RIP Remotr (Ios\android PC streaming)

Friends I am sorry to report that Remotr image.png.cdff65ed9e58675c28bc53939dabe573.png is no longer actively maintained (so is dead\dying) 

Please remotely join me in Pressing F

----------------------------------------------------------

Website https://remotrapp.com

Latest information from their team (as of today July 28th 2019) 

image.png.fe32f70b3251acfcd83e61f6f01a5ab2.png

I have not been able to use it since yesterday and had tried a password reset, but email with link is not being sent, and with this update probably won't be. 

I will personally miss this app since I loved the layout and used it to easily monitor what my son was watching on his computer via a desktop view mode on android.

Other geeky things I loved program for is, I figured out that the mode where you teach it where game files you want it to launch are located, it would accept .Bat files as well. So I built a few dos batch files for simple things like Locking the PC, or doing a steam process kill batch file I wrote, or rebooting/shutting down the PC, so I could at one touch with the Remotr android app do those things on my PC and my Sons PC. 

I know there are hundreds of apps that can do what Remotr did - but it did them in a stylish way and low lag - very stable manner. 

First time I'm hearing about this software and darn those are some neat features you've described. I wonder if an open source project that offers similar features is in the works.

Oh, they are the makers of Vortex ?

I guess there wasn't enough money to be made by letting people play their own games remotely, when free services like Steam In Home Streaming exist.

Looking at it, it seems to have had some severe security issues where someone else could remote in your stuff to either steal or snoop on you... Maybe that's one of the reason they decided to just shut it down and entirely move on to Vortex instead?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I recommend scrcpy as an Android alternative

https://GitHub.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

Just enable ADB debugging over wireless (Root should not be needed for most devices) and connect to the device using the IP. I use it at work (via USB) to keep my personal stuff off the work PC.

Edit: Wrong way around. I'll post my recommendations shortly.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I am actually interested if anyone knows of an alternative that does what RemotR used to do.

I at first assumed there would be hundreds out there but so far coming up with nothing; except a few possible Early release apps which I stay away from on networking based early releases for security reasons.

I'm not sure if others stayed away from the methods and abilities of Remotr for Copyright reasons or just didn't try to beat them at how cool the interface was. 

Website Malavida some screenshot examples of why I loved it so much. Also relying on Remotr-presskit which I haved backed up for the future history of Digital kind.. 

https://www.malavida.com/en/soft/remotr/    

See UNLIKE- other streamers that just basically "just broadcast your desktop",

Remotr **For free (yes a few second app would play before whatever app I wanted would launch on phone no big deal for what it did for me.)**

=> allowed me to on my phone tap simple icon for what game or app I wanted to launch on my computer - and as long as it had communication to the computer (either internet or wifi) and as long as computer was not locked it just worked, no if ands' or buts about it, didn't matter if I had another program up or not. I could even remotely unlock my computer via the "desktop view" feature so I could use on screen keyboard to type my pin or password.  I could just tap the icon for a batch file I setup to lock my computer or my sons computer simple done..

*no being forced/trying to zoom into my desktop to find icon like so many streaming services seem to only offer...   *

remotr-18682-5.jpg

You could Customize whatever touch screen layouts you wanted in any place, you want mouse function you have it, want WASD you got it, want a single letter you have it!  

remotr-18679-1.jpg

Here is example of how it looked on the android app side. 

image.thumb.png.60d46e7dbcc7f69c0b987b9986a49145.png

Man I wish I was rich enough to fund companies like Remotr to keep them alive... I feel a bit like I did when gamespy went under, sad, little upset, and knowing I have to do things more difficult ways to achieve what they used to do.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:38 AM, rcmaehl said:

I recommend scrcpy as an Android alternative

https://GitHub.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

Just enable ADB debugging over wireless (Root should not be needed for most devices) and connect to the device using the IP. I use it at work (via USB) to keep my personal stuff off the work PC.

Edit: Wrong way around. I'll post my recommendations shortly.

still interested once you have time ?  I run Note9 and windows 10 - and use bignox for android emulation. 

5 hours ago, Plasmaburndeath said:

still interested once you have time ?  I run Note9 and windows 10 - and use bignox for android emulation. 

While I'm unsure about Framerate/Latency for GAMING. My go to selection for Phone -> PC control would be Teamviewer. 

Similar Features

• Ability to be set up to use LAN
  • Ability to unlock the PC

Missing Features

• Touch screen overlays -> Keyboard keys (Could possibly make a solution by having a floating keyboard desktop side)
    Spoiler

Code:

Spoiler

#NoTrayIcon
    #include <GUIConstants.au3>
    #include <WinAPISysWin.au3>
    #include <StaticConstants.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

HotKeySet('{ESC}', 'Close')

Global $hWin, $hLWin

Main()

Func Main()

CreateKey("W", 200, @DesktopHeight-400, 200, 200)
    	CreateKey("A", 000, @DesktopHeight-200, 200, 200)
    	CreateKey("S", 200, @DesktopHeight-200, 200, 200)
    	CreateKey("D", 400, @DesktopHeight-200, 200, 200)

While 1
    		Sleep(1)
    		$hWin = WinGetHandle("")
    		If WinActive("[CLASS:AutoIt v3 GUI]") Then WinActivate($hLWin)
    		$hLWin = $hWin
    	WEnd

EndFunc

Func CreateKey($sLetter, $iLeft, $iTop, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iPad = 50)

Local $hGUI = GUICreate($sLetter, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iLeft, $iTop, BitOr($WS_POPUP,$WS_DLGFRAME), $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
    	Local $hKey = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sLetter, 0, 0, $iWidth, $iHeight, $SS_CENTER+$SS_CENTERIMAGE)
    	WinSetTrans($hGUI, "", 200)
    	GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $iHeight - $iPad)
    	GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_" & $sLetter)
    	GUISetBkColor(0xadd8e6) ; Light Blue
    	GUISetState()

EndFunc

Func Close()
    	Exit 0
    EndFunc

Func _W()
    	If WinActive("[CLASS:AutoIt v3 GUI]") Then
    		WinActivate($hLWin)
    	Else
    		WinActivate($hWin)
    	EndIf
    	Send("w")
    EndFunc

Func _A()
    		WinActivate($hLWin)
    	Else
    		WinActivate($hWin)
    	EndIf
    	Send("a")
    EndFunc

Func _S()
    		WinActivate($hLWin)
    	Else
    		WinActivate($hWin)
    	EndIf
    	Send("s")
    EndFunc

Func _D()
    		WinActivate($hLWin)
    	Else
    		WinActivate($hWin)
    	EndIf
    	Send("d")
    EndFunc

wasd.gif.1e82778a93870c47eba31df91c3d155c.gif

• Android game launcher app (Could make a solution using: Tasker Client -> Server -> Launch app)
    Spoiler

I may make a proof of concept later

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor