[Updated] Status Update Not Appearing on Profile But Appears in Activity

jiyeon
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I've figured out the issue, and have fixed it here as well as reporting it to IPS, so status updates shouldn't disappear in future. It took me quite a while to find the right place to look there.

If your status updates aren't visible at the moment, edit your profile and click save (you don't need to actually change anything), then refresh the page and they will reappear. I have done this to @sowon already.

Just quickly, is there any update to what's causing the warping as mentioned above, @colonel_mortis?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ffcc4b452b14a38a99f373653f929941.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b86914d42cca49ce0bd3193eb958648b.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2f51e0ca002060f45c4c6a6792be8244.png

This has only happened to 3 of 4 of my most recent updates which include images.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Just now, sowon said:

Just quickly, is there any update to what's causing the warping as mentioned above, @colonel_mortis?

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.ffcc4b452b14a38a99f373653f929941.png

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.b86914d42cca49ce0bd3193eb958648b.png

Reveal hidden contents

This has only happened to 3 of 4 of my most recent updates which include images.

Can you post that as a separate topic please, otherwise it will get confusing if the disappearing statuses issue reappears.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Can you post that as a separate topic please, otherwise it will get confusing if the disappearing statuses issue reappears.

I did before but it got merged, but I will make a new topic for this warping issue.

8 minutes ago, sowon said:

I did before but it got merged, but I will make a new topic for this warping issue.

The topic that was merged was still about the statuses not appearing on the profile, wasn't it? If not then that was my mistake, sorry.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

The topic that was merged was still about the statuses not appearing on the profile, wasn't it? If not then that was my mistake, sorry.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:37 AM, sowon said:

It appears my status update is getting warped, as per @Den-Fi backing me up on this one.

Reveal hidden contents

F3B65FB4-4E3A-41C6-BD7A-249AF59DA716.thumb.jpeg.46dc6180c68d6b57af22769388d830ea.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.a0ac673963897dbbb3f38431bef79a5b.png

The image is 1000px as per usual with all of my status update images, and this is the only one that's getting warped.

I am having a hard time with this status update, aren't I?

It was probably my wording.

@colonel_mortis It happened once more.

My status update which was posted 4 hours ago isn't displaying anymore on my main profile page, I know because I definitely complained about not posting the image earlier in the day.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1c309e98a5c0ff62f8f1b263ddb4919e.png

Showing up on my status updates page:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.71f13de0dcdc5f93333c855b4f589c85.png

@colonel_mortis It appears to be quite an on-and-off issue with my status updates not appearing.

I posted once about 10 minutes ago and this one too is also absent.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.331ae1088cde488e8398d90fd91ad051.png

And as per usual, it's showing on my activity tab:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0be4b13370b2264aa8da6b5ae6146439.png

Using those examples, I've managed to see exactly what's wrong in the database that is causing the statuses to disappear, but I have spent quite a while trying to figure out what could possibly cause that to happen. I will have another look tomorrow, and turn it over to IPS as it is if I can't find anything, but it is really weird. 544 of 556 status updates that you have posted are affected.

To help me rule stuff out here, have you edited your profile recently? If so, what did you change and when?

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Using those examples, I've managed to see exactly what's wrong in the database that is causing the statuses to disappear, but I have spent quite a while trying to figure out what could possibly cause that to happen. I will have another look tomorrow, and turn it over to IPS as it is if I can't find anything, but it is really weird. 544 of 556 status updates that you have posted are affected.

To help me rule stuff out here, have you edited your profile recently? If so, what did you change and when?

Oh man, so I've been posting affected statuses since I joined, pretty much.

Recent edits I've made to my profile include:

• Profile picture - less than a week ago, frequency about 1-2 month(s) per change
  • Name change - less than a month ago
  • Cover photo - less than a week ago, frequency about 1 month per change
  • Member Title - less than a month ago, before that, about 3-4 months ago
  • System - less than a month ago
  • About Me - changes weekly
  • Albums - add images to album regularly

I change my profile picture, cover photo, and About Me parts quite often, other than those three, I don't change anything that often.

If it's any good extra information, I tend to post my status updates and after about 2-5 seconds, leave the page whether it's refresh or click off.

I have always posted my status updates on my PC or laptop through Chrome browser, on the same Wi-Fi network.

9 hours ago, sowon said:

Oh man, so I've been posting affected statuses since I joined, pretty much.

I'm fairly sure that this is a recent issue, so the old statuses have become broken recently but were fine at the time.

HTTP/2 203

I've figured out the issue, and have fixed it here as well as reporting it to IPS, so status updates shouldn't disappear in future. It took me quite a while to find the right place to look there.

If your status updates aren't visible at the moment, edit your profile and click save (you don't need to actually change anything), then refresh the page and they will reappear. I have done this to @sowon already.

HTTP/2 203