I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James
3 hours ago, DurlRick said:

From what i know, this contest is only for those who have a bad computer or laptop. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Well yea, but defining "bad pc" is a pretty personal question

I think the message that I tried to express is more important than winning

Hi my name is Gabriel and i just wanna share the video that i did for the #ROGRigReboot19 and as i said maybe i could inspire other people to don't give up to reach their goals and doesn't matter how bad is the situation with hard work you will get there eventually.
Read the description of the video if you dont understand the meaning it was kinda hard to make it in 1 min.

9 hours ago, Kloverton said:

Hey Guys. I Made a video. But the problem is that my actual PC doesn't suck. I used my old Netbook for the video. 

But the prize for the best video is jugged by the idea, visuals and humor right? Or does it still comes down to how much your PC sucks?

I would personally say that it comes down to the "best" system you own. For example, if one has an old Inspiron laying on the shelf and uses that as an entry while one actually has a, let's say Ryzen or Coffee Lake system with an RTX card as the main rig, I would not consider that entry as a serious contender since the main rig does not need a reboot and there are other contenders who would "need/appreciate" an upgrade. I could have used an old T43 ThinkPad for example which probably "outshines" every system in the contest performance-wise. Try your luck if you want though. 

Sorry, I missclicked quote instead of edit. Ignore the double post.
Please delete this post if possible.

18 minutes ago, Funkerberg said:

I would personally say that it comes down to the "best" system you own. For example, if one has an old Inspiron laying on the shelf and uses that as an entry while one actually has a, let's say Ryzen or Coffee Lake system with an RTX card as the main rig, I would not consider that entry as a serious contender since the main rig does not need a reboot and there are other contenders who would "need/appreciate" an upgrade. I could have used an old T43 ThinkPad for example which probably "outshines" every system in the contest performance-wise. Try your luck if you want though. 

What @techi and @Funkerberg said. @Kloverton, You should try submitting it just in case.

Umm if i win this competition(ps which will never happen ) can i choose a the time to come linus media group .

52 minutes ago, PRASANTH 2 said:

Umm if i win this competition(ps which will never happen ) can i choose a the time to come linus media group .

I feel your pain. I know I won’t win either

Tried to submit the video  through the link. Pasted youtube video link, it asked me to prove that i'm a human, i clicked it, and it took me back to main page, and it says I have NONE Entries... Any fix to this? 

My friend is the one entering, but I posted the video on YouTube. Is that acceptable?

3 hours ago, PRASANTH 2 said:

We work with the winners to coordinate and schedule a time.

Hello, for those who reside outside the United States and Canada the video of the contest has to be in the language of the province or in English ...
Thank you.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:07 AM, Caroline said:

I have a singlecore Sempron, 1 gig memory and no graphics card. You have no power here.

Dude i am talking about those who saying : ''My PC sucks i have an intel core i5 and a gtx1070 i need a 2080ti so bad ......... and all this stupid shit ....... i also mention to appreciate what u have and i do so u have no point on ur answer

Regrettably I'm too under the weather to travel abroad right now, even if I were to win the contest.

Perhaps I can enter if you do it again next year.

Submitting is still open till tomorrow or did it just end now it just passed 12 pm here so i wanted to ask because the video said 7 days

Woah, there's nearly 2000 entries.

It's crazy to think if you had everyone at LMG reviewing the entries you could get through them in around 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, L_user said:

so we still have 4 days ?

Yep, I've only got 15 seconds done of my vid but Imma try and make it as short as possible

Sorry if this is spam, but here is my ROG Rig Reboot entry! Let me know what you guys think! Also, I'll support yours if you support mine :)

23 minutes ago, Auver said:

Sorry if this is spam, but here is my ROG Rig Reboot entry! Let me know what you guys think! Also, I'll support yours if you support mine :)

Am gonna check it out but just to be clear i don't think it's views or likes that will decide the winner it's up to them

1 minute ago, L_user said:

Am gonna check it out but just to be clear i don't think it's views or likes that will decide the winner it's up to them

But of course, to be honest, I simply just want my hard work to not go unnoticed :P

I am new to the forum. So I hope I did this right in regards to guidelines here in the forum etc ? I think this competition was a lot of fun, also there was a lot of creative videos submitted. Looked a little on YouTube for them ? for those of you who asked if it is OK to submitt your entry via phone. I bet it is perfectly ok. LTT and co probably know how to freshen the video up a bit if you vin ? I am just thankfull they finaly included International gamers ? have been envyus of US entrys in these types of competitions for years ?? massdrop is also finaly comming to EU I think so we also can buy other cool stuff without redicoilously high VATs..(Toll charges) ofc we still have to sell or cidneys and vin lottery tickets to afford anything but hey, there is at least a chance if you save for a cople of years ? Good luck everyone. I Hope they keep including International entries in the future also ?      PS: Guys! I submitted my entry on my laptop and got the usual 1 entry, and felt happy about it going smooth, but when I checked the link again on my phone just now.. it said i did NOT have an entry. So I submitted my exact same entry link again on phone and it thankfully now says 1 entry as it should ? so dobbel check your entries guys! So you know it is in order ?

On 9/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, Osysy said:

how do i post the video

Hey Osysy. You must first upload your video file that you vant to send to a YouTube account. Remember to make the video to shared not private in YouTube and then copy your individual videolink (on the share page I think) and paste it in the linkbox in the sumbittion page. You can find that in the offical contest videos description. Hope that helped ? good luck 

13 hours ago, Kloverton said:

Tried to submit the video  through the link. Pasted youtube video link, it asked me to prove that i'm a human, i clicked it, and it took me back to main page, and it says I have NONE Entries... Any fix to this? 

Try providing the same entry link from your phone. I had a simular problem, but it now thankfully says 1 entry as it should. Hope that helped ?