Budget 240fps fortnite performance

I played fortnite, with all settings low except for viewing distance(epic) , on my campus gaming computer, with i7 8700k, 1080ti. It handles a stable 240fps, on the 244hz monitor.

Can I still reach the same performance with lower tier cpu and gpu such as the i5's and anything below 1080ti.

given that an i7 8700k and 1080ti capped at 240fps, then, no, anything less than one or both of these will not hit the same performance

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Thanks for replying but, by "stable" I mean the computer generates the fps well over 240, so there is no lag in gaming, since it's paired with 240hz monitor.

Would the i5 9600k does the job as well, with its boost clock at 4.6 GHz, even with no hyper threading.

if a 1600x can do it i'd say the 9600k can also do it.

I use the same settings when i play and have the fps capped to 240, where it stays pretty much all the time.

Budget and Country? I can put together a build list that should achieve this if the budget allows for it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I'm not trying to be rude in any way, but Luke is right. 240hz is pretty much useless. Linus even did a video with one of his employees who was a high level CSGO player. They both said they couldn't see a visual difference. 144hz looks the same and is as smooth.

You can hit high frames with lower tier parts, but If I was being practical I would say sell the monitor and get a decent 144hz one so you can get better parts.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

I feel like imma have to stick with intel processor & nvidia GPUs cuz they are the more I am familar with. I just think if maybe my campus computers are a little overkill, that I could have a more budget friendly option.

I am going more towards the competetive settings. For example, with the shadow off, the fps improve significantly. 

And for me, yes, 240fps does make a big different when It comes to fortnite competetive.

I've tried it, and its hard to go back.

6 minutes ago, Wonggoruar said:

I feel like imma have to stick with intel processor & nvidia GPUs cuz they are the more I am familar with. I just think if maybe my campus computers are a little overkill, that I could have a more budget friendly option.

I am going more towards the competetive settings. For example, with the shadow off, the fps improve significantly. 

And for me, yes, 240fps does make a big different when It comes to fortnite competetive.

I've tried it, and its hard to go back.

I mean if you think it helps you or you're seeing a difference thats cool I guess.

intel and budget shouldn't usually be in the same sentence unless it's saying that Intel doesn't have good budget options compared to AMD.

Stick with Ryzen CPUs right now. The nvidia GPU pricing isn't terrible right now but for sure if you want to save then stick with AMD.

I'm not as familiar with the new Zen 2 CPUs right now, but the other people in this thread can definitely help you make the right choices when it comes to what parts you want to pick.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

You didn't give me a budget or country so here's this. (Like I said I can do a more budget oriented build if you give it to me.)

Ryzen is the best way to go right now, the Ryzen 5 3600 is pretty much on par with the 8700k and is $160 less. Ryzen 3000 is incredible and that's coming from someone who was an Intel guy up until  Zen+ dropped. If I didn't have a good build an was looking to build one right now, I would 100% go Ryzen, Intel just can't beat it with it's price to performance.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

35 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You didn't give me a budget or country so here's this. (Like I said I can do a more budget oriented build if you give it to me.)

Ryzen is the best way to go right now, the Ryzen 5 3600 is pretty much on par with the 8700k and is $160 less. Ryzen 3000 is incredible and that's coming from someone who was an Intel guy up until  Zen+ dropped. If I didn't have a good build an was looking to build one right now, I would 100% go Ryzen, Intel just can't beat it with it's price to performance.

Im looking for something around $1200, but Im definitely taking ur advice into consideration.

I live in the U.S btw.