so I bought a LAN cable but it only has green and orange colors connected to the head of the cable, but it has brown and blue colored wires inside and

TomyOnLTTF

Those lanes are all supposed to have a wire in it. Where did you buy it? I can tell you right now that it won't work, it looks like a handmade cable.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

is handmade cable. technically u dont need more then those coz other colors are unused, the cable u got is based on cat7 layout though based on the color positioning only ( dunno if actual cable is cat7 )

1 White/Orange white/orange Transmit+ BI_DA+
2 Orange orange Transmit- BI_DA-
3 White/Green white/green Receive+ BI_DB+
4 Blue blue Unused BI_DC+
5 White/Blue white/blue Unused BI_DC-
6 Green green Receive- BI_DB-
7 White/Brown white/brown Unused BI_DD+
8 Brown brown Unused

BI_DD-

(◑‿◐)

You bought a phone line

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Those lanes are all supposed to have a wire in it. Where did you buy it? I can tell you right now that it won't work, it looks like a handmade cable.

It'll work. Just only at 100Mbit. The wire positions are correct for that link type. A lot of older equipment use to come with it or you could buy it in stores but today Gigabit which comes with all 8 wires has dominated. I'm surprised you can still buy a 100Mbit cable from any retailer.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

is handmade cable. technically u dont need more then those coz other colors are unused, the cable u got is based on cat7 layout though based on the color positioning only ( dunno if actual cable is cat7 )

8 Brown brown Unused

BI_DD-

Image result for Ethernet wiring diagram

For 100 Mbps yes only those are used. But for Gigabit all 8 are needed. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

21 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Image result for Ethernet wiring diagram

For 100 Mbps yes only those are used. But for Gigabit all 8 are needed. 

most ppl dont have gigabit ethernet btw

(◑‿◐)

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

most ppl dont have gigabit ethernet btw

Um, probably 99% of all devices from the last 5 or so years have gigabit ethernet aside really cheap junk routers/switches.

Gigabit internet is different but just because you don't have gigabit internet doesn't mean you don't have a need for gigabit local networking.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Um, probably 99% of all devices from the last 5 or so years have gigabit ethernet aside really cheap junk routers/switches.

Gigabit internet is different but just because you don't have gigabit internet doesn't mean you don't have a need for gigabit local networking.

and 99% of that 99% doesnt really use the gigabit :v, most ppl get away with it, but ye some ppl need it

(◑‿◐)

23 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:
8 Brown brown Unused

BI_DD-

There isn't anything called a "cat 7" layout either. It's called an ethernet pinout and it's a standard for everything from Cat3 to Cat8 and to get gigabit speeds or higher you need all 8 wires and Cat5e or better cable although technically you can get away with short Cat5 runs for gigabit assuming all 8 wires are present. Cat7 isn't even an official TIA/EIA standard so it has no electrical compliance to adhere to and can range from CCA junk to decent cable but nets you no benefit over Cat6A in that you'll not get more than 10 gigabit speed, if even that depending on the quality of the internal wires, distance, etc. Additionally, even if Cat7 was an official standard you would need all 8 wires regardless because the standards build off of the other and Cat5e and up require 8 wires.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: