Bell Fibe Internet Speed Not As Promised

Solely Beats

So my family recently got the 50 mbps fibe package because some door to door business man convinced my dad to get it. Before we were using Shaw 75 Internet. I had 80 mbps download and about 9 mbps upload. I was using wireless internet at that time. When the bell technician finished installing the internet and home hub 3000 into our home. I soon connected to wifi and did a speed test. I got 30 mbps download and 2 mbps upload. I stream a lot so i require more than 6 upload speed. We were promised 50 Mbps download and 10ish upload speed. I though it was because i used wireless internet so i went ahead and bought a 50 foot cat 6 ethernet cable to connect the home hub 3000 modem to my pc. I did a speed test and again it was the same as wireless. I'm really confused as why im getting these speeds. I hope someone can help me.

if your isp promised but did not deliver cancel the service, you are not doing anything wrong, they have to deliver, is that simple, if they dont deliver, you move to another service who delivers what they promised

7 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

You turned off wireless right? Sometimes my laptop even when plugged in uses the Wireless.

yea i turned off wireless. i use a desktop and theres no built in wireless chip so i use my own adapter. so i just take the adapter off knowing wireless is off

14 minutes ago, Solely Beats said:

yea i turned off wireless. i use a desktop and theres no built in wireless chip so i use my own adapter. so i just take the adapter off knowing wireless is off

Then you got pretty SOL and should see if you can change service. These internet companies are AWFUL and should be illegal. Fiber Runs are cheap enough for them to do and should have been done 20 years ago. Sucks that you cant get better service at a good price.

14 hours ago, goto10 said:

if your isp promised but did not deliver cancel the service, you are not doing anything wrong, they have to deliver, is that simple, if they dont deliver, you move to another service who delivers what they promised

You can’t say that depending on the situation. Isp I work for does not guarantee much over wifi. Hardwired yes to a point. 

14 minutes ago, intertan said:

You can’t say that depending on the situation. Isp I work for does not guarantee much over wifi. Hardwired yes to a point. 

i never mentioned wifi, i said that if the service is not working as it should, cancel the service is the right thing to do

you and i know that wifi when the signal is good has to offer the same speed as on ethernet, distance and noise do affect the speed, but everybody tests a service these days via wifi, few people these days have a pc connected with ethernet cable, most go wifi these days, people just buy smartphones or tablets without ethernet port, you cant ask people this days to test speed with ethernet, people sometimes only have modem with wifi and a bunch of smartpgones

6 hours ago, goto10 said:

you cant ask people this days to test speed with ethernet

They can and they do, because you can't expect an ISP to troubleshoot speed problems if the user isn't testing wired.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

They can and they do, because you can't expect an ISP to troubleshoot speed problems if the user isn't testing wired.

you cant as in dont expect a sure, yeah, lets do it

it is not happening anymore, isp can ask alot, i know, but if the people doesnt have that and support keeps asking, you know what will happen, people will change to another company that realizes that not everybody has a pc with a ethernet port, or have a ethernet cable or know how to use that, wifi is king these days, that is the reality for home users, anyway, how does this help the op?, you are not helping, take your complaints and discussion somewhere else

3 minutes ago, goto10 said:

you cant as in dont expect a sure, yeah, lets do it

ISP's dont guarantee WiFi speeds. They cant control the airwaves around you home. So anything WiFi related is your responsibility to figure out. They will only guarantee speeds on Ethernet because as long as the cable is with in spec it WILL WORK. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

again, you are not helping, this post was asking for advise over a speed connection problem, keep complaining and not helping, you are doing it very well, all disconnected from reality

3 minutes ago, goto10 said:

again, you are not helping, this post was asking for advise over a speed connection problem, keep complaining and not helping, you are doing it very well, all disconnected from reality

I pulled up your gateway bell gave you. It looks like it has a Built in DSL modem. Are you on a form for DSL? If thats the case then it could be a copper issue. As in the phone line is shit. Happens all the time in the states. None of our phone companies want to maintain the copper network or fail to do routine maintenance. Then DSL service begins to suffer as a result. Again if your using DSL, how far are you from the CO/Remote box in the neighborhood? That matters as well, because DSL is very distance limited. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.