IP camera for video conference?

IAmAndre

Hi,

I have an important video call on Monday morning and my webcam died yesterday. Unfortunately I won't be able to replace it until next week. I just tested Droidcam, which is an Android app with a Windows client that allows you to use your phone camera as a webcam and I'm getting a pretty decent result. Now the problem is that all the traffic goes through WiFi and while the result is good so far I don't know how reliable it can be. My other option would be to find a cheap potato webcam until I buy a decent one next week so I'm not sure what to do. Would you recommend using a wireless camera for an important call or use a low-quality USB one?

Thanks

Honestly if its an important call i would just go and get a low-quality USB web cam at a local electronics store.  Its reliable and you wont have to worry about interruptions like battery dying or a phone call coming through. Simple is best. 

On 9/3/2019 at 12:34 AM, thelaughingbiker said:

Honestly if its an important call i would just go and get a low-quality USB web cam at a local electronics store.  Its reliable and you wont have to worry about interruptions like battery dying or a phone call coming through. Simple is best. 

I actually went for the wifi solution and it went surprisingly well.