Mantle renderer now available in Battlefield 4 BENCHMARKS!!

Assassin

Brace Yourselves, mantle might be coming. At least thats what Maximum PC is reporting. 

According to AMD, the Mantle patch will arrive via an update through the Origin client for Battlefield 4 on January 30th, at 4:00AM EST. To receive the update you must update the game through Origin. The game won't automatically default to using the Mantle API however, but you'll be able to select it in the game's options. 

source:http://www.maximumpc.com/amds_catalyst_141_drivers_are_incoming_mantle_update_and_more

too bad I have a 770 lol. 

EDIT: IT'S HERE!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-mantle-live/

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Time to mark my calendar... oh wait. That's in about 2 hours.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Time to mark my calendar... oh wait. That's in about 2 hours.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't think that it will matter that much. Mantle helps in BF4, thief, and a last one. I play a lot of BF4 but not enough to have Mantle over GSync. Mantle will only be interesting for me personally if a 280X without that much OC can beat my 780DCII

I don't think that it will matter that much. Mantle helps in BF4, thief, and a last one. I play a lot of BF4 but not enough to have Mantle over GSync. Mantle will only be interesting for me personally if a 280X without that much OC can beat my 780DCII

I dont own a 780 ti but i have a 690. i already took some notes with my 280X so ill se how it will compare and im too lazy to activate CF so ill just use 1 gpu. but even so 1 gpu on stocks can handle Bf4 Ultra...well mine can.

inb4 <10% performance increase

No, but seriously. This better live up to the massive hype AMD everyone has put around it.

Edited by Kilerbomb

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

inb4 <10% performance increase

No, but seriously. This better live up to the massive hype AMD has put around it.

You mean the hype people have put around it, AMD hasn't said lot if anything about Mantle since the first press release, its been Dev's and the like who've been excited about. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

@Kilerbomb, with your CPU, and if you had an AMD card, I'd doubt the increase would be big at all, your CPU wouldnt be bottlenecking any High end cards at all,

Mantle however may provide less CPU bottlenecks for systems with Dual/Triple GPU's..

Can only hope right...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You mean the hype people have put around it, AMD hasn't said lot if anything about Mantle since the first press release, its been Dev's and the like who've been excited about. 

Yeah, now that I think about it, I guess you're right.

@Kilerbomb, with your CPU, and if you had an AMD card, I'd doubt the increase would be big at all, your CPU wouldnt be bottlenecking any High end cards at all,

Mantle however may provide less CPU bottlenecks for systems with Dual/Triple GPU's..

Can only hope right...

I certainly am hoping for the best, don't get me wrong. But I also have some serious doubts.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

So that means today? 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

ao3loi.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

For some reason the entire web page looked slanted to me, like a table lost one of its legs and everything was sliding off........ But then I blinked and everything was back to normal.I need sleep

BACK ON TOPIC: Can't wait for linus' initial impressions and dem benchmarks

2,7% improvement when using only a dedicated GPU(No Crossfire APU and stuff like that).It's only an R7 260x,so there might be a little more performance gain in more powerful cards.

GG AMD!

Briefly, here are the numbers AMD has provided for Battlefield 4:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4960x with Radeon R7 260x - 2.7% improvement at 1080p, 1.4% improvement at 1600p.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2,7% improvement when using only a dedicated GPU(No Crossfire APU and stuff like that).

GG AMD!

welp

So basicly low end cpus will be able to handle games with mantle, high end will see very little gain. So they are removing bottleneck ( overhead ).

2,7% improvement when using only a dedicated GPU(No Crossfire APU and stuff like that).It's only an R7 260x,so there might be a little more performance gain in more powerful cards.

GG AMD!

I'm calling bullshit. You took the entire thing out of context.

Since you are probably wondering what kind of performance improvement you will see with the Mantle update, assuming you are using a GCN-based GPU (HD 7000, R9, and R7 GPUs), AMD has sent us information from its testing that will give you some insight. First off, it notes that the biggest gains will be achieved on systems with mid-to-low end CPUs that are essentially CPU constrained. According to AMD, "Mantle makes the most significant (and we do mean significant) performance benefit for gaming scenarios that are CPU-limited."
Briefly, here are the numbers AMD has provided for Battlefield 4CPU: AMD A10-7700K with Radeon R9 290X - 40.9% improvement at 1080p, 40.1% improvement at 1600p. CPU: Intel Core i7-4960x with Radeon R7 260x - 2.7% improvement at 1080p, 1.4% improvement at 1600p.

I'm calling bullshit. You took the entire thing out of context.

Mantle's mostly about the CPU,and most of the people are expecting great performance on their GPU,which will probably be < 10%.

That 40% improvement is mainly due to the APU.

Mantle's mostly about the CPU,and most of the people are expecting great performance on their GPU,which will probably be > 10%.

That 40% improvement is mainly due to the APU.

Right, But your post seemed to imply that mantle was/is a dud. Just because people's expectations were poorly placed, has nothing to do with the actual product. Yeah, mantle is designed to help with cpu bottlenecks. You could have guessed that from their demo of under-clocking a 8350.

battlefield 4 also got an update. 1.23GB so yeah, i think mantle's finally here!

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

battlefield 4 also got an update. 1.23GB so yeah, i think mantle's finally here!

Except kinda... still need to wait for 14.1 drivers and the article at pcper seems to suggest that it really only helps with 290,290x, and 260x http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Catalyst-141-Beta-Driver-Brings-Mantle-Support-Frame-Pacing-Phase-2-HSA

Wonder if my X3 720be will still bottleneck the crap out of my 7850 with Mantle. :D  I guess I'll wait and see how it copes with Thief :P

To me from this, it's telling me that AMD is really trying to push their APU's to be competitive for higher end graphics, rather than enhancing the GPU side of things.

Oh well... I hope in the future however this will give us more options for cheaper builds etc.

Reading pcpers article (http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Catalyst-141-Beta-Driver-Brings-Mantle-Support-Frame-Pacing-Phase-2-HSA),

they say "AMD specifically points out that performance improvements for Mantle on the HD 7000 series, R9 280X and R9 270X “will be optimized for BF4 in future AMD Catalyst releases” leaving me to believe that only the R9 290 and R9 290X (as well as the 260X) are really being supported at launch."

So I'll reserve judgement since I have a 7000 series card. (Sorry about the grey background, it happened when I copied and pasted from pcper).

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

To me from this, it's telling me that AMD is really trying to push their APU's to be competitive for higher end graphics, rather than enhancing the GPU side of things.

Oh well... I hope in the future however this will give us more options for cheaper builds etc.

And reintroduce RTS.