MHW On a budget.

Corbit
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
1 hour ago, Corbit said:

Can i run Monster hunter world?

With that hardware, I'm guessing 25-35 fps. You might could get away with 900p resolution. There's also resolution scaling in MHW so don't be afraid to bump it below 100% in the resolutions you go with. Maybe try 50%, 75% and 100% in each of 720p, 900p and 1080p resolutions. I'm still guessing around 25-35 fps even on the lowest settings.

Your RAM is fine. MHW only requires 8GB of RAM for both minimum and recommended. Sure higher RAM speed will help with that Ryzen 2200G but I'm leaning towards it not making a big difference in MHW because you won't be nearing that 8GB threshold. In other games, sure. But not MHW.

One more thing, while playing on the lowest settings, get a feel for performance. Pay attention to that fps for a good week of playing the game. Then go in and bump up settings that you feel could look better. And watch what it does both visually and what it does to your fps. Ultimately this process will enable you to bump up certain settings that don't affect performance yet make the game look better in the areas that you prefer for them to look better.

Hope this helps. Good luck. The 2200G is a BEAST of an APU imo. I haven't had much problems with it in 720p, 900p and 1080p resolutions. Even in The Division 2 and that game seems to cause people issues when they first start it up. When you tweak and fiddle, performance slowly exceeds expectations.

P.S. Throw an RX 570 in that PC and witness it work wonders for less than $100. And I highly recommend going for the Asus Strix brand 570.

Good day guys. Today i would like to ask your opinion, suggestion and violent reactions (oh boy, Tons of this).

with a PC: Ryzen 3 2200g APU, GA A320m board, 2x4gb 2400mhz kingston fury, SSD (MHW folder location), I will be using its iGPU.

I'm on a tight budget and that is how far my budget can build for now. Don't shame me on that (LOL) i know MHW with this set up is kinda ambitious, but i like to have a clue from LTT experts. Thanks. 

UPDATE: So somebody recommended Dauntless from EPIC games... I tried and it ran fine on my setup. 1080 gaming btw, it was around 15 gig but then i realized heck, why not go to MHW directly. so i did and Aha! it ran way more than expected. 1366x768 resolution set up. medium settings tho as i was restricted by the iGPU VRAM. (2gb max for ryzen igpu i think) anyways, performance was good and super playable, no fps drops and stutters. Thanks guys. 

I guess you want to play at 1080P?
Could ba a hard one, but maybe dropping down to 720p will do the trick

Also can you maybe squeeze in the budget for faster ram? APUs suffer from slow ram

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

10 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I guess you want to play at 1080P?
Could ba a hard one, but maybe dropping down to 720p will do the trick

Also can you maybe squeeze in the budget for faster ram? APUs suffer from slow ram

It's okay for me to drop down to 720p. My board only has 2 DIMM slots and i already bought those ram kits (cause mainly i just play dota 2). what ram speed would you recommend? i heard 3000mhz ram kits needs overclocking and i dont have a clue on how to do that. my knowledge on ram is only on how to activate XMP profiles. max support of my mobo is 2666mhz. (Native, the ones that dont needs overclocking) Thanks

1 minute ago, Corbit said:

It's okay for me to drop down to 720p. My board only has 2 DIMM slots and i already bought those ram kits (cause mainly i just play dota 2). what ram speed would you recommend? i heard 3000mhz ram kits needs overclocking and i dont have a clue on how to do that. my knowledge on ram is only on how to activate XMP profiles. max support of my mobo is 2666mhz. Thanks

activating XMP will automatically OC for you. So one buton operation :). 300Mhz should be able to run and help the iGPU

But first try with what you have now :)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

9 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

activating XMP will automatically OC for you. So one buton operation :). 300Mhz should be able to run and help the iGPU

But first try with what you have now :)

Okay, will do that. maybe 720p and low settings. hope this one works cause hell i saw some videos, an Athlon 200ge running mhw at a flawlessly playable state, tho he used a 2666mhz ram (8x2gb). So maybe its up to par i guess to my build.

1 hour ago, Corbit said:

With that hardware, I'm guessing 25-35 fps. You might could get away with 900p resolution. There's also resolution scaling in MHW so don't be afraid to bump it below 100% in the resolutions you go with. Maybe try 50%, 75% and 100% in each of 720p, 900p and 1080p resolutions. I'm still guessing around 25-35 fps even on the lowest settings.

Your RAM is fine. MHW only requires 8GB of RAM for both minimum and recommended. Sure higher RAM speed will help with that Ryzen 2200G but I'm leaning towards it not making a big difference in MHW because you won't be nearing that 8GB threshold. In other games, sure. But not MHW.

One more thing, while playing on the lowest settings, get a feel for performance. Pay attention to that fps for a good week of playing the game. Then go in and bump up settings that you feel could look better. And watch what it does both visually and what it does to your fps. Ultimately this process will enable you to bump up certain settings that don't affect performance yet make the game look better in the areas that you prefer for them to look better.

Hope this helps. Good luck. The 2200G is a BEAST of an APU imo. I haven't had much problems with it in 720p, 900p and 1080p resolutions. Even in The Division 2 and that game seems to cause people issues when they first start it up. When you tweak and fiddle, performance slowly exceeds expectations.

P.S. Throw an RX 570 in that PC and witness it work wonders for less than $100. And I highly recommend going for the Asus Strix brand 570.

2 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Hope this helps. Good luck. The 2200G is a BEAST of an APU imo. I haven't had much problems with it in 720p, 900p and 1080p resolutions.

Cool! Thanks bro. I sure will do some tweaks effects and details maybe negligible to me. I just dont want any chops in gameplay and fps drops.

PS. Could you recommend other games that i should try with this ryzen APU. RPG games and Racing type games. (heck any genre would do, i even once played Knights of pen and paper, so why not. LOL)

2 hours ago, Corbit said:

I just dont want any chops in gameplay and fps drops.

These are common issues though. Games are going to have their fair share of this when first running them. It's how you go about dealing with them that matters and lemme tell ya', I don't care if you're using a potato, you can get games to run stutter free with minimal chops, if any.

2 hours ago, Corbit said:

Could you recommend other games that i should try with this ryzen APU. RPG games and Racing type games. (heck any genre would do, i even once played Knights of pen and paper, so why not. LOL)

It should be able to handle any game thrown at it with the exception of games that require more RAM and more VRAM. Those types of games may or may not introduce performance issues such as stuttering, more usage, conducting more heat in turn forcing you to lower settings, etc, etc.

Adding more RAM goes a long way in PC gaming and a total of 16GB of RAM is the norm if you want stutter free gaming in virtually every game you play. Until you make that upgrade, stick to games that both require 8GB of RAM and also recommend 8GB of RAM. Lucky for you, MHW is surprisingly one of those games.

As for RPG and Racing game recommendations, practically any RPG or Racing game that hits a big sale or free price tag. Happens throughout every month.

1 minute ago, Intransigent said:

These are common issues though. Games are going to have their fair share of this when first running them. It's how you go about dealing with them that matters and lemme tell ya', I don't care if you're using a potato, you can get games to run stutter free with minimal chops, if any.

It should be able to handle any game thrown at it with the exception of games that require more RAM and more VRAM. Those types of games may or may not introduce performance issues such as stuttering, more usage, conducting more heat in turn forcing you to lower settings, etc, etc.

Adding more RAM goes a long way in PC gaming and a total of 16GB of RAM is the norm if you want stutter free gaming in virtually every game you play. Until you make that upgrade, stick to games that both require 8GB of RAM and also recommend 8GB of RAM. Lucky for you, MHW is surprisingly one of those games.

I am lucky indeed. thanks for the insights.. ill try it later when i get home. (im still at my work and browsing LTT. LOL)

I think Dauntless is less demanding compare to MHW. It's Epic Games Store exclusive though.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

33 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

I think Dauntless is less demanding compare to MHW. It's Epic Games Store exclusive though.

Never heard of this. i'll look this game up. is it free to play?

37 minutes ago, Corbit said:

Never heard of this. i'll look this game up. is it free to play?

Yes F2P. Fornite graphic. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Fornite graphic. 

Oooooh. is it cartoony? ? hmm. i'll just check it out myself.