Rx 5700 aib or reference rx 5700 XT

Dropit

I live in germany have around 380€ budget for a gpu. I'm not sure if I should get a reference rx 5700xt or a aib rx 5700 which I overclock to rx 5700xt levels. Also some recommendations on which custom gpu I should take are welcome.

Don't even consider the reference models (or any blower card in general) unless you're ripping the cooler off and water cooling them, they run much louder and hotter than even mediocre AIB models..

Either save up a bit more, or get a solid 5700 instead. I highly recommend the Sapphire Pulse. If the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 is out yet, that one's even stronger of a recommendation.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Don't even consider the reference models (or any blower card in general) unless you're ripping the cooler off and water cooling them, they run much louder and hotter than even mediocre AIB models..

Either save up a bit more, or get a solid 5700 instead. I highly recommend the Sapphire Pulse. If the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 is out yet, that one's even stronger of a recommendation.

Ok thx, I have seen the rx 5700 mech oc for around 350€ (reference costs 330€), what do you think about it? I'm trying to make a more metallic looking pc and that card just fits the style.

8 hours ago, Dropit said:

Ok thx, I have seen the rx 5700 mech oc for around 350€ (reference costs 330€), what do you think about it? I'm trying to make a more metallic looking pc and that card just fits the style.

I don't know much about the card, so the most I can do is point you to other sources of info. Hope that vid helps!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It seems at the moment the best is the PowerColor Red Dragon, even said to be superior to Sapphire pulse:

The PowerColor RX 5700 Red Dragon has a few technical victories over the Pulse in this testing (noise-normalized), although both cards are significantly improved over baseline and aren’t too distant from each other.

Unless your not planning on watercooling it don't get a 5700XT most waterblock manufactures don't offer a block for it yet