Is my parts list ok?

Afternoon all

im looking at upgrading pretty much everything in my 6 year old pc. ive done a fair bit of research but im still a bit unsure and want to check the parts before spending a sum of money. the pc is used for gaming.

the part im most unsure about is selecting the right CPU for the job and also if my current power supply is up to the task.  the estimated wattage for these parts is 364W. i currently have a 500w power supply. is that enough with a handful of case fans and a couple of HDD's / SSD's?

is there anything anyone would recommend changing or adding to improve compatibility or parts that are better value for money? im also looking to use VR once the rig is complete

what ive selected is:

Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card

7 minutes ago, Rosstafarian said:

currently have a 500w power supply. 

Helps to know what exact PSU, not just wattage or brand or rating

Also, Ryzen is basically cheaper for the same thing. You should consider a Ryzen 7 3700X instead. You'd likely save enough money to go from 2060s to 2070.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Rosstafarian said:

if my current power supply is up to the task.  the estimated wattage for these parts is 364W. i currently have a 500w power supply. is that enough with a handful of case fans and a couple of HDD's / SSD's?

Helps for the gut to purchase a new power supply so you don't chance it with brand new parts. Now there is plenty of power with 500 watts. Who knows, maybe you had a top tier PSU and could still be in tip top shape.

Is there a reason your going with intel?  the ryzen 7 2700/3700 the 2700  has similar specs though a bit slower in games to the intel chip but also the cost of a 2700 and motherboard would be less then the intel CPU  and if your looking to game on the CPU you could get a Ryzen 3600 and a much better GPU and new PSU for the price, 

Don't bother with the 9700K imo. The 3700X is equivalent in games, faster in everything else, uses less power, runs cooler and isn't affected by the intel security vulnerabilities.

12 minutes ago, Rosstafarian said:

Afternoon all

im looking at upgrading pretty much everything in my 6 year old pc. ive done a fair bit of research but im still a bit unsure and want to check the parts before spending a sum of money. the pc is used for gaming.

the part im most unsure about is selecting the right CPU for the job and also if my current power supply is up to the task.  the estimated wattage for these parts is 364W. i currently have a 500w power supply. is that enough with a handful of case fans and a couple of HDD's / SSD's?

is there anything anyone would recommend changing or adding to improve compatibility or parts that are better value for money? im also looking to use VR once the rig is complete

what ive selected is:

Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card

Everyone’s gonna start shouting AMD AMD AMD at u now but do what makes u happy.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Don't bother with the 9700K imo. The 3700X is equivalent in games, faster in everything else, uses less power, runs cooler and isn't affected by the intel security vulnerabilities.

3700X and 2070 super. x570 mobo

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

13 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Everyone’s gonna start shouting AMD AMD AMD at u now but do what makes u happy.

What do you expect people to do? Tell him to buy the hotter, slower, less efficient and vulnerable i7 for the same price? We would be making him waste money if we did that.

22 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

Is there a reason your going with intel?  the ryzen 7 2700/3700 the 2700  has similar specs though a bit slower in games to the intel chip but also the cost of a 2700 and motherboard would be less then the intel CPU  and if your looking to game on the CPU you could get a Ryzen 3600 and a much better GPU and new PSU for the price, 

Intel is just what I'm familiar with. That's the only reason.

4 minutes ago, Rosstafarian said:

Intel is just what I'm familiar with. That's the only reason.

No need to worry. AMD is not very different. You still have your usual bios, you have the usual settings plus one or two newe ones, the same software and programs. It's not like going from a Mac to Linux. Going from intel to AMD is the same as going from Android 8 to android 9 or from Windows 8.1 to 10.

If you are set on Intel then at least get a better board and cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (£38.65 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£164.67 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £203.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-16 16:25 BST+0100

I would agree that Ryzen is a better option though, but your money your choice.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, geo3 said:

Unless you only do gaming and do it at high refresh and money is not a concern.

nope even only gaming systems are now better with amd

Just now, geo3 said:

Uh... yeah, no. No they are not. Go look at a few benchmarks.

ryzen 5 3600 eliminates 9600k and 3700x is on par with 9900k while 3900x beats 9900k in some games

Just now, geo3 said:

No it isn't.

And loses in many more.

Go look at a benchmark FFS.

i have ryzen 3000 is the no brainer choice for a new pc

Just now, geo3 said:

And?

So do I.

That doesn't make you right.

Go look at benchmarks.

ryzen 3000 is superior

Just now, geo3 said:

Quit being a blind fanboy and spreading false information.

its the truth anyone building a new pc is foolish to  choose intel over amd