Which source of video input is best for a 4K TV?

dgsddfgdfhgs

Just ordered 55" samsung ru 7100, so I got plenty stuff awaiting on the queue, mostly 1080p (mp4/mkv etc)

Which source of video input is best for a 4K TV for best experience?

- play though USB directly (I experience sound latency for some old TV..)

- HDMI from PC @ 1080p resolution

- HDMI / DPfrom PC @ 4K resolution playing 1080p content

- browse from TV OS to search for home network content..?

The best experience on a 4K TV is going to be native 4K content. Native resolution content will always be better than upscaling lower resolution content.

That being the case, get a 4K Bluray player, and watch 4K streams from online sources. Aside from gaming, that's about the best way to take advantage of the 4K resolution of your screen.

hdmi or display port at 1080p or 4k

make sure the monitor input is configured for pc input (full rgb or ycbcr 4:4:4 , unlimited colors)

You can configure from your video card driver to upscale to 4k anything, so you can play at 1080p and the video card sends 4K by resizing the image as a final step before it comes out the cable... it's option in the control center / whatever it's called these days.

So you can play and test without this option and see how good the tv is at resizing the image by itself, or you can enable that and always output 4K.

HDMI from a PC

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ok from one samsung 7100 owner to another
hdmi from pc to tv, the only reason to use a dp to hdmi adapter is if your video card doesnt have hdmi 2.0

now win 10 and hdr SUCKS with this tv...sdr looks WAY better, its the tv.......hdr thou with the built in apps or roku looks awesome, but you will need to adjust settings on the tv because of the soap opera effect
720p and up videos look good, once you go lower in video quality you will notice

On 8/27/2019 at 3:45 AM, circeseye said:

720p and up videos look good, once you go lower in video quality you will notice

That would be the reason I wont buy a 4K TV. Most of my content is DVD quality. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.