2600 and 2080? Is it a large bottleneck.

I just recently acquired a and 2600, msi B450 Tomahawk and a msi 2080 Ventus. For a good deal. I'm worried the 2600 is a bit to underpowered. I've read that I can get an 8% bottleneck but I don't know is that's really bad or not. Should I sell the 2080 and go for something a little less powerful or sell both the 2080 and 2600 and get something like a 2070 and 2700?

you will have zero issues with CPU bottlenecking. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, WoodyWoo said:

I just recently acquired a and 2600, msi B450 Tomahawk and a msi 2080 Ventus. For a good deal. I'm worried the 2600 is a bit to underpowered. I've read that I can get an 8% bottleneck but I don't know is that's really bad or not. Should I sell the 2080 and go for something a little less powerful or sell both the 2080 and 2600 and get something like a 2070 and 2700?

Nah, "bottlenecking" is overrated, if you will be gaming, it should be fine.

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

you will have zero issues with CPU bottlenecking. 

3 minutes ago, Catchears said:

Nah, "bottlenecking" is overrated, if you will be gaming, it should be fine.

Thanks I was a little worried I got ripped off

21 minutes ago, WoodyWoo said:

Bottlenecks and “ripped off” are not closely related.

A huge bottleneck at the CPU might not affect the experience.

For a person wanting a quieter rig, the extra cost of a GPU that runs under less stress and quieter might be worth the cost.

Bottlenecks are only an issue if your experience is affected, otherwise it’s just a system statistic.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

39 minutes ago, WoodyWoo said:

I'm interested to see the thing that made you think such.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I would expect it’s the natural thought process relating to “Am I getting value for money”.

Its natural to review a large purchase and sometimes feel you may not have got it right. Often it’s too early to tell that unless you really goofed!

Also it depends on the lens through which you view the purchase, a builder of a PC wanting to ensure they get the power they were expecting runs benchmarks etc.

If you flip that around and say “Am I getting the experience I want” you may find you don’t need to ensure nothing holds your system back as you can get by with a slightly OP GPU at the settings you want, and maybe find it runs quiet and stable.

A good example is beefy cooler GPUs, just because you can OC them doesn’t mean you should, it might be better to clock them down and run them ultra quiet!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

The guy had just bought the stuff and was already selling it. i thought he ran into problems

1 hour ago, NineEyeRon said:

I would expect it’s the natural thought process relating to “Am I getting value for money”.

Its natural to review a large purchase and sometimes feel you may not have got it right. Often it’s too early to tell that unless you really goofed!

Also it depends on the lens through which you view the purchase, a builder of a PC wanting to ensure they get the power they were expecting runs benchmarks etc.

If you flip that around and say “Am I getting the experience I want” you may find you don’t need to ensure nothing holds your system back as you can get by with a slightly OP GPU at the settings you want, and maybe find it runs quiet and stable.

A good example is beefy cooler GPUs, just because you can OC them doesn’t mean you should, it might be better to clock them down and run them ultra quiet!

One should read reviews. That's how I determine if I'm getting value for my money.

58 minutes ago, WoodyWoo said:

The guy had just bought the stuff and was already selling it. i thought he ran into problems

I meant the "8%" bottleneck part. Where did you read that? Only way to check something like that would be to use another CPU, and preferably same mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

One should read reviews. That's how I determine if I'm getting value for my money.

I meant the "8%" bottleneck part. Where did you read that? Only way to check something like that would be to use another CPU, and preferably same mobo.

this website

https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080/amd-ryzen-5-2600/