How Do I capture the BIOS screen?

DrZooX
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,
38 minutes ago, DrZooX said:

Hey guys please help, I am trying to capture the BIOS screen from another computers and laptops. I don't get a signal until the computer loads into windows how do i over come this?

I have a elgato HD60 capture card.  This is for a school project.

Thanks

You might not be able to with a laptop. Try booting it and closing the laptop to see if that'll disable the built in display and make it show the BIOS on the capture card instead.

If that doesn't work, you probably can't capture it on that laptop.

Hey guys please help, I am trying to capture the BIOS screen from another computers and laptops. I don't get a signal until the computer loads into windows how do i over come this?

Thanks

Well go ghetto, point a camera to the monitor and record it that way.

Will it be the cleanest recording? No.

Will it be good enough? Very likely, camera's these days have no issue recording monitors.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Can't you just plug the monitor cable into the HD60 and start recording all the way from no signal?

EDIT: It sounds to me like the PC you are trying to capture does not output signal until after windows has loaded, Perchance this is a laptop and you are using the HDMI out?  IF so you have to tell the Laptop to use the HDMI out as the main monitor and built in as the secondary.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

33 minutes ago, DrZooX said:

Thanks

Laptops often dont display anything on HDMI until windows has loaded. There might be a BIOS setting to change the capture card to primary display thus displaying to it by default.

38 minutes ago, DrZooX said:

Thanks

You might not be able to with a laptop. Try booting it and closing the laptop to see if that'll disable the built in display and make it show the BIOS on the capture card instead.

If that doesn't work, you probably can't capture it on that laptop.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

• 1 year later...

I have this same issue, but I have a desktop system.  Everything seems fine, it just won't capture the BIOS or the win logo, it only works when getting to desktop.

Anyone know of a fix, or a capture card for recording the BIOS.

Thanks for any help

23 hours ago, rmjohnson144 said:

I have this same issue, but I have a desktop system.  Everything seems fine, it just won't capture the BIOS or the win logo, it only works when getting to desktop.

Anyone know of a fix, or a capture card for recording the BIOS.

Thanks for any help

evga capture card is supposed to do that. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity