Need advice of what to buy

Hello i have a budget of a 1000 dollars for a school laptop, and i was wondering if its better to get an old leonovi x1 carbon(2016) or if I should buy a less premium but newer one. 

That is great idea, just get some 2-3 years old premium laptop, carbon, xps, mb pro and use, even dell latitude is fine. You will be pleased with quality and performance as for laptop is really great.

i would said Carbon X1. Dell xps is kinda not sturdy the build. MacBook to expensive for me and the Butterfly Key sometimes get damaged by dust. 

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

An X1 Carbon's a good choice. If you want new, there's the T495. The Ryzen 5 model with 512 GB SSD is currently going for $900 on Lenovo's site. Pop in an 8 GB stick of RAM (about $40 on Amazon) for dual channel and you have a very solid performer.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, James Evens said:

What do you expect?

performance, display, battery runtime, etc.

Idk, mostly just for it to still be a good pc in a couple of years. Meaning it can run all the programs required in school

On 9/11/2019 at 8:22 PM, panzersharkcat said:

An X1 Carbon's a good choice. If you want new, there's the T495. The Ryzen 5 model with 512 GB SSD is currently going for $900 on Lenovo's site. Pop in an 8 GB stick of RAM (about $40 on Amazon) for dual channel and you have a very solid performer.

Thanks sounds like a good option

On 9/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, Wolfycapt said:

i would said Carbon X1. Dell xps is kinda not sturdy the build. MacBook to expensive for me and the Butterfly Key sometimes get damaged by dust. 

Thanks ill take it into consideration 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:23 PM, wojtepanik said:

That is great idea, just get some 2-3 years old premium laptop, carbon, xps, mb pro and use, even dell latitude is fine. You will be pleased with quality and performance as for laptop is really great.

Thanks, and do you think that it will remain a good computer, meaning it wont stop being able to run programs