Best quiet case fan

kumigidax
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

Aside from the noctuas, Silent Wings 3's are great 

Hi

I currently have 2 very loud fans on the side panel of my pc. Since I want to replace the side and front ones I need some advice.

Side panel: 2 quiet and good yet cheap 120mm fans, no RGB required

Front fans: 2 (bit louder doesn't matter) fans that give very good airflow, which my current ones dont. RGB is a nice extra.

I know about some noctua fans, but they can be quite pricey, any suggestions?

Arctic p12:s are nice. The 5 pack of pwm pst:s is unarguably the best value out there(26€ vat included).

this might help.

https://www.quietpc.com/casefans

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

What case and fans are you using? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case and fans are you using? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

Corsair carbide 500r

My current fans barely have any airflow, setting them lower will basically make them completely useless.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:34 AM, Slottr said:

Aside from the noctuas, Silent Wings 3's are great 

Agreed. If you don't get Noctua, BeQuiet is the next best thing.

Although I remember recently Kyle(Bitwit) reviewed a fan that came close to the performance of a Noctua but was super cheep.

1 hour ago, geo3 said:

Agreed. If you don't get Noctua, BeQuiet is the next best thing.

Although I remember recently Kyle(Bitwit) reviewed a fan that came close to the performance of a Noctua but was super cheep.

The PCcooler Corona/Moonlight RGB fans yeah. Their performance IS pretty great. Though be warned, they do not appear to have longevity and RMAing those is absolutely not gonna happen. Noctua's on the other hand may be a bit pricey but you do get 6 years of warranty from a company known for it's excellent customer service. So if it's just 4 fans then that might be 80~90 bucks well spend for your next pc also. Just something to consider now that with chromax you can customize them for color coordination even. The silent wings as mentioned are great at a slightly lower price too.

Here’s a little story from me. Bought a noctua fan and thought it was broken and made a rattling noise. Emailed the company and they sent me a new one only for me to realize a week later it was a wire hitting the blades inside my case. Got 2 for the price of 1?

Noctua NF-S12A is my favorite case fan when looking for good airflow.  Very quiet.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15