Well built laptop for CAD under $1500

JPear

I'm looking for a new laptop for CAD. I do parametric modeling (and do not play games), so single threaded performance is the primary focus for me - though more cores won't hurt for rendering and a few other programs that I use. I had the ZenBook Pro Duo for the last month with an i9 9980hk, 32gb ram, rtx 2060, and 1tb ssd (I know it was overkill), but I had to return it due to a faulty wifi card (uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, wiped computer completely, talked to tech support - nothing worked; disappointing for a $3000 laptop). I think this time I would prefer something cheaper. I still want 32gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4k LCD, and dedicated graphics (not super powerful - just needs to be better than an iGPU). The laptop should be thin and sturdy, but most importantly, reliable. I like the general design of the zephyrus gx701, though I'd prefer the keyboard in the normal location. I'd prefer to keep the budget under ~$1500, though I can pay more if there is something of better value. Any suggestions/opinions y'all could offer would help. Thanks in advance.

okay. well im assuming you mean 1500US, there is this:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834155291 

Configure it accordingly i know its 200 more than your budget but i would say its more for value cause of the GTX 1650. 

Also has a 10th gen intel i7 chip with the 32gb and 4k lcd your lookin for.

Only problem is the 10th gen Intel chip which hasnt even released yet. the laptop will be available for purchase in a few days cause of it so its very new and top of the line. 

the prestige lineup has been around for a while though this is just a hardware update. ill leave it for you to consider, maybe when it releases in a few days check out a few reviews. 

There is also the thinkpad p53s from lenovo. 

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/P43s/p/22WS2WPP43S about $1750 its 14". though it only has 16gb and 512ssd. You might be able to upgrade it but price to specs the MSI still seems on top i think. 

These are the ones i could find. feel free to pick others