Using lightning headphones, through phone, for pc.

The Torrent

I have headphones with a mic which have a lightning connector. These are audiophile headphones so have a inbuilt dac.

So i have a pc and no mic.

How can i basically send the sound through my pc to my phone to the headphones, and use the mic on the headphones to send the mic sound to discord??? Without spending money on an adapter.

Is it possible? Dont ask questions as why not get an adapter im fully aware but this is my question i have my reasons.

I guess with something like steam link you might be able to open a connection between your pc and your phone.

No idea if you can configure it as you need but in theory it could work?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I want everything forwarded basically though, including music playing in background, discord talking, etc. not just game.

It seems there was an app for IOS to play PC sounds through your phone.

PocketAudio lets you use your iOS device as a wireless soundcard of your computer. PocketAudio automatically forwards audio captured or played on your computer to your iOS device.  You can use PocketAudio as a wireless headphones and/or wireless microphone for your computer.

PocketAudio (Headphones) can be used to play sound from any Windows or Mac applications.  Simply select PocketAudio as your computer's audio output device, and you can now use iOS device to listen to any sound played on the computer.  

PocketAudio (Microphone) can be used as an audio input device to Windows or Mac.  Speak to your iOS device, and use Windows or Mac to capture or record the audio.

*** Please note that there is network delay between the computer and iOS device.  Therefore, PocketAudio should not be used in situations where delay can be an issue.  For example, if you are watching a movie and use PocketAudio to play the soundtrack, you will notice the sound is played behind the video.

http://www.senstic.com/iphone/pocketaudio/pocketaudio.aspx

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

4 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

It seems there was an app for IOS to play PC sounds through your phone.

PocketAudio lets you use your iOS device as a wireless soundcard of your computer. PocketAudio automatically forwards audio captured or played on your computer to your iOS device.  You can use PocketAudio as a wireless headphones and/or wireless microphone for your computer.

PocketAudio (Headphones) can be used to play sound from any Windows or Mac applications.  Simply select PocketAudio as your computer's audio output device, and you can now use iOS device to listen to any sound played on the computer.  

PocketAudio (Microphone) can be used as an audio input device to Windows or Mac.  Speak to your iOS device, and use Windows or Mac to capture or record the audio.

*** Please note that there is network delay between the computer and iOS device.  Therefore, PocketAudio should not be used in situations where delay can be an issue.  For example, if you are watching a movie and use PocketAudio to play the soundtrack, you will notice the sound is played behind the video.

http://www.senstic.com/iphone/pocketaudio/pocketaudio.aspx

seen all those but been told a lot of them dont work. Anyone have first hand experience??

5 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

what is wrong with an adapter?  they don't cost very much.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32818637091.html

Also to put you in your place that adapter wont even work it doesnt send audio data.

only one made is one by anker which is lightning to usb c.

when somone says Dont ask questions as why not get an adapter im fully aware but this is my question i have my reasons. why do you fully ignore them??

2 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

seen all those but been told a lot of them dont work. Anyone have first hand experience??

also i also need it to transport mic data back to the pc

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

Also to put you in your place that adapter wont even work it doesnt send audio data.

when somone says Dont ask questions as why not get an adapter im fully aware but this is my question i have my reasons. why do you fully ignore them??

Look, people are just trying to help you out, if you're going to be a jerk to every single person that suggests something you don't like then don't post on an open forum asking for suggestions... what you're wanting done is just not a thing, with what you specifically need I'd say get a PC compatible headset, if the adapter is such a big deal to you the other option is to buy a headset or headphones compatible with the PC that don't use a non-standard mobile phone connector. There is no software that does what you want. You have the two options, adapter or new headset/headphones.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

24 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

to put down your put into place you said the headphone has a dac so it doesnt even need an audio signal

42 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

i said no adapters and i have my reason? Whats so hard to understand its just english?

Firstly stop being a dick. Secondly not every person here speaks English as a primary language. American English is the hardest language to learn. So yes, some people have a hard time understanding English. So stop being an inconsiderate sack of shit. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Firstly stop being a dick. Secondly not every person here speaks English as a primary language. American English is the hardest language to learn. So yes, some people have a hard time understanding English. So stop being an inconsiderate sack of shit. 

I'm just guessing he is still butt hurt from investing in headphones with a lightning connector and finding out how useful that was.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

8 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Look, people are just trying to help you out, if you're going to be a jerk to every single person that suggests something you don't like then don't post on an open forum asking for suggestions... what you're wanting done is just not a thing, with what you specifically need I'd say get a PC compatible headset, if the adapter is such a big deal to you the other option is to buy a headset or headphones compatible with the PC that don't use a non-standard mobile phone connector. There is no software that does what you want. You have the two options, adapter or new headset/headphones.

I, the op, asked a question. I said I can’t use adapters FOR A REASON.

And someone comes along sending pictures of adapters thst don’t even work.

im sorry I just hate when people do this.

your final part of your reply answers my question ‘there is no software that does this’.

8 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

to put down your put into place you said the headphone has a dac so it doesnt even need an audio signal

Headphone had a DAC so doesn’t need audio signal? Don’t think you read my question properly...

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Lol I’m getting cringed,

If you read a Question and there’s an entire few lines which you don’t understand of it, might be a good idea to go google translate it,

8 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

I'm just guessing he is still butt hurt from investing in headphones with a lightning connector and finding out how useful that was.

Headphones are EL8 Titanium’s I’ve had for a year now and I’m currently on business trip so no chance of me buying adapters etc. I’m in the middle of Africa for 2 months so you know...

sucks here

4 hours ago, The Torrent said:

Lol I’m getting cringed,

If you read a Question and there’s an entire few lines which you don’t understand of it, might be a good idea to go google translate it,

First of all Im an American, English and Bad English are my first two languages. What YOU refused to understand is Linus has WORLD WIDE fans. Meaning they dont all speak English. Being a Jack ass makes it less likely that you will get help. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, The Torrent said:

I, the op, asked a question. I said I can’t use adapters FOR A REASON.

And someone comes along sending pictures of adapters thst don’t even work.

im sorry I just hate when people do this.

your final part of your reply answers my question ‘there is no software that does this’.

you can choose to ignore it instead of choosing to be an asshole

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

you can choose to ignore it instead of choosing to be an asshole

Sorry bad experiences and I was in a agitable mood. Apologies

end of topic no further replies needed.