Why i can overclock so high?

Exaco

Hey guys, i have this set of RAM and B450 Pro4, so basically i went to BIOS and chose the XMP and then i have lots of preset options, so i've tried to OC by a bit going up and went to 3800Mhz, but it still didn't crashed or anything, ofcourse im not using that high right now, just settled on 3200, is that even normal ? Because i see ppl struggling to get +200mhz with even various RAM calculators.
Or simply RAM stability testing needs alot of time?

Also does too low or too high RAM speeds affect CPU OC stability?

Run MemTest86 for a day or so and you'll see how stable that OC is(n't).

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

@exaco Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C16 are rated to run @3000mhz  with DOCP (intel xmp) so 3200 mhz is ok. Calculators are used to improve memory timings as ryzen processors benefit from tighter timings.I can pretty much guarantee 3800mhz would never be stable with ryzen 5 2600 .No matter what memory you would use,even sticks rated to run @4000mhz wouldn't do it as second gen ryzen memory controller just cant handle it. Your memory is capable of 3200mhz but without manual tuning you have 50/50 chance it is going to be stable.

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM:32GB@3400mhz  4x8GB Corsair vegeance pro RGB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Sapphire Rx5700 XT nitro+ || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm500 1tb || Corsair M65 elite & Corsair platinum K95 || 2x Acer ed323 qura 1440p@144hz + Samsung c27fg70 1080@144hz.tb

3 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Run MemTest86 for a day or so and you'll see how stable that OC is(n't).

That's the reason why i probs will never figure it out.
That would be like half week of not using the PC by checking all the clocks.

On 9/21/2019 at 9:39 AM, Xcoool said:

Your memory is capable of 3200mhz but without manual tuning you have 50/50 chance it is going to be stable.

3866Mhz, runs no problem without manual tweaking @ 1.35v DRAM but there was some booting issues with the 3.86Ghz, it started only in few cycles, MemTest86 didn't showed any errors in like 1pass, but it's overkill anyway. Isn't MemTest supposted to drop errors pretty much instantly in such case?
P.S. Im running 3400Mhz for like a two weeks now, it wasn't 3200 my bad ( used 3200 before ).