PC Build High-ended VR

(Sorry for spelling mistakes english is not my first language)

1. Budget & Location

2000-2500 euro | Belgium

2. Aim

High end gaming vr

3. Monitors

2x monitors 1440p 144hz 1ms

4. Peripherals

My monitors,keyboard,mouse etc do not need to be included in here

5. Why are you upgrading?

My old computer is getting really old and i saved up for a new one. 

Extra Info + Question

I posted a build yesterday with intel only. Now the people reacted if i would be open to a ryzen build and made some examples, now i did some research and this is what i found out about the 9900K vs 3900X.

The 9900K still delivers a small amount more FPS at 1440p compared to the 3900X. But the 3900X is a good bit better then the 9900K in doing multiple tasks. And it is also more recent.

So wich one would be best for how i use my computer?

I play games a lot in my free time and i also leave multiple games open at a time (example an mmo were you can make money afk). I also always have youtube, twitch, netflix, spotify etc. open on my second screen. Also i sometimes tend to record and make a video of my gameplay but this is not the main goal of my pc im doing that just for fun at the side.

Suggestions for a power supply.

While i was looking for a power supply i wanted to go for 650W (i think this is enough but i am not sure) only problem is the only PSU's of 650W i found only had one EPS where as i need 2. I would like to have some advice here as well.

Note

I am not looking for better alternatives for components because they have a better price/performance rate i am aware of that. I just need some advice on the pros and cons about going for amd or intel.

All tips and info would be greatly appreciated

The Intel Build

The AMD Build

Considering your habbit of leaving multiple games running at the same time - that would make the 3900X a noticeably better option - it has 50% more cores and will handle the multi-tasking much better. Not to mention it will run cooler than the 9900K (this is well known but the i9 is a space heater). The X570 Aorus Master is also a MUCH better board than the Z390 Aorus Master - they have the same name but the X570 one has better VRMs, PCie 4.0 and higher overall build quality.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Considering your habbit of leaving multiple games running at the same time - that would make the 3900X a noticeably better option - it has 50% more cores and will handle the multi-tasking much better. Not to mention it will run cooler than the 9900K (this is well known but the i9 is a space heater). The X570 Aorus Master is also a MUCH better board than the Z390 Aorus Master - they have the same name but the X570 one has better VRMs, PCie 4.0 and higher overall build quality.

So in the long run the 3900X would be better im also lookin gto overclock it. PS. do you have some advice on the psu?

5 minutes ago, arnekick said:

So in the long run the 3900X would be better im also lookin gto overclock it. PS. do you have some advice on the psu?

Yes, the 3900X is better investment and potentially offers upgrade paths to Zen3 next year (still not confirmed, though). The 3900X will perform better if you just enable PBO and let the chip do its thing - what you're better off doing is tightening memory timings and getting DDR4 3600 with a cheaper X570 board (yours is beyond overkill)

As for the PSU - the SeaSonic Snow Silent or Prime Platinum would be my choice. But a Corsair AXi, Super Flower Leadex Platinum or Antec High Current Platinum are also exceptionally good units. All you need is 550-600W for your build

Also - ditch the mechanical HDD - it's not worth it - get a 2TB SATA III SSD instead.

13 minutes ago, arnekick said:

the only PSU's of 650W i found only had one EPS where as i need 2

any motherboard with an extra 4 pin or 8 pin EPS connector does not need it, it will work with the standard 8 pins only. Keep in mind that's good for above 350w watts and a heavily overclocked Ryzen 9 3900X would struggle to go above 200 watts (That's 12 cores!)

8 minutes ago, arnekick said:

do you have some advice on the psu?

650 watts would be a good choice for quieter fan operation but you'd be able to run it on a 550 watt PSU no problem. The Bitfenix formula gold is a really good PSU, not modular so if you want to clean up your cables more the Whisper M is a great selection.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Yes, the 3900X is better investment and potentially offers upgrade paths to Zen3 next year (still not confirmed, though). The 3900X will perform better if you just enable PBO and let the chip do its thing - what you're better off doing is tightening memory timings and getting DDR4 3600 with a cheaper X570 board (yours is beyond overkill)

Sorry for not knowing this but what is PBO im new to the building scene still have to learn a lot + what board would you get instead?

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

any motherboard with an extra 4 pin or 8 pin EPS connector does not need it, it will work with the standard 8 pins only. Keep in mind that's good for above 350w watts and a heavily overclocked Ryzen 9 3900X would struggle to go above 200 watts (That's 12 cores!)

650 watts would be a good choice for quieter fan operation but you'd be able to run it on a 550 watt PSU no problem. The Bitfenix formula gold is a really good PSU, not modular so if you want to clean up your cables more the Whisper M is a great selection.

Ok thank you for the info

8 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Sorry for not knowing this but what is PBO im new to the building scene still have to learn a lot + what board would you get instead?

Precision Boost Overdrive - it's AMD's advanced auto-overclocking utility - it usually does a better job than manual overclocking unless you're on LN2

24 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Also - ditch the mechanical HDD - it's not worth it - get a 2TB SATA III SSD instead.

You wanna give them the additional ~$175 to get the cheapest 2TB SSD compared to a 2TB HDD?

A sane person would tell them they should ditch the 4TB drive they chose for this much cheaper and just as good drive. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dWkD4D/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hus724040ale640

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, flibberdipper said:

You wanna give them the additional ~$175 to get the cheapest 2TB SSD compared to a 2TB HDD?

I'm telling him to swap the 4TB HDD for a 2TB SSD - prices are similar.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I'm telling him to swap the 4TB HDD for a 2TB SSD - prices are similar.

Ah yes, half the storage for the same price because *insert illogical hatred towards HDD's*.

Sane people would tell them they should ditch the drive they chose in favor of this one because it's cheaper and nearly as good as said drive. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dWkD4D/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hus724040ale640

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, flibberdipper said:

Ah yes, half the storage for the same price because *insert illogical hatred towards HDD's*.

Sane people would tell them they should ditch the drive they chose in favor of this one because it's cheaper and nearly as good as the one they chose. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dWkD4D/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hus724040ale640

Thanks for calling me insane, I appreciate the insult

If you're done being immature, can you consider that SATA SSDs are 5-6 times faster AND VASTLY more reliable and durable than HDDs?

Just now, 5x5 said:

If you're done being immature, can you consider that SATA SSDs are 5-6 times faster AND VASTLY more reliable and durable than HDDs?

And if you could use basic reasoning, maybe you could consider that they chose a 4TB drive for a reason, and that if it's to be used as a game drive, the speed difference between the two does not warrant cutting capacity in half.

Try again.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Don't forget that SSDs are also VASTLY more expensive 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, flibberdipper said:

And if you could use basic reasoning, maybe you could consider that they chose a 4TB drive for a reason, and that if it's to be used as a game drive, the speed difference between the two does not warrant cutting capacity in half.

Try again.

Perhaps if you weren't so focused on attacking people, you'd consider that the OP may simply be following the "SSD + HDD" style without considering the option for full solid state storage. Besides, what games need 4TB exactly?

Just now, Damascus said:

Don't forget that SSDs are also VASTLY more expensive 

High quality products usually cost more - but I guess you'd rather the OP waste money on a cheapo low-end HDD over a quality SSD. But then again, it's not your data so why should you care if it's on a reliable carrier - all that matters is winning an internet argument, right? :)

It's so easy to give bad advice when people aren't paying for anything...

Just now, 5x5 said:

Perhaps if you weren't so focused on attacking people, you'd consider that the OP may simply be following the "SSD + HDD" style without considering the option for full solid state storage. Besides, what games need 4TB exactly?

No i was not ssd + hdd style but i only have 170GB left on my current hdd drive wich i also use for school projects etc. but what i could do is use the hdd for school and a new ssd for games. Do you mean a drive like this btw? it is twice as expensive https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQ66Mp/samsung-860-evo-2tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e2t0bam

1 minute ago, arnekick said:

No i was not ssd + hdd style but i only have 170GB left on my current hdd drive wich i also use for school projects etc. but what i could do is use the hdd for school and a new ssd for games. Do you mean a drive like this btw? it is twice as expensive https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQ66Mp/samsung-860-evo-2tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-76e2t0bam

Actually, I was thinking a 660p or MX500

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nF8j4D/crucial-mx500-2tb-25-solid-state-drive-ct2000mx500ssd1

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7MQG3C/intel-660p-series-2tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ssdpeknw020t8x1

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

lol focused on attacking people, get a clue bud

If you actually used a 2TB drive you'd be surprised how fast the space goes with modern games. I've got 250 gigs free on my 2TB drive, and that's after I moved FH4 to my SSD and gave Shadowplay/OBS their own drive to use.

From a value perspective (which is where normal people tend to lean), large SSD's are a waste of money compared to similarly priced spinning rust, and for a vast majority of people the speed penalty is worth not spending triple to quadruple the money to get the same or even lesser storage.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

lol focused on attacking people, get a clue bud

If you actually used a 2TB drive you'd be surprised how fast the space goes with modern games. I've got 250 gigs free on my 2TB drive, and that's after I moved FH4 to my SSD and gave Shadowplay/OBS their own drive to use.

From a value perspective (which is where normal people tend to lean), large SSD's are a waste of money compared to similarly priced spinning rust, and for a vast majority of people the speed penalty is worth not spending triple to quadruple the money to get the same or even lesser storage.

Again with the insults. Grow up and act rationally. Infantile behavior has no place on this forum imo.

Poor space management is your own problem - games only need 10-40GBs in most cases - that means you can comfortably fit a good 50 40GB games on a 2TB SSD and not suffer horrible load times and stuttering caused when Windows decides it's time to defragment the drive.

33 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

A sane person would tell them they should ditch the 4TB drive they chose for this much cheaper and just as good drive. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dWkD4D/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hus724040ale640

We could tell him to get the Àorus Elite that has almost the same VRM setup (and an exceptional one for its much lower price) and no dual bios shenanigans that are currently plaguing half the people running the aorus master to free up that 170ish bucks?

12 minutes ago, St.Nick said:

We could tell him to get the Àorus Elite that has almost the same VRM setup (and an exceptional one for its much lower price) and no dual bios shenanigans that are currently plaguing half the people running the aorus master to free up that 170ish bucks?

Is the dual bios difficult?

17 minutes ago, St.Nick said:

Is the dual bios difficult?

No not particularly, but look at the motherboard section. there are at least 4 topics complaining the master forgets bios settings after a cold boot which is entirely due to it normally being set to use the autodetection for which bios to boot from and it booting from the backup bios. Not to mention it does sort of have a wonky habit of deciding to use the backup bios when it really doesn't have to. A sheer case of first world problems with a feature 95% of users even enthusiasts don't need.