Low Budget Earphones

HadesLV
Go to solution Solved by Origami Cactus,

I would recommend the MDR-XB510AS, they sound good and stay in ears.

Also t290's should be 20€, not 30. 

https://www.1a.lv/datortehnika_preces_birojam/austinas_datoru_skalruni/datoru_austinas/jbl_t290_inear_earphones_black

So, I'm currently kinda piss poor, a few months ago my fairly good headset finally gave in after two years of service(actually much longer than any of my previous headsets), since then I have been using cheap, but decent 5 euro earphones that I used to just use for my phone. But now even those are starting to come apart. I am currently between jobs, so I am on low budget, but I do need some replacement. I can afford to spend about 35-40 euros max, although cheaper would be better with my sparsely populated bank account. I figure on such a low budget, I'd be better off getting some decent quality earphones that will last me until a few months from now, when I will hopefully have a job and will be able to afford to get a new headset.

I don't want wireless, in fact I specifically want wired ones(although tangle-free cord would be welcome), but other than that all I want is decent quality and good enough build to make sure it doesn't get fucked up again until I  have the money to buy something better. I was tempted to just go to my nearby electronics store and buy a pair of  JBL T290 earphones, but I figured I should invest a little thought into this and make sure I actually spend my limited money the best that I can. In terms of what is actually available to me, the best reference is here https://www.1a.lv/ Just type into the search bar and if the product is available it should pop up.

Should I just go for those T290's for 30 euros, or do I have a better option for the same money or maybe an equally good option for a cheaper price? I would really appreciate some advice from audiophiles on this. I very much appreciate good audio, but I have very little experience with different products.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X

Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) Kingston HyperX Fury Black RGB 3200MHz

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W

Case: NZXT H440

SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot Drive); 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Primary Game Drive). 1,5TB total SSD storage.

HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM; 4TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. 7TB total HDD storage.

https://www.1a.lv/datortehnika_preces_birojam/austinas_datoru_skalruni/datoru_austinas/jbl_t290_inear_earphones_black

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Thanks, and yeah, sorry, the electronics store near me is a bit more expensive than the online store, that's partly why I decide it was better to do a bit of research before buying anything.

SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot Drive); 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Primary Game Drive). 1,5TB total SSD storage.

HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM; 4TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. 7TB total HDD storage.

I would personally go for the Sony EX450:

https://www.1a.lv/datortehnika_preces_birojam/austinas_datoru_skalruni/datoru_austinas/sony_mdrex450aph

Compared to the JBL T290 they have less highs and a more relaxed sound. It's subjective whether you'd like the JBL over the Sony. I don't think that either choice is bad. 

3 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Found your recommended headphones at the electronics store for even cheaper than it was in the internet store (or more specifically, for some reason the red variant was 20 euros, while the blue and black were 30 euros. I made certain it was the exact same model, literally just a different colour). Snatched them right up and am very happy with them. Great sound, great build quality and the large range of earbud sizes really helped, because I tend to need quite small buds. Thank you for the recommendation!

5 minutes ago, HadesLV said:

Found your recommended headphones at the electronics store for even cheaper than it was in the internet store (or more specifically, for some reason the red variant was 20 euros, while the blue and black were 30 euros. I made certain it was the exact same model, literally just a different colour). Snatched them right up and am very happy with them. Great sound, great build quality and the large range of earbud sizes really helped, because I tend to need quite small buds. Thank you for the recommendation!

Nice! They were 60€ earphones at one point, so getting them for 20€ is a very good deal IMO.

I have used them for like 6 months now, very happy with the sound and fit. I got them for around 30€.

You got the bag and other accessories too?

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Nice! They were 60€ earphones at one point, so getting them for 20€ is a very good deal IMO.

I have used them for like 6 months now, very happy with the sound and fit.

You got the bag and other accessories too?

I did, yes! Full package. I guess the red ones had been unpopular. The blue and black ones do look a bit better, but I'm not really concerned with the appearance, so its a great deal for me.

Just now, HadesLV said:

I did, yes! Full package. I guess the red ones had been unpopular. The blue and black ones do look a bit better, but I'm not really concerned with the appearance, so its a great deal for me.

I got the black ones, kinda wish i went with the reds, they look real good IMO.

But glad you are happy. They have lasted me great, and sound very good.