My Ducky one 2 mini the clicking help me ASAP

Gzeus

I have bought the keyboard a while back (like 1 month ago) it has cherry MX blue switches but they have become so loud it's actually annoying. I know they are loud switches but this is absolutely tooo loud. At night when Im on computer typing everyone can hear it. Plz help me I need to dampen the sound and are O-rings going to make a difference. 

8 minutes ago, Gzeus said:

I need to dampen the sound and are O-rings going to make a difference. 

No. O-rings are going to barely make a difference with Blue switches due to the click jacket generating the harsh clicky noise, O-rings simply suppress the clack at the bottom-out.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

so there is no way of making them quieter. because right now it makes a lot of noise for no reason and the keyboard makes it crap.

23 minutes ago, Gzeus said:

so there is no way of making them quieter. because right now it makes a lot of noise for no reason and the keyboard makes it crap.

No, at least not significantly. They make a lot of noise because they are designed like that, mx blues are clicky and tactile, they are loud as fuck by design. If you wanted quiet or at least quieter switches you should have done more research, or tried the switches in some store. Also, they did not become louder after some use, that does not happen, they were loud from the start.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

O rings will not stop the click and will make the switches feel like shit. 
Only way to stop the clicking is to lube the switches but then that will make it feel more shit. 

Honestly that is just the nature of a blue switch, it's made to be clicky and tactile unfortunately. If you like the feel and force required for blue switches then I recommend trying out a Cherry MX Brown switch keyboard. It has the same tactile feel but it is not nearly as loud as a blue switch.

In regards to the board, as long as it's all working as normal you could try sell it on eBay or even return it if wherever you bought it from has the returns policy to allow you to return it.

8 minutes ago, Flerken said:

It has the same tactile feel

It does not have the same tactile feel.

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

It does not have the same tactile feel.

Brown switches are tactile, not linear.

6 minutes ago, Flerken said:

Brown switches are tactile, not linear.

I know that, you said that blue and brown have the same tactility, and they don't. Both switches are tactile, but in browns the tactile bump is tiny. That's not the case with blues.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

5 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I know that, you said that blue and brown have the same tactility, and they don't.

I will say I've only had experience with 1 brown switch keyboard and it felt very similar to my Ducky One 2018 model which has blues.

1 minute ago, Flerken said:

I will say I've only had experience with 1 brown switch keyboard and it felt very similar to my Ducky One 2018 model which has blues.

Maybe I'm mistaken somehow, but to me the tactility of browns are nowhere near tactility of blues. @geo3 Does blues have the same tactility as mx brown? To me, it's not, am I wrong? Maybe it's just me?

5 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Maybe I'm mistaken somehow, but to me the tactility of browns are nowhere near tactility of blues. @geo3 Does blues have the same tactility as mx brown? To me, it's not, am I wrong? Maybe it's just me?

Blues are significantly more tactile. Browns have a 10g drop off over about .9mm of travel. Blues have 15+g of drop off in about .4mm

5 hours ago, Flerken said:

If you like the feel and force required for blue switches then I recommend trying out a Cherry MX Brown switch keyboard

MX Clear would be a closer match in terms of feel.