Stuttery stream?

When i stream with OBS i notice the stream isent as smooth as it could be. Is there a way to add like motion blur or anything that can make it smoother?

cpu: Some pretty good i5

gpu: 970

I'm using 2 pcs for my setup. The specs i mentioned are for the streaming pc.

Just now, Epimetheus said:

what is the "some pretty good i5"?

I don't know i forgot, not home atm. when i streaming it is around 40% when using my gpu as the encoder 

2 minutes ago, circeseye said:

try turning down the bit rate

Ill try that,

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

What's your stream settings and what i5 does your PC have?

If i knew i would specift. It goes about 40% when streaming on my gpu. Sorry thats all i can tell u atm :(

2 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

If i knew i would specift. It goes about 40% when streaming on my gpu. Sorry thats all i can tell u atm :(

Let me know once you can figure out that information. I might be able to figure out a lot more after that.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Let me know once you can figure out that information. I might be able to figure out a lot more after that.

Yea, makes sense.

There is a bug with OBS that doesnt give it proper GPU allocation when your GPU is above 85% used and caused OBS to not have enough resources to render the frame. Try limiting your FPS in game or with Nvidia Inspector. I have to do this even with my 2080ti otherwise my FPS in OBS drops from a stable steady 60 down into the 20s and 30s during times of high movement or action as a result. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Def limit your ingame fps lock it at 60 and if your game doesnt get above 60fps on its own then lower gfx settings. You need that extra power to help even with 10 series cards its just the way the encoder tends to work unless you use the "new" nvenc but imho at this point its hard to get a quality stream on a single pc with an I5 period unless the pc is dedicated to streaming or again you have a 10 series or even better rtx card with turing. I just spent about 8 hrs yesterday perfecting a stream on a R3 2200g and a R5 2600. I can tell you i can def get you a quality stream on the i5 if it is 3rd gen or newer but cant promise it will remain while gaming even using NVenc unless you play more slow paced titles. And again the games you play will make a difference>

If you can give us your detailed pc specs
CPU 
RAM

VIDEOCARD

Also if you can snip an image of your Obs settings for stream output and the video tab to see if you are scaling and if you are using any filtering. But something you will have to live with either way is more than likely you will be LUCKY if you can stream at 720 60fps with nvenc even with ANY i5 on the same machine you game on. You will likely have to chop resolution and also make sure your canvas matches your output. And prob go to 30fps. Cpu usage is not always the best way to determine the issue with obs. 

EDIT: I just saw the part where you said you are using two pc i can def get you a better quality stream on your pc for streaming using x264 than using nvenc and will be happy to help hit me up through pm or post/send me the information above and i will get you there. I would also like to know what version of OBS you are using and what else the pc is handling at the same time Ex. Watching/monitoring your own stream handling chat handling 2nd party overlay services like streamlabs ect. auido devices and camera devices and method of sending stream video to your pc. If you would even be willing to take a snip of your task manager to show me all relative running task's on the pc while you stream would help alot. 

If i were to give you a general set that should work again if you have an i5 from 3rd gen and on and is at least 3.4ghz base clock or above

VIDEO SETTINGS
Base/Canvas 1280x720

Output/Scaled 1280x720

Downscale filter Bilinear 
With Downscale filter only add those in right before you are ready to adjust bitrate down

FPS type 
Common

Common Fps Value

OBS OUTPUT SETTINGS

BITRATE OK so try a higher bit rate first because that means your cpu has to do less work to compress the image which will give you better quality overall. Essentially if you drop your bitrate low but your cpu does not have the power it will just look blocky and you wont be able to see anything so whats the point. 
IMHO try 7000 YES 7,000 first work your way down in incriments of 500 to find what your bandwith can handle and what point it looks good as possible. But do not work down unless A: Your stream just wont show at all or B:Your bandwith upload limit will not permit. or C : You have got all other settings tuned and are just wanting to now lower bandiwith until your cpu cant compress without quality loss. 

With that said on my 2200g i have it settled at 4500 and feel that is my sweet spot yours may vary

ENCODER
x264 no question unless for some reason you cant make it work dont use nvenc x264 on very fast is still comparable and even at times better to nvenc at the same bitrate again unless you are using rtx cards
ENCODER PRESET
VERY FAST we will add features to refine the video as needed individually
ADVANCED ENCODER SETTINGS / CUSTOM ENCODER SETTINGS
These will be added in the order they are listed and some will be explained. If you can run these all it will be essentaily fast or medium encoder preset level. we dont expect to get there but we can add some effects in order to put quality at balance with your cpu and there will be some personal judgment involved in what you want to look better for your stream.
1: Keep Threads at 4 as that is all you will have with an i5 and keep that setting in place no matter what. 2: rc-lookahead on very fast stock i beleive is 20 so work your way up from 20 in increments of 10 all the way up to 80 to see at what point your pc can not handle it.
Again you can copy and paste this and just then cut everthing but Threads and Rc-lookahead then adjust your lookahead value then add the rest one by one
Threads=4 rc-lookahead=80 ref=2 subme=6 mixed_ref=1 trellis=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2

I have not tested adding any of those extra settings on a 2200g but there is a possibility you have an i5 that may be able to handle some of those settings 

Alot of this i have learned from Eposvox videos and just have copied from my recent test using a R5 2600 as a dedicated pc