suggestion: film the new scrapyard war in shenzhen pls

WebberXu16

I just saw steven from gamer nexus finished his trip in HuaQiangBei Shenzhen and build a pc. Linus has done a similar one before. I am thinking it will be very fun to see these two or any other english youtuber trying to build a pc from parts in there. I know HuaQiangBei is not technically "scrap yark" anymore but it matchs the idea of a "treasure hunting" in a strange and wired place just like the previous scrapyark war. Of cousre they don't get help from any chinese interpreter but their own and phones (vpn and google is not allowed). 

Anyone thinking of the same idea please comment on this thread so this can grap Linus intention. 

So you want the heads of 2 different companies plus an entire production team and guests to drop everything and fly half way around the world for at least a week to film a series of videos?

It's actually not a bad suggestion but it's wildly impractical.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'm still waiting for the Hackintosh scrapyard wars. 

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

you want the heads of 2 different companies plus an entire production team and guests to drop everything and fly half way around the world for at least a week to film a series of videos?

* In a place where the police actively stop people filming in public places

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

hahah

If LTT ever does a major overseas Scrapyard wars like this I would like to see it done in India. LTT has a lot of Indian viewers, and I think it will be quite a challenge to build a good gaming machine on a tight budget in India.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Season 2 with the water cooling is my favorite so far; what makes SW interesting for me isn't the location, but the kind of machine that they have to build. (and the struggles that come with that sort of thing; remember Linus being up in a tree to fill a copper tube with salt?)

I honestly wouldn't even bother watching a new season where they'd build yet another normal gaming rig (albeit with extra decorations, included peripherals etc.) even if the season was filmed in the strangest of places, with the weirdest rules. If you'd ask me, they shouldn't rely too much on location and restrictions (such as not being able to use the internet) to make it interesting. What they might want to consider, is to focus more on making the final creations more interesting (and so also more demanding to build).

24 minutes ago, floofer said:

I'm still waiting for the Hackintosh scrapyard wars. 

So YES, absolutely that'd be nice!

Shenzen isnt the greatest place. You will be bothering a lot of stands due to the fact they dont sell singles. They sell dousins at the time. 

Notice during the whole GN video they talked about how much of a bother they were actually being. 

They can do it somewhere they actually sell singles where they wont bother people who need to run to a warehouse to get parts. Taking half an hour away from them, which they could be using to actually sell some volume. 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'd rather see Linus vs Luke, working with Alec Steele and his crew.

The challenge, forge two computer cases.

Am I really the only one who wants to see @LinusTech trying to use a giant power hammer to flatten out some nearly white hot steel?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

21 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Eh China’s actually not that bad. I had no problems filming in China (or North Korea for that matter). Only Kazakhstan and Kuwait have ever shut me down.

Shenzhen is a great place for a scrapyard wars because once you get taking to someone in HuaQiengBei they’ll know someone who knows someone and then all of a sudden you’re doing a back alley deal. I went there last year specifically looking for a GTX780Ti and found one after about an hour just by following a trail of people.

18 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Eh China’s actually not that bad

Specifically I mentioned it because Steve Burke went and was told by the police to stop filming in a public place

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Specifically I mentioned it because Steve Burke went and was told by the police to stop filming in a public place

Yeah well he’s a suspicious looking dude.

Also with the Hong Kong protests, now is probably not a good time to film in Shenzhen.