Adding RGB header to a motherboard that don't have it

AlexQC

My motherboard is an ASUS Z-170 Deluxe. This board don't have any RGB header on it and I would like to add 2 strips or RGB lights on my case (20-30 cm strips). I will never want to add more than that.

I don't need a remote I want to be able to change colors by software and I want the LEDs to turn on when I turn on the computer. A nice to have would be to be able to have different color on each led.

What are my options to do that?

I would look into corsair's lighting node pro and strips along with the commander pro. They connect to a USB header in your PC instead of an RGB header.

addressable led is what your looking for. as far as a usb and software controlled rgb there are a few options. corsair, nzxt, asus, thermaltake, are your mane ones. there is coolermater but there stuff sucks so ied suggest stay away form them.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I think Corsair Lighting Node Pro is exactly what I need (don't need much fluf). Do you know if you can cut the LED strips? I think it comes with 4 * 40 cm strips, but I need like 2-3 20 cm ones...

2 hours ago, AlexQC said:

I think Corsair Lighting Node Pro is exactly what I need (don't need much fluf). Do you know if you can cut the LED strips? I think it comes with 4 * 40 cm strips, but I need like 2-3 20 cm ones...

i don't own corsair strips so i don't no. most  strips every 3 leds you can cut. there will be a mark on there that will show vd-g : vd+g

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I contacted Corsair and they told me that not their strips are not made to be cut.