[Updated] Status Update Not Appearing on Profile But Appears in Activity

jiyeon
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I've figured out the issue, and have fixed it here as well as reporting it to IPS, so status updates shouldn't disappear in future. It took me quite a while to find the right place to look there.

If your status updates aren't visible at the moment, edit your profile and click save (you don't need to actually change anything), then refresh the page and they will reappear. I have done this to @sowon already.

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue where my newest, freshest status update is not appearing.

Here's what my profile looks like without the new status update:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.29967d1590f2325bed3e89cff887dc7d.png

I definitely posted it because it shows up in my 'content' tab:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.52b4a518d11bfd618c412b54544e037e.png

Any help would be appreciated as I really wanted this particular status update to show publically.

UPDATE:

The status update is now warping. See latest comment for details.

Edited by sowon
Original issue was fixed - new issue arose

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

And here I thought you had just gotten bored of keyboards. /s

Wonder if it has to do with the re-indexing that was done yesterday to address search issues.

It shows up for me, both on the front page and on your profile. :) Cool keyboard, by the way. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

It shows up for me, both on the front page and on your profile. :) Cool keyboard, by the way. :)

Can you show me a screenshot of it on my profile? And not in the 'show status updates' tab.

Thanks! :)

2 minutes ago, sowon said:

Can you show me a screenshot of it on my profile? And not in the 'show status updates' tab.

Thanks! :)

Sure!

qZrBjkB.png

Thanks for reminding me I still need to install puu.sh or similar. :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

image.thumb.png.8262703a6e69c9dfba326bc372ea3da6.png

Absent for me.

The plot thickens.

i had this problem yesterday, but i was too tired to notice or care. 

i had it on the latest Chrome on WIndows 10. 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Absent for me.

The plot thickens.

Uh wow lol it just didn't show up for me ONCE, and does show up for me now every time... (even on incognito) that makes no sense at all I'd say lol

EDIT: it could also be that I'm not seeing things, after all, I'm getting older too... :P

Sometimes it doesn't appear when you've just posted your status update, refreshing usually fixes it, for me at least.

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Sometimes it doesn't appear when you've just posted your status update, refreshing usually fixes it, for me at least.

This is the one instance this has happened and the status update was posted well over half an hour ago.

Just now, sowon said:

This is the one instance this has happened and the status update was posted well over half an hour ago.

Status update machine broke.

I remember looking for that status update when it was mentioned elsewhere and couldn't find it on your main profile page so I thought it might have been an earlier thread that I missed.

I didn't look into it since I'm at work and had things to get back to, but going back to your profile page and it's now showing.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Shows up for me now as well.

It was missing before.

It's possible that it was something weird with the search index. Did you edit the status at any point?

Also, please anyone who experiences this again, please let me know (in this topic or otherwise) asap so that I can look into it while it's still an issue.

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is it still not showing up for you?

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

I didn't look into it since I'm at work and had things to get back to, but going back to your profile page and it's now showing.

It's now showing up on my main page of my profile. I just got back from the cinema so wasn't able to check earlier.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.00458034e4ddabf37b673d35cd244a00.png

52 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Did you edit the status at any point?

No edits, straight post and submit. It didn't appear at first so I refreshed my page though.

UPDATE:

It appears my status update is getting warped, as per @Den-Fi backing me up on this one.

Spoiler

F3B65FB4-4E3A-41C6-BD7A-249AF59DA716.thumb.jpeg.46dc6180c68d6b57af22769388d830ea.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a0ac673963897dbbb3f38431bef79a5b.png

The image is 1000px as per usual with all of my status update images, and this is the only one that's getting warped.

I am having a hard time with this status update, aren't I?

annnnnd it's gone again.

Visible if I go to See their activity > Status Updates

@colonel_mortis It happened once more earlier this evening.

What my page looks like:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5db5fc0a3033721dfb39ae6f3019682f.png

What my status updates tab shows:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.49f965b2b83869b1cc97b42b226825e7.png

I honestly can't tell if it's just my end anymore.

Status update was posted 26 minutes ago from when this post was published.

When I go to other people's profiles, I can't see their status updates in their activity feed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I can depending on who, but I do not see s owo n's status update

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

11 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

When I go to other people's profiles, I can't see their status updates in their activity feed.

11 hours ago, givingtnt said:

I can depending on who, but I do not see s owo n's status update

The forum clearly just doesn't like my keyboard lubing updates, does it? Both updates are back up and showing on my end now.

I've made some minor tweaks, but I'm not really expecting them to have an effect (and it won't cause statuses that are already missing to reappear). I'm very confused about what could be causing this, because the statuses are just not in the search index (which is used for profiles and the status update activity stream), but there's nothing that I can see that could cause them to not appear.

I do have one more idea for what may be involved, but I can't really check that without a reasonable amount of prep work. I am doing that, because it needs to be done at some point anyway, but I don't know when it will be ready.

Commenting on or editing a status should force it to be reindexed, so it will show up again.

Please do continue to link me here to statuses that have issues, and whether it showed up then disappeared, wasn't there at all, etc.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Please do continue to link me here to statuses that have issues, and whether it showed up then disappeared, wasn't there at all, etc.

Will do, I post status updates quite frequently and it was only my most recent two that this occurred so I'll keep an eye out. I also didn't edit my two most recent statuses, and only ever refreshed the page every ten minutes or so to check.

For additional information, here are the usual specs that I have when posting status updates:

• Google Chrome Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • AdBlock Plus disabled for Linus Tech Tips Forum
  • Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • Images I post in status updates are downloaded from Google Drive and re-sized to 1000px

No statuses seem to have disappeared out of the top 25 (that is, the most recent 25 statuses are all showing up on the status updates feed), so I'm tentatively considering this to be resolved. If it happens again, please do let me know.

HTTP/2 203