Cooler master Q300L Vertical GPU mount

Unruly01

I was wondering if there is a Vertical GPU mounting kit for the cooler master Q300L?

Note I have a Gpu support brace now, photo is 3 weeks out of date!

update pc.jpg

that case can cook hardware

if you mount it like that it will burn it even faster

I was not aware of that when i bought the case not that many case reviews others a not in spoken english.

the best review was made not long ago by gamers nexus, basically the solution is literally make more, bigger holes so air can flow inside or you cook parts inside basically

also you should not mount in that direction a gpu because it ends directly pointing the fans against the acrylic and cant move air at all really, the little air it will move will be very hot air produced by gpu and cpu, so is even worse for the gpu

• 1 month later...

The q300l wont cook your hardware. Theres another case that is almost exactly like it with glass in front of the fans and that one has bad airflow. I've been using this case for a while now and never had high temps with air cooling an i5 8400 and a 1050ti I just put in a water cooled i7 8700 and a 1070ti still no problems.

2 hours ago, Gmta92 said:

The q300l wont cook your hardware. Theres another case that is almost exactly like it with glass in front of the fans and that one has bad airflow. I've been using this case for a while now and never had high temps with air cooling an i5 8400 and a 1050ti I just put in a water cooled i7 8700 and a 1070ti still no problems.

Incorrect. See:

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

55 minutes ago, SenKa said:

Incorrect. See:

haha i dint notice but there no way your fitting a vertical gpu in there

i dont get it. people make the smallest posable pc and don't have problems. also nexus test the case with stock fans if it comes with 1 fan hes test with 1 fan. (he also wont put a noctua in it because that case is too cheap )  come to think of it i dont no what his test bench is but it probly runs hoter then the ryzen. the smaller the case with good fans should give better temps then a bigger case so.... besides ryzen low power anyway. un less the front fans are blocked badly. if that's the case ied put fans on the bottom and top. but thats imo. besides you might not want you pc to last 10 years anyway. with that gpu it probly be upgrades in a year or 2 with something even more efficient.

https://www.amazon.ca/Kaislin-Vertical-Graphics-Bracket-Support/dp/B07MMMDTNQ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=vertical+gpu&qid=1569205343&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B07T7MT7VW/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B07TB8SRMG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont get it. people make the smallest posable pc and don't have problems. also nexus test the case with stock fans if it comes with 1 fan hes test with 1 fan. (he also wont put a noctua in it because that case is too cheap )  come to think of it i dont no what his test bench is but it probly runs hoter then the ryzen. the smaller the case with good fans should give better temps then a bigger case so.... besides ryzen low power anyway. un less the front fans are blocked badly.

Did you watch the video? He added 2 additional fans and the cooling was still shite.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

1 minute ago, SenKa said:

Did you watch the video? He added 2 additional fans and the cooling was still shite.

i did not

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong diff case

The 300l and the 500l are diff cases

The 500l has the psu at the front blocking off the airflowand turning it i to a convection oven

The 300l has it at the usual spot at the bottom

Opening more room for fans up top and in front.

Gn did a reveiw on the 500l NOT the 300l

Pay attention.

7 hours ago, Mr.Shellder said:

Wrong diff case

The 300l and the 500l are diff cases

The 500l has the psu at the front blocking off the airflowand turning it i to a convection oven

The 300l has it at the usual spot at the bottom

Opening more room for fans up top and in front.

Gn did a reveiw on the 500l NOT the 300l

Pay attention.

its amazing how such obvious shit is overlooked, i had a headache reading through this thread. 

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

On 9/22/2019 at 9:33 PM, SenKa said:

Incorrect. See:

i bookmarked a spot for you, ya dingus

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

q300 and q500 are not the same case, yes, but both have those diminute holes, so while one has noral psu placement, the hot air generated doesn't go anywhere really, so still you cook the hardware, mounted verically or horizontally

cooler master has to come with a case that doesn't have a dust filter covering their stupid small and really few holes to move cold air inside the case and not cook parts inside

as steve said on their multiple videos about the topic, a case revision should have more and bigger holes, the case is nice, but is meant for hardware that works cold

• 6 months later...

I have both of these cases and they are not ovens at all. I have spent days now messing about with configurations and the temps have always been good.