Give me reasons why I shouldn't go to console gaming

grangervoldemort
11 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

YES...

Bump up the resolution to 1440p or 4K and it will still run higher than 24-30 fps...

This video is in full on Ultra. Customize the graphics settings and you'll get much better fps. Another advantage PC has vs a console. And this is a 2019 game.

Have fun gaming at 24 fps with the microstuttering. If you're happy with those results on the games you play, I say have at it.

On the other hand, if you demand at least 60 fps @ 1080, 1440 settings and have money to spend...consoles are not for you.

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Not quite sure what your point is. Yes, a high-end PC is going to trump a console in terms of performance...

It's a $300 PC running at 4K.

Just now, Intransigent said:

It's a $300 PC running at 4K.

I misread your post. Please see edit.

23 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

YES...

Prob best to use 1440p values, not a 4K video, some users don't k ow how to translate it to 1080-1440p numbers..

Even tho the PS4PRO has 1080p max games too, let's stick with typical 1440p 30hz capable settings/class hardware videos.

Also..to note

No game matches another.

Ps4Pro may be 1080p, 1440p, 1600p or anything between above and beyond.

Dynamic Resolution keeps it lasting longer but even still.. 1440p 30hz isn't exactly SUPER demanding for Medium Presets on Hardware.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

What did I just say? Tweak the graphic settings so it will not do that. That video is in full on Ultra. Full on Ultra is for quakers. As for 24 fps with micro-stuttering, leave that to console to achieve.

Consoles are not for me period. They're too laggy. Too unclear. Too unsmooth. Too choppy.

Anyways, sure turn down the settings to low to get  30 fps...it will look like crap compared to a lot of console games. 

spend an extra few hundred dollars and you'll have a PC that will wipe the floor with consoles.

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

Anyways, sure turn down the settings to low to get  30 fps...it will look like crap compared to some console games.

I'm beginning to question your reading ability...

"And when I mention customizing graphic settings, I don't mean turn them all down. I mean bumping down the fps killing ones that do little to nothing to visual fidelity and leave up the ones that have everything to do with visual fidelity."

6 minutes ago, steelo said:

Anyways, sure turn down the settings to low to get  30 fps...it will look like crap compared to some console games. 

Something clearly stated by someone who doesn't get how scalability works in most games on PC.

Ultra to low in some games (still at 4K) can double the framerates.

Not even going that far..

Ditch 4K, use 1440p, High settings for 60fps at 1440p as an example from the 4K Ultra video numbers.

Many people underestimate NATIVE 4K (not Dynamic) requirements.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

8 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

II'm beginning to question your reading ability...

"And when I mention customizing graphic settings, I don't mean turn them all down. I mean bumping down the fps killing ones that do little to nothing to visual fidelity and leave up the ones that have everything to do with visual fidelity."

Best of luck playing the Witcher 3 or tomb raider at 30 fps on a $300 PC and have it look nearly as good as on a console ?

You seem convinced that I'm favoring one platform over the other. As I've already mentioned (I believe, 4 times now) both have their advantages. Consoles are a 'cheap' means to get into gaming and are almost guaranteed to 'just work' PC's require a bit more cost and technical knowledge but can offer superior performance.

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

Best of luck playing the Witcher 3 or tomb raider at 30 fps and have it look nearly as good as on a console ?

That's so easy to do tho...

Medium settings 30fps

The RX460 sub$60 GPU can do that.

RX 470-570 sub$100 can do that at 1440p 30hz,.Using Higher settings than the Consoles do.

Clearly you don't know where to find or look up what it takes on PC hardware for Console equivalence in Games.

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

That's so easy to do tho...

Medium settings 30fps

The RX460 sub$60 GPU can do that.

RX 470-570 sub$100 can do that at 1440p 30hz,.Using Higher settings than the Consoles do.

Too bad you can't just run a game with only a video card...

Sorry but a $250 PC with an Athlon is not going to run games as well as consoles.

5 minutes ago, steelo said:

Too bad you can't just run a game with only a video card...

With $150-250 left its not hard.

It's like you don't read anything at all...

You say Athlon, your so misinformed on what's actually available and good to use, what's recommended and explained in detail all over the forum, and others..

Already explained previously to blind eyes.

Picking up a whole platform, CPU capable of 60fps-120fps depending on game complexity (like your PS5, only 8 years beforehand) with a low-end and midrange GPU, new or used.

$250-300 and 1440p 30hz High settings.

So ermm can we get back to my OP?

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

6 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

With $150-250 left its not hard.

Already explained previously to blind eyes.

You mean $150-$180 left to account for a hard drive, MB, CPU, RAM, a case, keyboard, mouse and a PS.

I'm starting to believe you may also be math deficient.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

You mean $150-$180 left to account for a hard drive, MB, CPU, RAM and a PS.

Again.. you've NEVER looked have you.

It's quite amazing you could have already googled these instead of replying.

Yes.

A WHOLE PC, working, with Windows,.. then you get a GPU for it (already explained)

Combine them.

Do whatever..Games,.. Win10 is free, DX12 enabled, among the other benefits it will bring to your life.

8 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Wtf is Chad?

Wrong dude means you've got the wrong dude to volunteer for something like that.

Bump it up to 4K, still gonna get above the fps on that of a console. And this is with a measly 1050 ti.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

For $250 as I stated earlier? (the relative cost of a console)

I think not.

This topic is a prime example of why religious debates aren't allowed on here.

This topic has gone way off the rails, and is now locked.

HTTP/2 203