$430 usd for 1080ti yes or no?

M0SIE

There's a used hand gtx 1080ti duke for $430 is this a good deal?

1 minute ago, pizapower said:

Warranty?

no more official warranty but the guy gave me 2 months refund if it breaks

Do you trust that the guy will give refund? When was the card bought? Maybe it served already quite some life.. :)

1 minute ago, Envit0 said:

Do you trust that the guy will give refund? When was the card bought? Maybe it served already quite some life.. :)

The guy has sold many cards no problems he said it was used for 1 year

20 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Why not just buy a 2070 super for a similar price and get manufacturer warranty and similar performance on a newer platform.

ok lets just be clear when you talk to someone and tell them u have a 1080ti it sounds way more cool than a 2070 and this price is cheaper than the 2070

2 hours ago, M0SIE said:

ok lets just be clear when you talk to someone and tell them u have a 1080ti it sounds way more cool than a 2070 and this price is cheaper than the 2070

Do you want to be cool or actually have a product that is still valuable? :D I absolutely agreet with post above. Would go for 2070 Super, new architecture, brand new product so full warranty and close performance.

4 hours ago, M0SIE said:

Maybe it sounds more cool to you, but the 2070 super trades blows with the 1080ti and I actually think atm it wins more than it loses when it comes to fps. In the ones it doesn't it is within a few frames.

Now if you overclock it... things change quite a bit. As new drivers come out and the card matures it should improve as well. That isn't even mentioning the fact you get ray tracing support.

As to the price it is slightly more expensive, but that extra 50 bucks gives you a warranty, a newer product, ray tracing, and better performance.

Why pay 430 for a card that can break the next day and you be out all that money. Why buy a card you don't have a full history on. For the difference in price it is worth going with a new 2070 super.

I would simply purchase an RX 5700 XT(when AIBs drop) or purchase a RTX 2070 Super. The 1080 Ti is used and could have issues. I dont mind used parts but they come with risks. Id rather take slightly lower performance and pick up a 5700 XT and have a warranty on it. 

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

Wouldn’t get a duke myself but I’d pay that for a 1080ti. Unless there’s some new card that cost less and performs better. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz