Changed the GPU, now the CPU FAN in very loud and I get an temperature message after every boot.

Denyl

So I have an Optiplex 7010 with an i5 3470 CPU. Two days ago I upgraded my gpu from an GTX 1060 to an 1070 (I know about the bottleneck). When I changed the GPU I had to make some changes to the case because the gpu is too big for it and now I can't use the case's cover anymore ( I will buy a new case next month).  The problem is that now when I play games the CPU and the motherboard fan are getting much noisy than before and they stay noisy one, two minutes after I close the game, I see a big drop in the fps after the fans get noisy and in some cases the PC freezes. When I boot up I get an message that says that there have been an temp fail at the last boot. I changed the thermal compound but it did nothing.

Some things that I have done and maybe have a connection with this problem.

- I cloned the boot ssd so I can use a better one, but then I did a clean reinstall anyway.

- At a moment I disconnected the temperature sensor of the case and I cleaned it.

- I have taken the MB out but when I inserted it back I was holding the CPU Fan to guide it in place. 

Can you elaborate on any other changes you made to the system to accommodate the new GPU please.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

57 minutes ago, emosun said:

did you check the cpu temp

Sorry, I forgot to mention it. Here are some temps when playing GTA Online.

Capture.PNG

52 minutes ago, nick name said:

Can you elaborate on any other changes you made to the system to accommodate the new GPU please.

Sure,

Exactly at the end of the GPU there were some hdd slots that I detached. The problem is that when doing this I managed to bend some of the case metal and now the cover is not staying in place.

The cpu isn't overheating. however a cpu could run hot with bad or dirty power , what power supply are you using

4 hours ago, emosun said:

The cpu isn't overheating. however a cpu could run hot with bad or dirty power , what power supply are you using

An corsair gs700

What "size" Optiplex is it? Dell has designed the little ones with the thermal package in mind, so if you run it without the case, it WILL overheat. It'll run all the fans at full blast if the chassis intrusion cable is popped.