Official - Microsoft New CEO: Satya Nadella

Microsoft’s CEO search is over. Microsoft announces that the new CEO of Microsoft will be Satya Nadella

a83fa7bde92b9a531b9177dcacdc5eda.jpg

Satya Nadella has been working at Microsoft for over 20 years. He last position was the executive vice president of Microsoft’s Cloud and Enterprise group, and helped put Microsoft Azure's on the map by making it outperform the market and took share from competition, essentially making is a viable solution to consider by businesses and enterprises. In addition He took Microsoft search engine which had virtual no market-share or any sort of success, and bring it to what we all know as Bing today. it's no Google, but miles better than before.

He also believes in the direction of the company, and isn't a CEO that sees no value in XBox.

Nadella is a Microsoft veteran, having joined the company over 20 years ago. Born in India in 1969, Nadella studied Electrical Engineering at the Mangalore University before moving to the US to study computer science at the University of Wisconsin. He originally worked at Microsoft rival Sun Microsystems before heading to Redmond to work on research for Microsoft’s online services division. He has held a number of roles inside Microsoft, working in the company’s business division on Office, and even has some experience building the Bing search engine. Most importantly, he has been instrumental in transforming Microsoft’s cloud business while previously leading its Server and Tools business.

First Interview:

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/4/5169852/satya-nadella-microsoft-ceo

Microsoft will be going down in a few months.....If you understand what I say, You're aware of what takes place in India.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

HE seems less ridiculous than the last one at least. Let's see if he's an innovator or a dinosaur.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

He seems to be better than the last guy. Lets hope so.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Out of all the options and rumours about who you guys were going to pick, I believe they picked the right guy.
He has well rounded knowledge in both engineering and business, something that Microsoft needs to focus on so they can continue to push the envelope and gain a competitive edge.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Microsoft will be going down in a few months.....If you understand what I say, You're aware of what takes place in India.

Can you explain this? I didn't quite get what you mean.

PC in Profile

Interesting choice. haven't heard of the guy before but maybe thats a good thing.. Looking forward to see were he takes microsoft.

he microsoft puts A and 1 is the same sentence then im gonna loose my shit, im happy that he is an indian without a thick accent which makes you laugh instead of understand what he is actually saying. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It's nice to see that Microsoft chosen a guy that has been with them for many years and that knows the company well. From the interview I would say that he seems like a really approachable guy which is willing to take reasonable steps yet not be afraid of innovation. Lets all hope that he will keep his word...

Ruthlessly remove any obstacles that allow us to innovate

*Cough* Modern UI and Bing *Cough*

I hope that Microsoft will now get their ass together and start to listen to their customers more and take advice from them. I mean it can't be that bad since a lot of companies like Valve do it and look at how many people respect them and love their products. Take a hint Microsoft :)

I hope that Microsoft will now get their ass together and start to listen to their customers more and take advice from them. I mean it can't be that bad since a lot of companies like Valve do it and look at how many people respect them and love their products. Take a hint Microsoft :)

You know what is funny... is that Windows 8 was based on customer advise (including the removal of the Start Button and desktop looks). Windows 7 wasn't.

You know what is funny... is that Windows 8 was based on customer advise (including the removal of the Start Button and desktop looks). Windows 7 wasn't.

I have no idea which customers asked for that but they couldn't have been sane especially if they thought it would be a good idea for a PC... tablet maybe so.

Well you just have to look at the Windows 8 dev blog comments. If you think it's bad ideas, then next time, be part of the conversation during Windows beta, and express your opinion.

Microsoft doesn't monitor the internet for comments. They check their forums, their blog comments sections, not some forum on the corner of the web.

Same if you have isues with Windows. Go at the Microsoft Answer forum to make yourself heard so that others can come in and pitch in, and have what ever issue you have potentially fixed on the next version or update (assuming that their is no fix already) of Windows.

Sorta reminded me of this beauty:

the-homer-car.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yup. That is why companies don't normally listens to fans and wish lists.

He seems like a cool guy. Hopefully he'll point Microsoft in the right direction. 

COMIC SANS

What's going on?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I'm really hoping that this guy starts moving the company in a good direction. the guy being from Microsoft's cloud section gets me a bit worried though. I really don't want a cloud based os.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

What I got from the interview... "I can't finish with what I've started."

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

My opinion: This might be a great move from Microsoft. However, we'll have to closely assess his performance as CEO. Microsoft is already engaged in a competition where they're sorely behind, and if Sathya can take a more modern, customer-driven, and structured approach to emerging technologies and platforms such as mobile and tablets I think they will be a real winner. I think the key here is open-source will really enable innovation to happen within and outside the company FAST. Things like Kinect SHOULD be open source, and not licensed at 100$ more than the Xbox version etc....

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Well let's hope he can do good for the company and fix things Balmer and Gates flubbed up on.