Fake dollar bill

Beef Boss
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
6 hours ago, circeseye said:

and if for some odd reason he gets caught with it is a federal offence. better to turn it in

Only becomes Federal if its 5K or more. I know someone who works for the Detriot Secret Service office as a counterfeit tech. She can tell you all you need to know about fake money. Generally you need to use a UV light on the bill and it will tell you if its fake or not. 

50 minutes ago, Arika S said:

try to handle it as little as possible if you are going to hand it into your bank. the less fingerprints on it, the easier it will be to narrow it down.

Yeah, its not going to be investigated though. Local police dont have the resources. The bank isnt going to give a fuck. The Feds will just destroy it with the reset of the fake money they have turned in. 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

1$ paper bills should be criminal. C'mon 'Murica. 

We did have dollar coins. They just never took off. Its kinda like the $2 bill at this point. You rarely see the dollar coins.   

I think I have a fake dollar bill. It's green, but no indication of a phony. The ATM doesn't take it.

I played with the saturation a little, and I still can't match the colour of it. What should I do?

20191007_144809.jpg

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Take it to a bank and tell them you think you have a fake. Tell them where you may have gotten the dollar, from who, purchasing what.

7 hours ago, veldora said:

I think I have a fake dollar bill. It's green, but no indication of a phony. The ATM doesn't take it.

I played with the saturation a little, and I still can't match the colour of it. What should I do?

Uh I mean it’s 1$ 

what you should do is keep it for fun.. why u need to claim just $1 >;D

yea take it to a bank..they can tell if its fake or not 

7 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Uh I mean it’s 1$ 

what you should do is keep it for fun.. why u need to claim just $1 >;D

and if for some odd reason he gets caught with it is a federal offence. better to turn it in

10 minutes ago, circeseye said:

yea take it to a bank..they can tell if its fake or not 

Whats weird though, is I recall getting it from the ATM at my bank lol. So somehow it got into their system. Despite the picture, it's been used a little. I'll take it in tomorrow, the bank is closed now. But after looking at it closer, it's definitely a fake. My eyesight sucks real bad, so even with my specs I didn't notice it until now lol.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

10 minutes ago, circeseye said:

Yea but then isn’t Monopoly money fake money ? Can’t y say it’s for a game lol 

or just hide it its only $1 

10 minutes ago, veldora said:

Whats weird though, is I recall getting it from the ATM at my bank lol. So somehow it got into their system. Despite the picture, it's been used a little. I'll take it in tomorrow, the bank is closed now. But after looking at it closer, it's definitely a fake. My eyesight sucks real bad, so even with my specs I didn't notice it until now lol.

Have you held it up to a light and tried to see through it? Usually there's a strip you can see through the light that runs from top to bottom. I think you'd also see another image of Washington through the light as well.

Looks fine to me.  Most don't counterfeit ones. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Does it have a "Forever Alone" emoji in the pyramid.

Yes then it's real

No then it's fake

forever-alone-dollar-bill_o_1423545.jpg.3acc13b91e04856004efaad54fee0510.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

5 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Have you held it up to a light and tried to see through it? Usually there's a strip you can see through the light that runs from top to bottom. I think you'd also see another image of Washington through the light as well.

Not on $1 bills.  $5 and up.

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Looks fine to me.  Most don't counterfeit ones. 

This is correct - no one would risk that for a $1.  If they did, well they are as dumb as me in the 90's when I was doing this with $20's taking them to school and getting them broken into change, even for less than $20.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Counterfeit currency is not the same as monopoly money.

Ohh, so I can’t try and spend sum Monopoly money in the shops ?

ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ

5 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Not on $1 bills.  $5 and up.

Interesting, didn't know this. Kinda dumb not to include that if you ask me. But I hate dealing with physical money anymore, so I haven't actually handled a dollar in at least a couple years.

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Ohh, so I can’t try and spend sum Monopoly money in the shops ?

ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ

McDonald's actually did that once during their Monopoly game month, where customers can purchase meals with actual Monopoly money.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I went to canada for LTX, the coins were amazing.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

try to handle it as little as possible if you are going to hand it into your bank. the less fingerprints on it, the easier it will be to narrow it down.

5 hours ago, veldora said:

Whats weird though, is I recall getting it from the ATM at my bank lol. So somehow it got into their system.

Generally these notes will just be hidden in bundles with real notes, so unless the teller specifically looked at this note, or it was picked up by their note counter (which are super basic) its quite easy for it to get into an ATM.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 hours ago, circeseye said:

Only becomes Federal if its 5K or more. I know someone who works for the Detriot Secret Service office as a counterfeit tech. She can tell you all you need to know about fake money. Generally you need to use a UV light on the bill and it will tell you if its fake or not. 

50 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Yeah, its not going to be investigated though. Local police dont have the resources. The bank isnt going to give a fuck. The Feds will just destroy it with the reset of the fake money they have turned in. 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

We did have dollar coins. They just never took off. Its kinda like the $2 bill at this point. You rarely see the dollar coins.   

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah we don't have a borough here anyway lol. So the bank probably just shreds it or something.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

3 minutes ago, veldora said:

Yeah we don't have a borough here anyway lol. So the bank probably just shreds it or something.

No they have to send it to the Feds or give it to the local police and they send it to the Feds. Destroying/Defacing currency is illegal. So the banks can’t destroy it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

No they have to send it to the Feds or give it to the local police and they send it to the Feds. Destroying/Defacing currency is illegal. So the banks can’t destroy it. 

So even if it's fake, they won't? What's the point of having the feds do it? We all know it comes from Mexico...

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

8 hours ago, veldora said:

I recall getting it from the ATM at my bank lol.

Interesting, I don't think I have ever used an ATM that gives bills smaller than $20.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

3 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Interesting, I don't think I have ever used an ATM that gives bills smaller than $20.

Yeah the ATM at my bank gives all bills except 2dollar bills,but non members get charged out the butt to use it lol.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

It looks suspiciously unused considering it's a $1 bill. You can use an UV light to check if it's fake

I've gotten crisp brand new $1 bills as change before. It's not all that uncommon to come across bills in great condition.

As others have said, I'd suggest taking it to the bank next time you go. They can check if it's legit or not. (Or get one of those fake money detector marker things and use that)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

All US paper currency in circulation is made from a special paper stock which has blue and red fibers embedded into it and has a certain amount of cotton content. Look for the fibers. No one else is supposed to have access to this specific blend of paper, certainly no one making a fake $1 bill would.