Ads in the sky in stead of stars...

Should that idea ever become reality, I would love seeing someone take control of that banner and transform it into something like a giant middle finger that prompts the owner to take it down quickly.

13 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

The hobby rocket enthusiast is going to have a new target for practice. Oh and just wait till jim bob gets his hands on some hobby rocket supplies, you can guarantee you are going to have many a rednecks having competitions to see who can hit the Colonel Sanders in the sky.

Not gonna lie that sounds kinda fun

11 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I don't know why you mentioned turtles, but bird migration is based on the polar fields, not stellar constellations.

Light pollution from cities already affects baby turtles, so this will most likely just make it worse for them

As for birds, some do use constellations or at least depend on them somewhat

http://cescos.fau.edu/observatory/lightpol-Birds.html

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

“a startup“, so never going to happen, luckily.  

We're talking Russia here... Putin... You know the guy who just cancelled a certain treaty with the US... The same guy who did a LOT of not so great things in his surrounding countries... But let's not enter into politics here... As some of the massacres in Syria perpetrated by the russian army and who then said "How else can we tests some of our new weapons and strategies nowadays?" - well this subject goes into the "politics" box.

19 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

“a startup“, so never going to happen, luckily. 

But the technology is now feasible, and the plans are available for larger companies to buy

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Or NSFW/illegal images.

You mean memes of events that didn't occur on June 5, 1989?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

The concept is not new, when it was first suggested in 1993 the US wrote a law banning it.  It was defined as obtrusive space advertising.  The first few attempts didn't get of the ground because no one would fund it and it would have been hit by too much space debris. 

Hopefully the second issue will always be an issue and no company will advertise for fear of backlash.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/51/50911

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

You mean memes of events that didn't occur on June 5, 1989?

Oh hell yeah!   Or we could display a big Winnie the Pooh eating out of a jar with a certain country's flag on it.  ?

9 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Animated gifs would be hilarious.

I can allready tell what your thinking.

Seriously hope this idea goes and dies in a fire. But it could have interesting repercussions if it happens. As allready stated the number of people who would likely make attempts to mess with it would be huge and the end effects of that could well be interesting. In the old chinese curse sense

Assuming of course no major world government decides nope super loud and does somthing instead.

To be really honest, one of my biggest concerns in this regard, appart from visual pollution/aggression (of course) is this:

Spoiler

1026372_1_0202spacejunk_standard.jpg?ali

Just adding more junk to an already "crowded" area...

This is not going to slide with the other big nations.

imagine putting ads in front of another nations people, there would be a uproar 

@VegetableStu

Thanks for the link. My daughter loved it ^o^

Be, be, be be obscene! 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

8 hours ago, CarlBar said:

I can allready tell what your thinking.

I'd love to see birb in the sky too.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III