forums either has been told specifically to feign ignorance or he really is just ignorant.  Telling me "the pumps aren't rated for 3600rpm" and then not giving me an answer as to why it's stated they are on the spec sheets only reinforces my belief that they are a shady company.

Also, water cooled ram is fucking stupid.

3 hours ago, ThreePeenSoup said:

I wouldn't have put the information in the question if it weren't precise.  The 1800 rpm pump speed comes from hwinfo.  My AIO is plugged into the AIO pump header and I'm assuming that's how hwinfo gets its data.  Reseating the cooler upwards of 15 times, no exaggeration, switching thermal paste brands, ultimately landing on MX4 which dropped the temps by ~3c didn't do anything significant.
https://www.thermaltake.com/C_00003120.htm?id=C_00003120#additional
Click "specifications" and then read the line where it says "Motor Speed: 3600rpm"

The case is also a TT piece of garbage.  I had to take the front face off in order to get any airflow and then add a corsair 2000rpm fan to it in order to get the temps in line so I can actually put the glass panel on the side.  Another overstating of capabilities.  The amount of suction I was seeing with the front panel on was ridiculous.  After adding the corsair fan, the other two fans would start spinning backwards until I took the face off.  There's plenty of room here, btw, for a 360mm AIO if you front mount it, but they, for some reason, put two horizontal bars across where the top fan would mount so you have to pry those forward in order to get a fan there without interfering with it's operation.  Now why on Earth would they say it can only accommodate a 240mm top/front if you can easily put a 360 in the front?  Could it be to sell this same case frame with different aesthetics at higher prices?

Regardless. now there's plenty of ~25c air moving through it.  The cooler is top mounted exhaust with ~1600rpm fans, but that number comes from their shitty TT RGB plus software so it could just be overstating that as well seeing as how the description in the specifications reads "500 - 1400rpm" and they don't seem to be under any obligation to actually be real about anything they sell.  If Thermaltake can't give me a reason why it stays "3600rpm" in the specs and only runs at 1800rpm when I asked in their forums then I'm just going to assume they lied to sell units.  The fact that it's top mounted exhaust doesn't account for the still pretty high peaks of 81 - 82c that I see when this thing hits full load for a few seconds when loading a BFV map or some shit in BL3.  Maybe this AIO works better front mounted intake, I don't know.

The one guy they have answering all the questions in their forums either has been told specifically to feign ignorance or he really is just ignorant.  Telling me "the pumps aren't rated for 3600rpm" and then not giving me an answer as to why it's stated they are on the spec sheets only reinforces my belief that they are a shady company.

The info may be precise but not accurate. Depending on how the software reads the rpm, the output may be a different ratio of the actual rpm. Have you tried looking at the rpm through the bios or other monitoring programs like HWMonitor or SpeedFan? Stick to one application at a time when monitoring / controlling fans since they can conflict or cause otherwise inaccurate data. 

Chances are that the pump is actually 3600rpm and the program is misreading especially since 1800rpm seems to just be a 2:1 reading. There's little to no reason for Thermaltake to lie about it either since 3600rpm isn't necessarily better than 1800rpm. 

What case?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I wish I could find the post on their forums where the guy said, "those pumps only run at 1800rpm."  I only use the BIOS to change fan curves and the RPMs are almost the exact same on both the BIOS monitor readings and the HWINFO readings.  The only fan speed that neither of them read are the AIO fan speeds controlled by the AIO software.

https://www.thermaltake.com/C_00003103.htm?id=C_00003103

I needed a decent mid tower with good airflow but what I bought was just a lie.  I can't actually test the case before I buy it so I don't see how stating "outstanding ventilation" is anything but overstating the capabilities of your product.  There's no airflow with the front face on.  None.

If it says 3600rpm I need to see 3600rpm.  End of story.

4 hours ago, ThreePeenSoup said:

I wish I could find the post on their forums where the guy said, "those pumps only run at 1800rpm."  I only use the BIOS to change fan curves and the RPMs are almost the exact same on both the BIOS monitor readings and the HWINFO readings.  The only fan speed that neither of them read are the AIO fan speeds controlled by the AIO software.
If it says 3600rpm I need to see 3600rpm.  End of story.

https://www.thermaltake.com/C_00003103.htm?id=C_00003103

I needed a decent mid tower with good airflow but what I bought was just a lie.  I can't actually test the case before I buy it so I don't see how stating "outstanding ventilation" is anything but overstating the capabilities of your product.  There's no airflow with the front face on.  None.

I'm not sure what's causing the pump to be read at 1800rpm but I doubt that's the case. I'm guessing the header may be detecting the input as a pump and compensating for it by halving the result since the pump rpm often reports 2x the actual rpm. That along with Thermaltake potentially setting up the pump so that it's read normally may be the cause of the halved reading. Just a guess though. 

Software readings aren't perfect and misreadings aren't uncommon considering the massive list of potential hardware combinations that are supposed to work together.

In some sense, the rear ventilation of the case is outstanding since most cases have smaller holes in the back and more restrictive. The case does look like it has bad airflow due to the solid front and top though. Look at reviews and benchmarks instead of marketing. I tend to pretend that products without reviews basically don't exist when making recommendations. 

How much do temps drop with the front panel off?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.