Concerned about PSU Cooling for Sleeper build

MrJunez

Again another post about my sleeper build but my question is im getting a Corsair CX 450w and im insecure about its cooling because of the case not having an upper vent since its oem. Should i just face the psu upside down so that it can suck up air from inside? Or how should i do this? 

Upside down is certainly better than having the fan against a wall.

Unless you have a 3900x and a 2080ti in the build, i doubt the air temperature in the case will be very high, so it should be fine, the psu is not gonna overheat.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

The air intake for the PSU should not be flush against the caw. That will cause issues. You could get a passive PSU from SeaSonic or Corsair and that will resolve the issues. 

Pull air from inside. Anything is better than just flat metal in front of the fan. 

That's an F in the profile pic

2 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Pull air from inside. Anything is better than just flat metal in front of the fan. 

Okay thank you very much and if it does get hot ill just open the panel up since my rooms always ice cold 

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

The air intake for the PSU should not be flush against the caw. That will cause issues. You could get a passive PSU from SeaSonic or Corsair and that will resolve the issues. 

Can you link me?

I think PSU will be fine, but if you have GPU on air cooling, that might have hotter times. Modern PSUs run quite cool, or so I have understood. Based on that their fans only activate when load is something like 60%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv